Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just stand up for what I believe in, you best believe that when Albo puts ANOTHER foot wrong I will be first in line to kick him when he's down!
Does he know what the cash rate and unemployment figures are today ? :p
Don't bother friend, I know how to respond to yu.
Screenshot_20220614-090722_Chrome.jpg

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
God I love pissing on the grave of the Morrison government.
It's also hilarious to see the people who were pretending to be 'protest' voting with the freedumb grift parties now all of a sudden huge political strategy experts, on how the LNP needs to get back into power. And all they can come up with is double down harder on culture wars and identity politics 🤣🤣

It's also hilarious to see the people who were pretending to be 'protest' voting with the freedumb grift parties now all of a sudden huge political strategy experts, on how the LNP needs to get back into power. And all they can come up with is double down harder on culture wars and identity politics 🤣🤣
Opposition is proving difficult too seeing as there's almost nothing they can accuse the current government of that they didn't do in spades themselves. Tehan going on about recalling Parliament this morning being the latest example.

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Opposition is proving difficult too seeing as there's almost nothing they can accuse the current government of that they didn't do in spades themselves. Tehan going on about recalling Parliament this morning being the latest example.
I missed that!

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A question for the more avid political observers in this thread: What do you reckon Squatty is playing at?

There was some discussion pre election about what will he do when he loses, with the typical practice of resigning the party leadership and Parliament being expected.

So here we are a month(ish) later and he's resigned the party leadership, but has stated no intention of resigning from Parliament.

My internal monolgue held the view that his religionism was a wildcard. "I'm on a mission from God" makes it easy to dismiss the tradition of stepping away. Plus we've heard plenty about Pentecostals angling for more power and influence over the country. They've successfully established a beach head, so I doubted they'd give that up easily.

So, question 1: Do chaps and chapettes still expect him to resign from Parliament at some stage? (say between now and next election)

I did a quick look back, trying to figure how common this is. Was the last PM to hang around parliament after losing Gorton?
  • Abbott (Not PM at time) - lost seat
  • Turnbull (Not PM at time) - resigned from Parliament
  • Rudd - resigned from Parliament
  • Gillard (not PM at time) - resigned from Parliament
  • Howard - lost seat
  • Keating - resigned from Parliament
  • Hawke - resigned from parliament as a backbencher after losing the leadership
  • Fraser - resigned from Parliament
So, question 2: How long would Squatty have to hang around the back benches like a bad smell in order to become Australia's longest serving political gooseberry?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
A question for the more avid political observers in this thread: What do you reckon Squatty is playing at?

There was some discussion pre election about what will he do when he loses, with the typical practice of resigning the party leadership and Parliament being expected.

So here we are a month(ish) later and he's resigned the party leadership, but has stated no intention of resigning from Parliament.

My internal monolgue held the view that his religionism was a wildcard. "I'm on a mission from God" makes it easy to dismiss the tradition of stepping away. Plus we've heard plenty about Pentecostals angling for more power and influence over the country. They've successfully established a beach head, so I doubted they'd give that up easily.

So, question 1: Do chaps and chapettes still expect him to resign from Parliament at some stage? (say between now and next election)

I did a quick look back, trying to figure how common this is. Was the last PM to hang around parliament after losing Gorton?
  • Howard - lost seat
  • Hawke - retired as PM
So, question 2: How long would Squatty have to hang around the back benches like a bad smell in order to become Australia's longest serving political gooseberry?
Never underestimate the zeal of those who believe they are on a mission from god. I'd say that's entirely what this is about. There has been a concerted effort since Howard to get more religious zealots into the corridors of power.

Personally I think it would be far better for the nation if they'd all just eff off, but given they're clearly disinclined to do that, the worst mistake we can make is to underestimate them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have plenty and they're not affiliated with the LNP or ON for that matter (shock horror)

UAP, Liberal Democrats, and the various cooker parties then I assume?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

• Howard - lost seat
  • Hawke - retired as PM
Instead of Dorothy Dixers, labor should keep throwing questions at Squatty

It will annoy the s**t out of him

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Instead of Dorothy Dixers, labor should keep throwing questions at Squatty

It will annoy the s**t out of him
That would be fun, "Scott, can you explain why Hillsong were given a gazillion dollars and what values is the tax payer getting for it"

And then a proper speaker to grill his arse properly.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
As I've said before I sprout the same opinions in real life as I do online, Dutton has a very good chance of becoming the next PM of Australia. People say the LNP won't gain votes at the next election but only lose them - what happens when the ALP and these IND + "Green" members fail at achieving anything in this 3 year term ? Their seats could very well be at risk of falling to the old mate Liberals!

Thus far Albo is all smoke and mirrors, soundbites and photo opportunities with other world leaders. Whoop de dooooooooo
Havn't seen him put Putin to the sword as yet - at least "toughman" Tony threatened to shirt front him!
So, Albo has to assassinate Putin to be a good PM, Abbott just had to make a stupid comment to be a good PM, and Scummo just had to get through the day without shitting himself to be a good PM.

Got it.

how is avi doing these days?

What's an avi ?

So, Albo has to assassinate Putin to be a good PM, Abbott just had to make a stupid comment to be a good PM, and Scummo just had to get through the day without shitting himself to be a good PM.

Got it.

Lol now that's ridiculous

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

• Howard - lost seat
  • Hawke - retired as PM

Hawke resigned from parliament as a backbencher after losing the leadership, forcing a by-election in unfavourable circumstances. (don't blame him for leaving par,liament a year before the 93 election) but he didn't retire as PM.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawke resigned from parliament as a backbencher after losing the leadership, forcing a by-election in unfavourable circumstances. (don't blame him for leaving par,liament a year before the 93 election) but he didn't retire as PM.
Updated OP

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Remind me - when did he actually carry thru with the shirtfront of Putin…I must have missed it
No, it was the threat that was a sign of Abbotts genius, and then not doing it was a Machiavellian mind game to unhinge Putin, by having him worry endlessly 'when's that shirtfront coming'.

How can you concentrate on oppressing the people, if every time you come to a corner, your worried about the mad monk jumping out in his speedos, and giving you a shirtfront?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back