Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 1 T20I)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Is there a reason Chandimal bats at six?

gtrxuone

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
Good to see Sri Lanka have a pulse.Good 3rd wicket partnership building.

workhorse

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Great effort these two, 241 the partnership

red+black

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Storm
Unrelated to this thread but interesting that we have Pakistan and NZ next year at home then India again the following year
Yes, I am very disappointed that the same team is coming here twice in 3 years. The scheduling of international cricket has always been a joke.

CakeEater

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
de Grandhomme to Mathews, FOUR runs, full, angled into the pads, clipped away through the gap at midwicket for his ninth Test ton. Celebrates with push-ups. It has been a test of fitness... and mental strength. What a knock!

Interesting way to celebrate a century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
de Grandhomme to Mathews, FOUR runs, full, angled into the pads, clipped away through the gap at midwicket for his ninth Test ton. Celebrates with push-ups. It has been a test of fitness... and mental strength. What a knock!

Interesting way to celebrate a century.
Borrowed from the Misbah Ul Haq handbook

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
246 off 96 overs between Mathews and Mendis.

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
Looked very flat so kiwis could still chase a target pretty quickly but they need a wicket in the first hour, worry for nz is by the time they get another new ball the game will already out of reach.

Impressive fight from SL though after getting thumped at home and 3 down for nothing twice here you would expect them to crumble.

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Looked very flat so kiwis could still chase a target pretty quickly but they need a wicket in the first hour, worry for nz is by the time they get another new ball the game will already out of reach.

Impressive fight from SL though after getting thumped at home and 3 down for nothing twice here you would expect them to crumble.
Huge chance of rain within an hour of play starting. They are incredibly close to earning a draw.

dumb

i shit blue
AFL Club
Carlton
reminds me of a few SL tours to england in the past 10 or so years, the SL middle/lower order pulling test matches out of the fire and even stealing test/series wins.

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
reminds me of a few SL tours to england in the past 10 or so years, the SL middle/lower order pulling test matches out of the fire and even stealing test/series wins.
That 2014 series in england was insane, didn't get the hype it deserved because it was SL but to have finishes like this back to back seems impossible.

This was also the series foxpsorts didn't cover or didn't have the rights to.

(1st test)

(2nd).

workhorse

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
New Zealand's summer of cricket is a strange one this year. 2 tests now vs Sri Lanka, then 3 ODI's vs Sri Lanka, 5 ODI's vs India, 3 ODI's vs Bangladesh and then 3 Tests vs Bangladesh in March. I understand its a World Cup year, but still.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
Thread starter #75
Lakmal ripped through the top order, but Watling and Southee have restored respectability. Southee closing in on his high score, which he made in his first Test innings.

Top Bottom