St Kilda can win the Premiership in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo will retire and isn't really a forward anymore.

Members will play more through the middle.

Joey will eventually go. We probably need a good pair of rebound defenders.

Jake agile for his size.

Not ready to use the dogs as the modern day blueprint. They did well to win it bit still reckon that GWS will be the team to beat.

Not saying we're the blueprint. We use our midfielders to mask a weaker key position backline and forward line setup.

What i'm saying is its a game of matchups.

Sydney monstered Adelaide and Geelong. Look at Geelong and Adelaide's backlines and forward lines. Geelong in particular, far far too top heavy. They got strangled particularly early both times. And so then you start thinking that midfields aren't up to it when the case may actually be that you might just need more midfielders that can actually be at the contest, or run and carry, tackle and harass through the middile. Even a small thing as holding a player up on the mark buys valuable time for backlines to setup.

I thought Bevo was smart, but Cloke...
I thought Boyd against WC and GWS was working well because he meant they could kick it towards him and he could spill it for the smaller guys. Ideally they have him as a ruckman who can rest forward. Cloke can just park there.

Yes, we can win the premiership in 2017

*bookmarked in case it happens ;)

I think you need to have played finals for at least one year, before thinking winning a premiership, but the Saints are certainly on the right path.

I think you need to have played finals for at least one year, before thinking winning a premiership, but the Saints are certainly on the right path.

Maybe , but you don't go in with that attitude.
If you get a chance, you get the boys pumped and go as hard as you can.

My Expectations - Barring injuries.

Delaney/Lee -> Brown Large Improvement
Fisher -> Carlisle Improvement.
Roberton-> 25YO - Possible Improvement
Dempster ->32 - Possible slight degradation
Geary - -28YO - No Change
Montagna - Possible slight degradation.

Armitage-> unless he's shot. Improvement
Steven -> No Change
Ross -> Incremental Improvement
Acres-> Improvement in line with his last few games.
Hickey-> Incremental Improvement.
Riewoldt -> Possible slight degradation.

Bruce -> Incremental/Slight Improvement
Membrey -Incremental Improvement
McCartin -> Significant Improvement.
Billings -> Significant Improvement
Gresham -> Expected Improvement but 2nd year blues are possible.
Weller -> Incremental Improvement.

Savage - Possible incremental Improvement.
Gilbert -> Steele = Improvement.
Minchington/Wright -> Stevens = Improvement
Newnes - Incremental Improvement

Then :
Dunstan: s**t! couldn't fit him in. With Steele and Stevens , Dunstan needs to improve past the level he's been at for the last three years.
Webster: Damn - the Zebs will be on fire next year , put money on them.
Templeton,Minchington, Wright Sinclair, Mackenzie, continue to improve their VFL game and to try to make an impact at AFL level should the opportunity arise.
Lee : Valuable Depth .
Freeman : work on getting some games together , then worry about whether he makes the 22.
Lonie : probably our only real "small forward" we need him to make more impact when he gets the opportunity.
Longer, get his body right and get some consistency in his VFL performances.
Pierce and Holmes - Continue to improve their games.
Gilbert. - Seems to be cooked before his time.
Goddard - Get some consistent performances under his hat. Pressure is off for now, unless one of Brown or Carlisle is injured.
White/Rice - Got some work to do now. It would be good if we could get games into them, but how?

In his farewell video Sam Fisher mentions us "doing a Doggies" and winning the flag next year. Onya Fish!

After our trade period and securing two first round picks for 2017 draft, it'll be around 2019-2020 that our team really hits its straps. However, who's not to say we can't do a Hawks 08 in 2017?

Giants were a red hot chance this year, I certainly don't think it's impossible... maybe the same odds as winning it from 7th...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back