Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So a rebranding with no change, and a progressive Liberal movement that would still vote the same way as it's conservative partners. He's not learned a thing, what a f***ing idiot.
None of them have.

Imagine the mess we would be in if they had of won the election.
yikes.

As it is, these clueless performers are blaming Labor, 3 weeks into their time in office, for cost of living, er energy mess.

and

Fancy putting Susan Ley a Captains pick as Deputy. You stupid fools. She and the other stepford Libs from your government are not liked.

And

Murdoch media ffs, concentrate on Solutions, not your biased dribble you call good press.

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They’re not clueless. They know exactly what they’re doing.

The only question, that neither we nor they can answer, is whether it’s going to work anymore.
Funny story.

I was with a group of men last evening, footy lol.

At one point one of them, started the scare mongering about Labor, and which of you guys voted them in , yada yada yada.

He got shot down awful quick.

Stupid Libs, should stfu, for at least 6 months.

This blame, fear game , is angering people.
Much like the boat sms on election day. The trotting out Howard as the messiah.
Ffs guys, he isnt even a very naughty boy.He is just a plain old fart who sold our country out.
No one likes him.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So a rebranding with no change, and a progressive Liberal movement that would still vote the same way as it's conservative partners. He's not learned a thing, what a f***ing idiot.

The rebranding of himself towards the end as a fixated "Mr Fixit" was one that I could never get my head around. At no point during his reign did the thought ever occur to me to consider him as any sort of problem solver. Based upon his demonstrated behaviour.

But that article does go some way to show why he thinks he is a "Mr Fixit", even when it's obvious to everyone else that he's not. This textbook behaviour of a lifelong unproductive (TM Rick & Morty) is considered to be "fixing" by someone who has no clue nor respect to what fixing actually means.

To borrow the previous page's metaphor, Squat's idea of fixing a broken door would be to paint it blue.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Funny story.

I was with a group of men last evening, footy lol.

At one point one of them, started the scare mongering about Labor, and which of you guys voted them in , yada yada yada.

He got shot down awful quick.

Stupid Libs, should stfu, for at least 6 months.

This blame, fear game , is angering people.
Much like the boat sms on election day. The trotting out Howard as the messiah.
Ffs guys, he isnt even a very naughty boy.He is just a plain old fart who sold our country out.
No one likes him.
And that is 100% true. The Liberal Party want Howard to be revered as some sort of Menzies figure. His legacy for a 4 term prime minister is shockingly shallow. GST and gun reform.

Not even all Liberals like him and he is one of the factors that further splinters the dry v wets argument.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
And that is 100% true. The Liberal Party want Howard to be revered as some sort of Menzies figure. His legacy for a 4 term prime minister is shockingly shallow. GST and gun reform.

Not even all Liberals like him and he is one of the factors that further splinters the dry v wets argument.

The thing is that Howard is more Brezhnev than Menzies.

The knock on Menzies is that he was a classic conservative - his idea of progress was very, very slow and incremental, but the country didn't decay under his watch, as such.

Howard's legacy, on the other hand, is mostly one of stagnation, decay, militarisation and overreliance on resources. Granted, he wasn't corrupt like Brezhnev - or Morrison for that matter.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
None of them have.

Imagine the mess we would be in if they had of won the election.
yikes.

As it is, these clueless performers are blaming Labor, 3 weeks into their time in office, for cost of living, er energy mess.

and

Fancy putting Susan Ley a Captains pick as Deputy. You stupid fools. She and the other stepford Libs from your government are not liked.

And

Murdoch media ffs, concentrate on Solutions, not your biased dribble you call good press.

Stepford libs. I like it. Shocking bias on my part but I immediately have lower respect for a female who chooses to be a coalition MP

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The thing is that Howard is more Brezhnev than Menzies.

The knock on Menzies is that he was a classic conservative - his idea of progress was very, very slow and incremental, but the country didn't decay under his watch, as such.

Howard's legacy, on the other hand, is mostly one of stagnation, decay, militarisation and overreliance on resources. Granted, he wasn't corrupt like Brezhnev - or Morrison for that matter.
And the escalation into corruption and grifting on an industrial scale is the true damage Morrison has done.

Australia has basically used its fiscal spending lever entirely with little to zero benefit for the Australian people.

The Liberals spent $750 billion and it is either offshore, wasted on asset bubbles that will inevitably pop, hoarded by the rich, wasted on some of the worst programs in Australia’s history - Robodebt, dud defence projects, off shore detention and security, etc. or handed to mining for pipe dreams like carbon capture.

There has been zero economic reform. Little infrastructure. Little nation building.

Just a massive debt bill for nothing.

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It is worth reading the Senate Hansard of the 6/4 hearing at which both Patrick and Penny Wong grilled DOD officials on the litany of major defence project failures project failures.

Apart from the $4 billion of taxpayer dollars wasted on the cancelled Attack class submarine project that was first announced in 2009 (in addition to the recently announced $835m compensation payment to the French) we have seen each of these major projects cancelled, failed to be delivered or unable to meet operational expectations in recent years:

• MRH-90 Taipan helicopters $3.8 billion,
  • SkyGuardian armed drones $1.3 billion,
  • Army Battle Management System $1 billion,
  • Spartan $1.4 billion
  • Tiger helicopters $1 billion.

And according to the Auditor-General, there have been 1,321 months of delay in defence programs.

While the incompetent Morrison government has been dumped by voters, not one senior DOD official has been demoted, sacked or reprimanded over these failures.

And yet these same DOD officials are going to be asked to oversee the design, development, delivery and operation of a shift to new nuclear technology and systems in the largest defence project in Australia's history over a 30-40 year timespan?

If history is a guide, this is a clusterfeck in the making.
And the escalation into corruption and grifting on an industrial scale is the true damage Morrison has done.
Australia has basically used its fiscal spending lever entirely with little to zero benefit for the Australian people.

The Liberals spent $750 billion and it is either offshore, wasted on asset bubbles that will inevitably pop, hoarded by the rich, wasted on some of the worst programs in Australia’s history - Robodebt, dud defence projects, off shore detention and security, etc. or handed to mining for pipe dreams like carbon capture.

There has been zero economic reform. Little infrastructure. Little nation building.

Just a massive debt bill for nothing.

Maybe Tony Abbott was a prophet?

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
The rebranding of himself towards the end as a fixated "Mr Fixit" was one that I could never get my head around. At no point during his reign did the thought ever occur to me to consider him as any sort of problem solver. Based upon his demonstrated behaviour.

But that article does go some way to show why he thinks he is a "Mr Fixit", even when it's obvious to everyone else that he's not. This textbook behaviour of a lifelong unproductive (TM Rick & Morty) is considered to be "fixing" by someone who has no clue nor respect to what fixing actually means.

To borrow the previous page's metaphor, Squat's idea of fixing a broken door would be to paint it blue.
He’s a marketer (albeit a very poor one) all he has/had was word salads and spin, he is a man of nothing, nothing is below him, he’s a hypocrite of the highest order

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

His idea of 'fixing' was slogans, political wedging & deflection.

That works for a while, until fire, floods, pandemic etc etc. ie until you actually have to do stuff. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back