Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2021 (3 T20's, 3 ODI's and 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Campbell's spot must surely be under the microscope now. Even Evin Lewis should be considered for the openers slot heading forward.

Yeah, Campbell's spot must surely be under the microscope now. Even Evin Lewis should be considered for the openers slot heading forward.

I'm the first bloke to decry putting players in a team because they have an odd technique or whatever - runs or ability are more important - but geez I think his technique is too suspect for Test cricket. Has an incredible eye but his habit of sitting on the heel of his front foot when he's trying to come forward is just inviting trouble against decent new ball bowling.

They opened with Hope in the tour match, I expect that's how they plan on getting him back in to the Test side.

He ain't getting Bonner or Mayers' spot, and Blackwood has some credits in the bank. Chase is the other all-rounder option if its spinning. Bravo is in the squad and at some point you'd think would come back in. Hope's sole chance is to make it at the top.

Campbell seems to love a decent looking 20 or 30 that just keeps his spot in the team. Even in this test he made a 42. The Windies selectors almost need him to have 2 failures so they can fully justify dropping him.

I think Nissanka is going to have some problems once teams work out he can't play anything straight or off his pads (well at least it looked that way) but what would I know when he averages 68 at first class level and has a test hundred on debut? That cut shot he has is *chefs kiss*.

Campbell seems to love a decent looking 20 or 30 that just keeps his spot in the team. Even in this test he made a 42. The Windies selectors almost need him to have 2 failures so they can fully justify dropping him.

I think Nissanka is going to have some problems once teams work out he can't play anything straight or off his pads (well at least it looked that way) but what would I know when he averages 68 at first class level and has a test hundred on debut? That cut shot he has is *chefs kiss*.

It's a shame he can't get that big score because he has actually alleviated one of the issues we were facing basically every innings we played - being 1-down after 3-4 overs. He's playing a role if nothing else.

From reading some of the articles about his knock it sounded like he was denying his natural game a bit in this innings. Given his strike rates in domestic cricket are quite high, I don't think this will be as much of an issue in future.

Just had a quick glance at Nissanka's FC/List A record. Seems to be thriving in all formats. Would love to see him play some white ball stuff for SL soon & break into their World T20 squad later this year.

Also of all the issues that batsmen face, the straight or incoming delivery is probably one of the easiest to work on and develop a plan to because it doesn't rely on judgement. An outside off issue can be difficult because there is always an extra factor - do I need to play or not. Balls coming into you don't have to make that judgement or assess what shot to play you just have to develop a technique of either keeping it out or getting it off the square.

Campbell seems to me more suited to the short form games, get Hope in opening he is probably the most talented West Indies batsman since Lara. I know he lost form in test cricket but if he can get going look out!

Technically Chanders should have that mantle, or even Chris Gayle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Chanders and Gayle, and a fan of Sarwan to but I think from pure technique and the ease at which he can make it look Hope for me looks the most talented since Lara.

Loved Chanders and Gayle, and a fan of Sarwan to but I think from pure technique and the ease at which he can make it look Hope for me looks the most talented since Lara.

He is beautiful to watch when he is in full flow there’s no doubt about that.

I’m just buggered as to how he can replicate his amazing one day record into test cricket

He is beautiful to watch when he is in full flow there’s no doubt about that.

I’m just buggered as to how he can replicate his amazing one day record into test cricket

Been a lot of very good ODI players that haven't been successfull in test cricket. Yurav , Bairstow, Roy, Bevan are a few that come to mind.

In a few more years we may very well be talking about Nicholas Pooran as the greatest WI talent since Lara. If not already!

Been a lot of very good ODI players that haven't been successfull in test cricket. Yurav , Bairstow, Roy, Bevan are a few that come to mind.

Very true but of that list I would say that only Yuvraj looked like a test player - classic technique, pure shots all around the wicket etc. hope is the same he LOOKS like a test cricketer

That was an elite over by Lakmal to Bonner there. Great piece of fast bowling.

Mayers as a number 4 looks like a tail ender the way he is batting. Looking forward to waking up to him scoring a ton now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back