St. Kilda Excuse Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

dalsanto26

Debutant
May 10, 2005
Other Teams
St Kilda
Re: Carlton Vs Geelong

geelong is playing above their potential at the moment. Their win against St Kilda was only because of the injuries that the saints sustained. There is no doubt that the cats are a good team, but no where good enough to win the premiership. They will struggle against a team that has a tall foward line, maybe not Carlton, but any decent top 8 team

dalsanto26 said:
geelong is playing above their potential at the moment. Their win against St Kilda was only because of the injuries that the saints sustained. There is no doubt that the cats are a good team, but no where good enough to win the premiership. They will struggle against a team that has a tall foward line, maybe not Carlton, but any decent top 8 team

"But we didnt have Gherig, and Hamill didnt play"

If we arent good enough to win a premiership, and we...WE, beat YOU. Where does that put you?

dalsanto26 said:
geelong is playing above their potential at the moment.

I know you're only a newbie, but seriously, do you realise how incredibly stupid such a statement is?

Given potential is the optimal level one can reach, how could one possibly play above their potential?

If we arent good enough to win a premiership, and we...WE, beat YOU. Where does that put you?[/QUOTE]

the only reason u beat us was because of jones, koshizthke and harvey all becoming injured, forcing us to play with only 19, and no second tall. Our full team vs ur full team in rd 19 we will murder you.

Please, missing a few players does not cause an 8 goal capitulation. Great teams can win games when they don't play their best, when they are not at full strength.... Geelong proved that on the weekend (not playing particularly well) and St Kilda failed. Get over it.

Stu

dalsanto26 said:
the only reason u beat us was because of jones, koshizthke and harvey all becoming injured, forcing us to play with only 19, and no second tall. Our full team vs ur full team in rd 19 we will murder you.

Yeah that's right, your guys were injured... you had forwards out.... you're much better than us...... even Bomber Thompson agrees....the premiership is yours fall the taking..... Please stop resisting Geelong, its all a fait complet :rolleyes:

dalsanto26 said:

You mean to say the mighty St.Kilda had 18 fit players on the park and couldnt beat Geelong. Well I suppose Geelong has never had an injury before ever and didnt during the game, how silly of me. The Newbie has my number.

nananana catman said:
You mean to say the mighty St.Kilda had 18 fit players on the park and couldnt beat Geelong.

Lets take out from geelong who the saints had out

Penny:Scarlett
Riewoldt:Ottens
Harvey:Kelly
Jones:Milburn
Koschitzke:Kingsley

Different team hey? and anyway, even bomber thompson admitted we had injuries. (whether his comment about us winning was PR...)

dalsanto26 said:

Different team hey? and anyway, even bomber thompson admitted we had injuries. (whether his comment about us winning was PR...)
Kosi played 3 and a half qtrs

Scarlett is ******** loads better then penny

Riewoldt is ********* better than ottens
Jones is************* better than Milburn
get over the deatils fact is, take out your equilavent of who we had out and geelong is an entirely different team. and i didn't even talk about gehrig or hamill

dalsanto26 said:
That basically ruins your whole argument.

And to be honest i could give a flying ******** who you had out. We have 4 premiership points and sit above you on the ladder

dalsanto26 said:
big deal. round 8. come back round 20 then we can talk
Big deal huh? Some teams have missed finals by 2 premiership points. Ill take them whenever we can... Less times we have to win later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dalsanto26 said:

My gosh, in the game I saw Riewoldt, Harvey, Koshictzke and Jones all played.
Penny couldnt hold a candle to the guy who holds a candle to Matty Scarlett. You'd better think quick, you are digging quite the hole and i dont think digging deper is the quickest way to get out. How about you call it a night?

harvey/jones/penny all played for a maximum one half. change riewoldt for gehrig, it doesn't matter. and again, i hardly think ottens "holds a candle" near gehrig.

dalsanto26 said:
Riewoldt is ********* better than ottens
get over the deatils fact is, take out your equilavent of who we had out and geelong is an entirely different team. and i didn't even talk about gehrig or hamill

Oh no! the trump card!

dalsanto26 said:
harvey/jones/penny all played for a maximum one half. change riewoldt for gehrig, it doesn't matter. and again, i hardly think ottens "holds a candle" near gehrig.
Isnt it bed time yet

dalsanto26 said:

Nor do I, nor am I the one making biased comparisons.

How many times can one get dispatched to the boundary before going into hiding?

dalsanto26 said:

Ottens is a ruck/forward, Kingsley is our FF. When was the last time you saw Gherig ruck?

For StKilda to lose Gherig and Penny is like the Cats losing Scarlett and Kingsley, Gherig's a star FF and Penny's an average FB, Scarlett is a star FB and Kingsley is an average FF. Considering Scarlett didn't really do much on the weekend, I don't think him missing would have made a huge difference to the outcome. We would've missed Kingsley and his 3 goals, but we could've had a goal or 2 from replacements in Mackie or Haynes. Hamill was missing, but so was Johnson for Geelong. The game was already lost when Kositzcke went off, so that doesn't really count. Jones and Havery only played a quarter or so (Jones went off in the first, Harvey in the second if I recall), and we lost Chapman early in the third (?). So in reality the Saints wouldn't have been much better had they been at full strength, not to mention the goals gained from umpires in the second.

Thrawn said:
I thought this thread was about Carlton vs Geelong this Friday night, not St. Kilda vs Geelong. :confused:

Its always about Geelong and St.Kilda. If we are talking friday, we are talking real danger game for Geelong. I think, and hope this Geelong side is not like the ones of yesteryears who would lose this.

Thrawn said:
I thought this thread was about Carlton vs Geelong this Friday night, not St. Kilda vs Geelong. :confused:

Better?

dalsanto26 has his/her own thread, whilst discussion of this weeks game can be had right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back