Mod. Notice SRP POSTING QUALITY NOTICE - Off Season 2018

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
The level of discourse in the SRP has taken a noticeable turn for the worse lately, and in anticipation of a long off-season where the SRP gets more attention to fill the football void, we want to make it very clear what the posting standards are.

The Rules - Read them.

If you haven't read them (or haven't in a while), check the SRP Board rules here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/srp-board-rules-updated-29-dec-17-must-read.1184367/
Again, the ultimate aim of moderation on this board is to facilitate appropriate civil discourse.

Little Leeway Given

Therefore, over the next several months (or as required), very little leeway will be given to those who want to consistently attack posters, get personal in their abuse, avoid talking about a topic and go straight for ad hom attacks, or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves to the point of derailing threads. The response to this behaviour will be straight up thread bans with further infractions for serious issues.

The short of it is: if you can't discuss the issue in a civil manner, you'll have the ability to post in a thread removed.

Discuss Issues Sincerely

You shouldn't be here for a shitfight, and being partisan hack is for the mindless. You SHOULD be here to discuss or argue issues with an open disposition, and perhaps even (God forbid) being open to learning something.

I will leave this thread open for any feedback or questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Why was my post deleted as a "good example" for this thread?

The posts calling out moderation and admin are all OK though?.
Satire / tongue in cheek joke vs exactly the ad hom posting I was talking about. There's a difference. Maybe we see them differently, but mods make the final call.

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Are there any forums frequented mainly by Australians for discussion of political and societal issues where a bit of fun can be had? Would the bigfooty admins or mods like to recommend any?

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Play god with their personal prejudices.
3oz8xHQlKq9NkkmcoM.gif

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been meaning to chat to you about this. You're the quintessential centrist, sir. On nearly every issue your opinion is that both sides have merit.

...There's simply no room on SRP for this kind of reasonable attitude. You were recruited as the conservative mod to balance out some of the cuckery. I encourage you to channel that inner mongrel!

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I've been meaning to chat to you about this. You're the quintessential centrist, sir. On nearly every issue your opinion is that both sides have merit.

...There's simply no room on SRP for this kind of reasonable attitude. You were recruited as the conservative mod to balance out some of the cuckery. I encourage you to channel that inner mongrel!
I thought I was conservative.

In hindsight, I just hate the identity politicking collectivist nutters. It's not right-wing, but they will call you that.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought I was conservative.

In hindsight, I just hate the identity politicking collectivist nutters. It's not right-wing, but they will call you that.
You're semi-conservative. You're quasi-conservative. You're the margarine of conservatism. You're the Diet Coke of conservatism, just one calorie, not conservative enough!

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok ShanDog , something's gotta be done about these thread bans. I knew a tidy up would occur in the 30% thread when you knocked off work today, but a ban until late January? Quite excessive, when the only insult I used was "snowflake". Also the month long ban from the TDS thread... even Chief only gives me week long bans. That thread is my home!

Being completely serious, what defines a personal insult? Literally every thread has personal attacks of some nature. When I do it it's always of the tongue-in-cheek, bantery variety. Which never used to be a problem.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
The Left abusing others on the right getting away with murder while instant bans for other posters. What’s up?
Pipe down Lebbo, you've no idea how many temp threadbans have been made or who they've been given to. This is exactly the sort of partisan horsepiss I've had enough of.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Ok ShanDog , something's gotta be done about these thread bans. I knew a tidy up would occur in the 30% thread when you knocked off work today, but a ban until late January? Quite excessive, when the only insult I used was "snowflake". Also the month long ban from the TDS thread... even Chief only gives me week long bans. That thread is my home!

Being completely serious, what defines a personal insult? Literally every thread has personal attacks of some nature. When I do it it's always of the tongue-in-cheek, bantery variety. Which never used to be a problem.
Banter is a friendly exchange between people who understand that. Baiting is what you did, and it results in a downward spiral of BS where everyone ends up at risk of copping a whack. That's why.

I am sure you can find something to do for four weeks away from the Trump thread. As long as it's not more baiting. And three months is long enough for the other thread to either continue or die a natural death without being locked because of the rubbish. If it's still around after that, go to town in there again. Without baiting, of course.

I'm not going to enable continued flame wars between posters. I'm also not going to spend an hour a day deleted posts. Not unless Chief starts paying me.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Baiting is what you did, and it results in a downward spiral of BS where everyone ends up at risk of copping a whack. That's why.

The AFL board would seize up in a day if this rule was properly applied in that forum.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Would we be worse off?

Yes, the streets would be overflowing with morons poking each other, then running away and snitching.

The AFL board provides a valuable public service.

Back