SSP Final Spot?

Who should get the last rookie spot?

• Mykelti Lefau

• Mitch Schofield

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get the Towner comparison but even that is a stretch hey, Towner was a natural footballer, great in the air etc, the only reason he didnt make it was his lack of speed.

Lefau isnt a natural footballer, not great in the air despite a great leap and being KP height, he does have speed though.

I would like someone to show me a VFL footballer over 25 who didnt play elite VFL football that made it in the AFL? I cant think of any.
tyler young

We’ve been interested in Nathan freeman before … is he still playing high level football?

Young made Gibcus look useless at VFL level when they played in the same backline. Firmly believe we burned Gibcus gifting him so many games in the AFL.
Bit of an exaggeration 'useless' because Gibcus wasn't even useless at AFL level, you can see his class. Young is 24 and Gibcus coming out of school boy footy. And yes he was gifted ganes, that is what happens with top 10 picks, they all get gifted games to fast track them, part of the reason why nobody knows anything much about our young players, we don't get many top 10 picks.

would be a dumb move

just give it to the samoan kid
Mate of mine helped coach Lefau through the Junior ranks. Reckons his upside is massive and if/when he gets the basics 100% nailed and is given a bit more freedom will do some freakish x factor s**t.

Bookmark and quote this in 2 to 3 years.

Mate of mine helped coach Lefau through the Junior ranks. Reckons his upside is massive and if/when he gets the basics 100% nailed and is given a bit more freedom will do some freakish x factor s**t.

inb4 they give it to the other bloke

Huge insight from your mate. Didn't we all already know that? 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both players showed something.

Lefau reminds me a bit of of Noah Balta with his size, speed and athleticism. His defensive efforts were great.

Schofield took some nice grabs and had some chances at goal but looks more like a typical forward. Though his lack of afro was off-putting.

I thought Mykelti had the better day overall but it wasn't a blow out.

Both have their strengths but just now mykelti looks like he can bring something a bit different with physicality. He is a unit I watched him warm up close and you would not want him charging at you !
The one that I will watch closely is Archie May I have wraps on him.

Back