Mod. Notice SRP POSTING QUALITY NOTICE - Off Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Contrary to what tweedle dee thinks, it wasn't a criticism. It was an observation. They've been championing "more right wing" on this board for ages. One less thing for them to whinge about.
But I think this is a case of other posters choosing to not wade into the s**t that some threads become, rather than a policy.

You can try to be dismissive because you think I am saying something other than what I am actually saying, that's par for the course. Duplicity.
Did you achieve what you set out to achieve, as outlined in the OP?
That's not why I'm dismissive of you.

I think the overall quality of posting has been much higher since the board rules were re-written. We've seen off several posters who couldn't stick to them, even as simplified as they are. Mod intervention seems to be required with less frequency. Bans are happening with less frequency. Sometimes there are even a couple of days between reports now. From where I sit, the level of vitriol and thread derailing into personal shitfights has dropped off and the quality of discussion can actually reach decent levels. All this in spite of the continued existence of the odd poster who seemingly just wants to bait everyone they disagree with into a ban.

So yeah - things aren't tracking too badly. Feel free to contribute to this by starting engaging and thought-provoking threads, and likewise engaging in thoughtful and good-faith discussion regardless of who doesn't.

People who cry about ad hominem are mentally weak. This isn't a 17th century French salon during the Enlightenment, where calling someone a moron is impolite and fallacious. This is the internet, and you are most likely a moron. Take it in your stride, moron.

I have a request for a rule change Mr. ShanDog: no more posts that are just an embedded vid or a link, with no text. I think it would improve the forum if people gave even a single sentence summary of what it is that they are sharing. A lot of people have posted that they don't bother watching YT vids that are spammed without explanation.

Open to the thoughts of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a request for a rule change Mr. ShanDog: no more posts that are just an embedded vid or a link, with no text. I think it would improve the forum if people gave even a single sentence summary of what it is that they are sharing. A lot of people have posted that they don't bother watching YT vids that are spammed without explanation.

Open to the thoughts of others.
This is generally discouraged. If it's been happening more frequently I'll be on the lookout for it. A pic or video can speak for itself often, but if it's spam, the whole of an OP or generally too vague without context, we'll generally get rid of it. Hard to tell sometimes because I don't watch most of the videos people post unless they are of interest to me or there's an explanation of what's going on. Which is why people should do that...

I think the rules need to be updated to reflect the current system. I'm going to post in relation to the new system.

Hello CM86, what is the new system?

Don't get salty because I've exposed you. Dickhead.
#newsystem
You could just ask for a board ban and save us the trouble of going through the process where I delete your posts, you escalate until I give you points, then you PM chief and I saying "but I'm just doing what everyone else does!!!111" and we say "don't care" and you stay suspended.

Up to you though.

The level of discourse in the SRP has taken a noticeable turn for the worse lately, and in anticipation of a long off-season where the SRP gets more attention to fill the football void, we want to make it very clear what the posting standards are.

The Rules - Read them.

If you haven't read them (or haven't in a while), check the SRP Board rules here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/srp-board-rules-updated-29-dec-17-must-read.1184367/
Again, the ultimate aim of moderation on this board is to facilitate appropriate civil discourse.

Little Leeway Given

Therefore, over the next several months (or as required), very little leeway will be given to those who want to consistently attack posters, get personal in their abuse, avoid talking about a topic and go straight for ad hom attacks, or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves to the point of derailing threads. The response to this behaviour will be straight up thread bans with further infractions for serious issues.

The short of it is: if you can't discuss the issue in a civil manner, you'll have the ability to post in a thread removed.

Discuss Issues Sincerely

You shouldn't be here for a shitfight, and being partisan hack is for the mindless. You SHOULD be here to discuss or argue issues with an open disposition, and perhaps even (God forbid) being open to learning something.

I will leave this thread open for any feedback or questions.
The art of debating issues as an enjoyable intellectual exercise is increasingly becoming quaint due to the PC hive mind of group-think, inculcated in the younger generation by the cultural Marxists who run the madrassas of academe, whereby any contrary view is considered to be a theocratic heresy and an existential threat.

This has stifled any intellectual curiosity in seeking out opposing views in order to learn/test your own - and indeed, those who do so can be accused of hate speech by the glass-jawed snowflakes who are triggered into retreating further into their warm little bubble of kumbaya.

Sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back