Certified Legendary Thread Squiggle 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS were worse than any other team this century. And they were that bad for a long time. Only Melbourne are really comparable.

Do I really want to see the comparison?

Do I really want to see the comparison?
You can actually see Melbourne's arse hanging out the bottom in one of the previous pics:

EHziRf2.jpg

The notable thing about GWS is how bad they were. This is maybe best to see on a plot of all squiggles from 2000-2017:

uKutsbj.jpg

Carlton look like they were a higher scoring version of the current Brisbane team for a while there.

Also, what the heck did Collingwood do to zoom out to the right like that?

Did they play a lot of wet weather games or something because they are miles off to the right, well beyond the very defensive Sydney teams.

Did they play a lot of wet weather games or something because they are miles off to the right, well beyond the very defensive Sydney teams.
That would be mid 2011 I presume

Belting Port and North by 100+ whilst keeping them to scores of 21 and 30.

Mostly they beat Port Adelaide in Adelaide 21 to 159, not long after beating North Melbourne 147 to 30.

They also held a lot of teams to low scores: 8 games with the opposition held to the 50s or below, and a bunch more held to the 60s.

Mostly they beat Port Adelaide in Adelaide 21 to 159, not long after beating North Melbourne 147 to 30.

They also held a lot of teams to low scores: 8 games with the opposition held to the 50s or below, and a bunch more held to the 60s.
That's pretty damn impressive.

Final Siren - after reading the last page or two, I was wondering if you could find any random year and give us the full season squiggle, explosive squiggle and 2pass squiggle. I'm intrigued to see how similar or different they are. You'd think they'd be very similar by years end.

How do I make this squiggle thing make Richmond win the premiership.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Apparently this was the reason the Squiggle was invented. A Richmond supporter looking to use maths to deliver the holy grail. Unfortunately it as Laurie Nash and not John nash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every algorithm I've seen gets them to the highest rating ever.
An extraordinary team. With one game to go in 2011, Collingwood had 20 wins, 1 loss (by 3pts), and a percentage of 182%. Their average game was them winning 122 to 67.

Then it all went a bit wobbly. They don't do so well by the "premierships won in 2011" algorithm.

Last edited:
Collngwood 2011 before the final home and away game had me shitting my pants at a Collingwood dynasty. The odds for them going back to back must've been very short.

Of course Geelong showed up and the rest is history. I don't think there have been any recent VFL/AFL seasons where a side only lost to one opponent all year.

Collngwood 2011 before the final home and away game had me shitting my pants at a Collingwood dynasty. The odds for them going back to back must've been very short.

Of course Geelong showed up and the rest is history. I don't think there have been any recent VFL/AFL seasons where a side only lost to one opponent all year.

Essendon 2000?

Essendon 2000?
I'm not sure that's what he meant
I think he meant
Beat every team bar one which they couldn't

Essendon still won rd 6 so split the series

i doubt any team in the afl era did this other than Collingwood 2011
We'd probably have to go looking to the pre west coast days and look through 2 loss teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back