Resource St.Kilda FC Review: End of Season & 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps get (pay) someone like Tex Perkins to write a Saints themed song (I know there's a performance on the site of when the Saint's Go Marching In)... I'm more thinking a song which represents the 2010's Saint Kilda would be rather cool to go along with the older club songs?

Perhaps hold a band contest... new St Kilda/Moorabin etc. young artists compose songs celebrating the football club... Have members vote on the best one and play it at Home matches?

Some more rewards for long-term existing members. Often the chances for rewards and prizes are given as an incentive for new members to sign up (which I completely understand), however I believe a focus on membership retention by making them feel equally valued and considered is important too.

Some more rewards for long-term existing members. Often the chances for rewards and prizes are given as an incentive for new members to sign up (which I completely understand), however I believe a focus on membership retention by making them feel equally valued and considered is important too.
1% discount on membership for each consecutive year of membership. 10 years equals 10%, 50 years equals half price?

What about something like before every home game a few random members get picked out as they walk into the ground. They then get to go into the rooms after the game. It can be shown on the big screens. The reactions would be as cool as.

You see all the "priveliged" people in there week in week out, but for a lifelong Saint who has no ins to the club an experience like that would be priceless.

Hire Barrels as a consultant for the media team. Reckon he's a funny lad. Or at least give him Twitter access from time to time.
'Lad' is an extraordinarily generous description...

What about something like before every home game a few random members get picked out as they walk into the ground. They then get to go into the rooms after the game. It can be shown on the big screens. The reactions would be as cool as.

You see all the "priveliged" people in there week in week out, but for a lifelong Saint who has no ins to the club an experience like that would be priceless.

That's a great idea!
To ensure they are actually members the club can randomly select maybe 5 membership numbers from those scanned in at the game and flash them up on the screen at half time inviting each member and say one other person with them down to the rooms after the game. It would also make half time pretty exciting, and wouldn't cost the club a cent to do.

You'd need to brief the member before last thing players want is to hear from Rors types:D on why they lost or what could of done or how the umps did this.
Maybe a couple junior members and parents but after hours of extreme effort i feel like the rooms are the players space

You'd need to brief the member before last thing players want is to hear from Rors types:D on why they lost or what could of done or how the umps did this.
Maybe a couple junior members and parents but after hours of extreme effort i feel like the rooms are the players space

It's OK. Rors knows exactly what he'd be told to do! :)

I know what you're saying, but even just to be a small part of it from a distance would be pretty cool.

It's OK. Rors knows exactly what he'd be told to do! :)

I know what you're saying, but even just to be a small part of it from a distance would be pretty cool.
That would be awesome. The look on Nick's face when I tell him to 'get f***ed' would be priceless :D

Everybody should have an individual music clip that plays when they goal.
Not a bad idea because it might end up being just as f***ing annoying for opposition supporters as that stupid "Doggies doggies doggies Woof Woof Woof" was for everyone after they kicked a goal.

Simple one but one I think is highly effective at retention and I've seen the hawks do it well.

Give members the option to have their years of consecutive membership added to their scarfs.

I get we have pins but I think scarves are things people wear to games.

I think I'm on 15 years and I'd love to "show off" my saints pride at games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple one but one I think is highly effective at retention and I've seen the hawks do it well.

Give members the option to have their years of consecutive membership added to their scarfs.

I get we have pins but I think scarves are things people wear to games.

I think I'm on 15 years and I'd love to "show off" my saints pride at games.

The pin bit feel off my 17 year badge, thanks to superglue it's functional again, but the scarf mod would be nice

This sounds great

It's just a small thing but I went to every home game last year and I think I only heard them on one occasion (I may be mistaken) play "The Saints are coming."
I think it's the perfect lead up to just before the team runs out as the volume increases and the excitement builds, leading into the team song.

And please...it's time to drop the Knock, Knock thing.
I don't mind the slow build up of "Oh when the Saints..." But it would be great if we could somehow get the crowd to join in with the recorded version.
This!

I wish there was an AFL equivalent of a tail gate...

Also why don't we get the local high schools involved with the cheer squad. They build the banner get free tickets etc. Cycle the schools.
saw this --
Former Saint anoints next St Kilda skipper
Ben Pahor
-
December 2, 2016 - 12:13 pm

Former St Kilda player Farren Ray believes there is a clear favourite to take over the captaincy in 2017.

Speaking on EON Sports Radio on Friday, Ray, who played 123 games for the Saints, said Jarryn Geary would be a fantastic choice as captain of the club, following Nick Riewoldt’s decision to step down from the role.

I really want Newnes - Geary - might be battling to keep his spot in the side - if the young guys fire

saw this --
Ben Pahor
-

Former St Kilda player Farren Ray believes there is a clear favourite to take over the captaincy in 2017.

Speaking on EON Sports Radio on Friday, Ray, who played 123 games for the Saints, said Jarryn Geary would be a fantastic choice as captain of the club, following Nick Riewoldt’s decision to step down from the role.

I really want Newnes - Geary - might be battling to keep his spot in the side - if the young guys fire
Lol he just came 2nd in the bnf

saw this --
Ben Pahor
-

Geary won't be losing his spot to anyone.

And please...it's time to drop the Knock, Knock thing.
I don't mind the slow build up of "Oh when the Saints..." But it would be great if we could somehow get the crowd to join in with the recorded version.
Seconded. I love the chant and wish it would come natural but the "Knock knock" thing is absolutely confusing and completely unneeded.

Whoever came up with it seems to have no idea how to actually entice people to do this. Firstly you need to actually TELL people what is going on, not just assume that they are going to pick up on it. Social media that s**t. Let people know that the chant is here to stay and to embrace it. If you build it (up) they will come.

That canned cheering needs to go, ASAP. Absolutely plastic. As others have said drop the knock knock. Would be really really great to have more highlights on YouTube - the media player used by the AFL and its clubs is no good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back