Club Focus St Kilda 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I think that's the key point. Both of them were substantially over paid and had plateaud below expectations.
StKilda needed to straighten up their list and these 2 guys fell outside of that.
Dow and Henry might have less talent but they're younger, cheaper and fit needs better.
On the surface it was a fairly unspectacular trade season for StKilda, but it's been a stellar period for housekeeping. There'll be a LOT of money to throw around from next year.

Yeah you get the feeling with JB going late for not much we've got plans to make a decent offer for an RFA or uncontracted player next year.

I liked what we did. Going to be very weird seeing gresh and jb in different colours next year but likely the right move. And I think Dow in particular will prove to be a pretty valuable pickup.

I'm curious to see where Henry fits in. In interviews with himself, SOS and Misson they've mentioned everything from half back to in the guts/wing to half forward. Might be a slower year for him if he's playing a different role to what he was the last few months with freo. (Half back?)

Yeah you get the feeling with JB going late for not much we've got plans to make a decent offer for an RFA or uncontracted player next year.

I liked what we did. Going to be very weird seeing gresh and jb in different colours next year but likely the right move. And I think Dow in particular will prove to be a pretty valuable pickup.

I'm curious to see where Henry fits in. In interviews with himself, SOS and Misson they've mentioned everything from half back to in the guts/wing to half forward. Might be a slower year for him if he's playing a different role to what he was the last few months with freo. (Half back?)
I feel the same about all that, but I'm honestly not fussed with losing Gresh and JB. Henry will be a good pick up even if they don't yet know what to do eith him yet.

It's just good to see things running properly again.
Ratts and Gags cop a lot of stick but they were far far better than Richo and Trout and this shows how far the club's come in the last 4 years.
You only have to look at the contract status sheet at the top of this thread to see how much better shape things are in.
Next year Membrey, Allison, Ross, Paton and Doogs all OOC. There'll be another 500k savings there even keeping most of them.

SOS did well to get us back into the second round of next year's draft for essentially nothing by trading one spot up with GWS.

We will end up with 4 picks in this year's draft (3 in the top 35) and a full draft hand next year (Plus an extra 3rd rounder)

Yet to be seen how our picks will go but we've done well in with the value we have brought in for not much.

Last edited:
Saints dodged a bullet with Dylan Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back