Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 1 T20I)

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand have never been better than this overall.
From a Test ranking perspective, this is the best performing NZ side ever. However, drawing the 1st Test against Sri Lanka has cost them the #2 ranking.

They have Bangladesh away for 3 coming up, should be a good challenge. To maintain their rating, NZ need to win 2-0. An unlikely 3-0 series win would most probably boost them up to #2.

Last edited:
Sri Lanka have lost Chandimal for 56 but they have got the required runs below that psychological barrier of 500!

Sri Lanka trail by 430 runs. Disregarding victories by an innings, NZ Test wins by:
300 runs: 0
250 runs: 1
200 runs: 3

Last edited:

From a Test ranking perspective, this is the best performing NZ side ever. However, drawing the 1st Test against Sri Lanka has cost them the #2 ranking.

They have Bangladesh away for 3 coming up, should be a good challenge. To maintain their rating, NZ need to win 2-0. An unlikely 3-0 series win would most probably boost them up to #2.
I'll think you'll find that series is at home for NZ not away.

I'm wondering how Neil Wagner has such a good test record? Whenever I watch him he seems to be a not as good, left handed Peter Siddle yet averages 28 with a solid strike rate. What am I missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

International cricket, 30+ runs from first 5 balls of an over:

33 - J Neesham (6666nb26)
31 - E Lewis (66Y666)
30 - Y Singh (66666), H Gibbs (66666), J Butler (662nb1nb446)

List A world record for most runs off one over:

Last edited:
Exciting finish to 2nd ODI. Sri Lanka were 7/128 chasing 320, now 9/270 after 45 overs. Thisara Perera with a career best 116* (67).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back