Certified Legendary Thread Squiggle 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

More grand final pain for Sydney ?

200.gif

Please let this come true!

More grand final pain for Sydney ?

200.gif

Please let this come true!

There are many Crows fans who are hoping Squiggle to work out how it says it will

I also remember this thread saying the same thing exactly 12 months ago (with 2 rounds left)

And we all know how that turned out :(

There are many Crows fans who are hoping Squiggle to work out how it says it will

I also remember this thread saying the same thing exactly 12 months ago (with 2 rounds left)

And we all know how that turned out :(

Adelaide are better this season though hopefully no more hiccups!

Dangerfield would be spewing leave the Crows to pursue a flag with Geelong only to miss out!

**Added bonus is Buddy leaving the Hawks to help Sydney win more flags, only to miss out himself :D

Last edited:

Dangerfield would be spewing leave the Crowa to pursue a flag with Geelong only to miss out!

It would make it that so much sweeter. I mean, it'd be pretty great to win one (I was early teens in 97/98, and am much more invested now), but that extra bit of salt to rub in would be delicious

Don't mind a bit of banter with Crows supporters. This weekend could very well be a grand final preview.

The Swans win and the Tigers slip up in either of their last 2 matches, Sydney slides straight into the top 4. Even Geelong's at risk of slipping out if the Pies do them in.

I'll be at Adelaide Oval for this game and I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait!

Final Siren need more review...

Don't mind a bit of banter with Crows supporters. This weekend could very well be a grand final preview.

The Swans win and the Tigers slip up in either of their last 2 matches, Sydney slides straight into the top 4. Even Geelong's at risk of slipping out if the Pies do them in.

I'll be at Adelaide Oval for this game and I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait!

Final Siren need more review...
We'll let you win this week, if you let us win in a few weeks?

Sting?

Was that a cameo or has he been in Dire Straits and I just never knew?
It was a cameo. The hook he sings is taken from one of his own Police songs 'Don't Stand So Close to Me'.

You could actually have quite a bit of fun with famous songs and the various vagaries of Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squiggle
Geelong 85 - 68 Richmond

Actual
Geelong 80 - 66 Richmond

Always amazes me how close it gets.
I was really hoping we'd win on the weekend, if only to finally get some respect from Squiggle.

Alas we just proved him right again. :(

2017 Round 21

0nvM546.jpg

That's a pretty handy position for Adelaide there, NOT THAT IT WILL BE ENOUGH FOR YOU, ADELAIDE FANS. My God, squiggle showed you were a force a year ago and you're still like, "We might still be terrible." You're not terrible. Face it.

3MpVPY4.gif

The Crows and Swans both beat up on lesser teams this week. Sydney were especially impressive, reaching triple figures before Fremantle had made double figures, which is the kind of defensive performance that should scare you, unless you're Sydney. Of course, it was only Freo. Remember after Round 9 when Fremantle were 5th on the ladder? I was correct to call it the greatest travesty of the 21st century, or whatever I said. The Dockers have been extraordinary at scrounging close wins to mask poor fundamentals over the last couple of years.

The Giants also had a good win over the Bulldogs to add a bit of interest to the top.

sqSksp0.png

Essendon are a great chance of snagging two wins in their final two games, and squiggle thinks that might be enough to tip out the Eagles and Dogs. In particular, it thinks Essendon can boost their percentage by enough to move ahead of West Coast even with the Eagles winning 1 out of 2 (defeating either GWS or Adelaide).

A better picture of the landscape can be seen in the Tower:

nNLJaVN.gif

That's still a decent chance for Sydney to muscle into the top 4, by beating Adelaide this week and Carlton the next while relying on Richmond to drop a game against Fremantle or St Kilda, or else Geelong or GWS to lose both of theirs. And if the Swans can't, Port Adelaide has a chance to do the same thing.

The top 6 is about 85% certain, though, to be Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, Richmond, Sydney, and Port Adelaide.

Brisbane are no longer more likely to finish bottom than any other position! After spending the first half of the year grinding the gears and bunny-hopping in place, the Lions have found the accelerator and started going places been going places. They're no longer even the worst team in the competition.

Also there is now a 3% chance of a Hawthorn finals campaign, courtesy of a couple of convenient results for the Hawks on the weekend. Imagine the Hawks scraping into 8th and taking on Sydney in an Elimination Final. Grips the mind, doesn't it.

37Yo95A.gif

On Flagpole, Melbourne and St Kilda move rapidly in opposite directions.

And there's now a fair gap between Sydney and the next tier of challengers.

More squiggles!

Live squiggles!

1. Like the look of that ladder, reflects the season at large, although a bit stiff for Carlton if they fall dead last, as they have been as sound as any of those bottom six sides and were rewarded with some big scalps for their consistent effort.

2. Essendon getting into finals over the Eagles on percentage is too typical to appal, they have a skill for malignant infliction at a biennial bare minimum, our perennial nemesis. And we deserve such punishment given the nature of our season, we invited it! Plus it means the prospect of another one of those SCG Bomber thrillers for an elimination final.

3. Surprised at how suddenly the Lions percentage has respectably joined the herd (or at least is projected to do so)

4. Small shout to Sydney, about to make their 14th finals series in 15 years (which immediately follows the really good and watershed Eade era). Only one elimination final exit in that time as well (2007), otherwise it's all been top 6 H&A and post-finals (winning finals in 11 of 14 years, and a straight sets exit in 2015 which is still multiple finals). Haven't been bottom four since those horror early 90s (1994). Respect.

Last edited:
As a dyed in the wool hater of Geelong and Sydney which would give you greater joy to see losing a GF?

I made my point clear what would happen in a Cats v Swans gf..... preparing a will for that moment!! At worst the year will have a ******** beside it.

I wanted the Cats to win in 2011.... I hate Collingwood that much :D.

Dangerfield would be spewing leave the Crows to pursue a flag with Geelong only to miss out!
Ah, the good old fake sympathy to score a few cheap likes from Crows fans.

You do realise that Danger left to be closer to home, right? Not to pursue a premiership here. I think most people would've expected the Crows to make the finals last year & I personally tipped them to finish first this year without Dangerfield.

Ah, the good old fake sympathy to score a few cheap likes from Crows fans.

You do realise that Danger left to be closer to home, right? Not to pursue a premiership here. I think most people would've expected the Crows to make the finals last year & I personally tipped them to finish first this year without Dangerfield.

I don't begrudge Danger. It's not as though he lied about his intentions (cf Gunston and Tippett). I still dislike Geelong, but that's probably because they've had the wood on us for a few years (and perhaps because we seem to play at your pissant stadium every year).

I don't begrudge Danger. It's not as though he lied about his intentions (cf Gunston and Tippett). I still dislike Geelong, but that's probably because they've had the wood on us for a few years (and perhaps because we seem to play at your pissant stadium every year).
All the interstate and smaller 4 Vic clubs are forced to play here more often because of the other greedy 5 larger Vic clubs even getting a say regarding the fixture.

Once those teams show up when we are a 40000+ stadium (after next development stage) expect 50/50 AO & KP matches.

4. Small shout to Andrew Dimitriou, about to make their 14th finals series in 15 years (which immediately follows the really good and watershed Eade era). Only one elimination final exit in that time as well (2007), otherwise it's all been top 6 H&A and post-finals (winning finals in 12 of 14 years). Haven't been bottom four since those horror early 90s (1994). Respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back