Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

The length of the term of appointment, which was what I was responding to, has nothing to do with Morrison.

Ah that old chestnut.

Pick one detail which has nothing to do with the substance of the arguments being presented- that political appointees to the AAT, ABC Board etc have risen exponentially under successive Liberal Governments & gone off the chart under the Government Morrison led.

And then continue to derail the conversation with that one point completely ignoring the actual substance.

Like I said, you need a new schtick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that old chestnut.

Pick one detail which has nothing to do with the substance of the arguments being presented- that political appointees to the AAT, ABC Board etc have risen exponentially under successive Liberal Governments & gone off the chart under the Government Morrison led.

And then continue to derail the conversation with that one point completely ignoring the actual substance.

Like I said, you need a new schtick.

That argument came later, and I don’t have the time to research every appointment, political or otherwise.

I responded to a post about length of terms with fact, because I knew that to be wrong. Specifically.

Generally, both sides make political appointments. I don’t know (and won’t be schooled on it by the Australia Institute ffs) whether one side is worse than the other and to what extent so I’m not jumping into that part of the debate.

That argument came later, and I don’t have the time to research every appointment, political or otherwise.

I responded to a post about length of terms with fact, because I knew that to be wrong. Specifically.

Generally, both sides make political appointments. I don’t know (and won’t be schooled on it by the Australia Institute ffs) whether one side is worse than the other and to what extent so I’m not jumping into that part of the debate.

And both techniques in one. Whataboutism AND going back to your one fact, ignoring the substance.

Plus another old favorite. ignoring the facts by attempting to discredit the source.

The Australia Institute is reporting on numbers, facts that can’t be disputed by throwing shade.
It’s not opinion, it’s numbers.

The percentage of political appointments to the AAT has increased exponentially under Morrison. Fact. In the Morrison thread.

And both techniques in one. Whataboutism AND going back to your one fact, ignoring the substance.

Plus another old favorite. ignoring the facts by attempting to discredit the source.

The Australia Institute is reporting on numbers, facts that can’t be disputed by throwing shade.
It’s not opinion, it’s numbers.

The percentage of political appointments to the AAT has increased exponentially under Morrison. Fact. In the Morrison thread.

Righto. Whatever. I don’t give a s**t. The length of FWC appointments was decided by Kevin Rudd. That’s the only fact.

Righto. Whatever. I don’t give a s**t. The length of FWC appointments was decided by Kevin Rudd. That’s the only fact.

It’s the only fact you’re prepared to talk about because it has nothing to do with the substance of the argument.

That political appointees to the AAT increased exponentially under every successive liberal government & most significantly under the Morrison government.

Only since 1987 :think:

They have only been keeping score since 1987.
So really they can't categorically say "the most unpopular ever".
The next poll will be the "most ineffective".
Then "most hypocritical"

ICAC will have a say in the "most criminally responsible"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has gone very quiet, almost lime he has fallen off the face of the earth.

Can't remember the last Saturday night I didn't get a twitter notifaction of him cooking a curry. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some nice photos of him making the chicken coop at his new residence.

Or perhaps there are just no problems that need fixing.

They have only been keeping score since 1987.
So really they can't categorically say "the most unpopular ever".
The next poll will be the "most ineffective".
Then "most hypocritical"

ICAC will have a say in the "most criminally responsible"
Yeah the wording on that is atrocious tho.

I was surprised as I thought that Hawke Keating were quite popular circa 87. The way its worded implies that they were less popular, not that it's when tracking started.

Garbage journalism.

He has gone very quiet, almost lime he has fallen off the face of the earth.

Can't remember the last Saturday night I didn't get a twitter notifaction of him cooking a curry. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some nice photos of him making the chicken coop at his new residence.

Or perhaps there are just no problems that need fixing.
I think you will find it is as simple as he doesn’t have a free personal photographer and a staff of hundreds anymore

It's good to see an ex-PM come straight out and call another ex-PM a baldfaced liar. Should be more of it.

Even if AA proves to be an enormous disappointment, his fundamental honesty is a breath of fresh air and a reminder to Morrison and his turd crew that Australians will only stand being blatantly bullschitted to for so long.

Worst government ever.
Rort after rort after scam.
What a mess they’ve left.

Only since 1987 :think:

The interesting part:
Findings also showed teal independent support likely to have been ‘tactical Labor or Greens voters’ instead of dissatisfied Liberals
... which would explain some of Labor's primary diminishing. It'd make sense, as an awful lot of pro-labor voices in media were telling people to do what it took to unelect a lib; if that meant voting for Labor, a teal or a Greens candidate, you did what you had to do.

They were profoundly on the nose towards the end, the Libs.

No problem.

Care to head over to the Dan Andrews thread and call out the appointment of Karin Emerton to President of the Supreme Court of Appeal?

Look I generally agree with you about political appointments to judicial and other public service positions. But the level of outrage expressed above ignores the fact that they all do it and that the term of engagement in these FWC positions is a consequence of legislation written under the Rudd Government.

I think the Mirabella appointment, irrespective of her qualifications for the role or otherwise, is an unnecessarily provocative appointment.

From what I can tell, Alana Matheson seems perfectly reasonable and qualified.
Tagged you into the post in the federal icac stat thread.

The interesting part:

... which would explain some of Labor's primary diminishing. It'd make sense, as an awful lot of pro-labor voices in media were telling people to do what it took to unelect a lib; if that meant voting for Labor, a teal or a Greens candidate, you did what you had to do.

They were profoundly on the nose towards the end, the Libs.

Making sure those votes 1 teal 2 lib 3….etc votes never flowed back to the libs, if the teal doesn’t get top 2, preference flows back to ALP. Anyway. Tactical easy with preferential voting

Very good, let's go about reversing every handout this campaigner gave the churches. While we're at it, tax the megachurches

Can't discriminate, just tax all the churches. They're now just snake-oil salespeople selling fake redemption to make a profit for their organisation to expand.

The definition of not-for-profit should change so that only activities which have a public good are tax-exempt.

Things like building churches and property investments should be taxed fully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back