St. George Illawarra Dragons

Remove this Banner Ad

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
New season but same old problems. Will Hook survive? What's the issues with our recruitment? Who are the next youngsters to step up?

Imo this should be considered a development year getting more experience into our youngsters and formulating a team game style. I don't think we'll see major player movement until we get a new coach (assuming hook will go).

Excited to see how Sloan, Feagai, Sullivan, Lomax and Suli perform.

I think a 12-17th finish is expected for us but I hope I'm wrong.

Well we still suck lol. Soo many issues, where do I start? Defence was deplorable, especially through the middle. Attack looked pedestrian with Hunt our only hope. Sullivan had some nice moments, hope he can remain injury free. Sloan was shattered, feel for him. I hope we back him in, hard for the youngsters to gain confidence with such a mediocre middle. Hook imo has lost the playing group, the sooner we cut him loose the better. It's just a dark cloud hanging over the team.

And now maybe the embers of something...

Far out, bloody Musgrove. I can't believe we recruited him, such a s**t culture guy. We already have a culture problem then you add this bloke who clearly has a problem with alcohol. Rava is an idiot for getting caught up with him too. We've recruited soo many duds.

If we win tonight I won't be so depressed to be a dragon.

But not looking forward to when most of our list are out of contract. I don't think getting a new coach will make too much difference in the short term. I think we are in for a few years more of pain.

Last edited:
Nathan Brown?
The media are reporting Jason Ryles.

Apparently we wanted Bellamy, along with everyone else, but he already committed to the Storms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to my first ever game at Kogarah next weekend.
I've only ever seen them live when they play storms in Melbourne

I've always thought I'd love to go WIN Stadium, or Leichhardt Oval, or Mt Smart. But Oz/NZ is a zillion miles way, and that flight... Once I flew to Delhi and back, and I said, never again. And that's only what, two-thirds of the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back