St George-Illawarra

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
I dont see a Dragons thread. What no supporters here? I have been a Dragons diehard almost all my life.. thru the good and bad. From their world record premiership winning era to selling the famous club's soul in 1999, followed since by many lean years when we had the club's worst boss Peter Doust running the show. Then there was the ludicrous waste of money buying Ben Hunt long term and sacking Mary McGregor...

When Griffin came to the club with a big reputation.. bringing a few former Broncos with him to join those already here, we tragics hoped things would improve. No such luck. Much of the same.. inconsistency and disappointment. Probably a pipe dream as it is not financially viable, but I'd give anything for us to be back as the St George Dragons.

Last edited:
I dont see a Dragons thread. What no supporters here? I have been a Dragons diehard almost all my life.. thru the good and bad. From their world record premiership winning era to selling the famous club's soul in 1999, followed since by many lean years when we had the club's worst boss Peter Doust running the show. Then there was the ludicrous waste of money buying Ben Hunt long term and sacking Mary McGregor...

When Griffin came to the club with a big reputation.. bringing a few former Broncos with him to join those already here, we tragics hoped things would improve. No such luck. Much of the same.. inconsistency and disappointment. Probably a pipe dream as it is not financially viable, but I'd give anything for us to be back as the St George Dragons.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/st-george-illawarra.82080/

Aucklander

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I have been a Dragons diehard since I was knee hi to a grasshopper.. about 9 at boarding school in fact. While some change clubs for whatever reason I have always stuck with the Dragons thru thick and thin.. good and bad. From their world record premiership winning era that ended because the rules were changed to selling the famous club's soul in 1999, followed since by many lean years when we had the club's worst boss Peter Doust running the show. Then there was the ludicrous waste of money buying Ben Hunt long term and sacking Mary McGregor...

Last edited:

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
If I had one criticism of Mary it was not to promote our next gens. Zac Lomax and Cody Ramsay are about the only ones that come to mind... and they were rather late in Mary's tenure. Griffin on the other hand has already given several promising players in Jayden Sullivan, Tyrell Sloan, Tyran Wishart, Talatau Amone, Daniel Alvaro, Kaide Ellis, Poasa Faamausili, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Tyrell Fuimaono a crack in pre season trial games. Ramsay is now a regular Max Feagai has already debuted while it was turn of Sloan last match. The Dragons need to find a way to keep these juniors from being poached by other clubs.

Last edited:

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
A good come from behind win against the Raiders last week. Finishing games has been one of the Dragon's downsides this season.. so to roll over Canberra in the second stanza was very gratifying. A good debut by teen Tyrell Sloan and for once Ben Hunt actually earned his obscene pay packet. Both he and Norman orchestrated things nicely around the rucks. Not sure why Freddie jettisoned Paul Vaughan from the Blues. This bloke has been one of our most consistent forwards since he came to the club. Awaiting the day when Jack de Belin is fully match fit and back to his damaging best.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
It's not surprising if that's the culture of the club that they haven't experienced any success recently.

Back