Resource St.Kilda FC Review: Mid-Season Review - Please READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

i think the pre match song is great just need to get ri of the audio over the speakers. have it driven by the cheer squad

I'm with you guys on more Sandy content definitely. I'll see if we can get that off and running in the next month or so. Obviously you guys would've seen a lot more website content since our last discussion, Matt's execs are open to any kind of change that'll benefit the club/supporters. Some of it is really easy stuff too.

I'm with you guys on more Sandy content definitely. I'll see if we can get that off and running in the next month or so. Obviously you guys would've seen a lot more website content since our last discussion, Matt's execs are open to any kind of change that'll benefit the club/supporters. Some of it is really easy stuff too.

streaming for the win!!! get a couple of budding uni students to do the commentary. tom morris did a pretty good job for the intra club

oh that reminds me, they better start streaming the intraclub or atleast have a full match replay. they regressed in that regard this year, i think in part due to the turn over in the media team

streaming for the win!!! get a couple of budding uni students to do the commentary. tom morris did a pretty good job for the intra club

oh that reminds me, they better start streaming the intraclub or atleast have a full match replay. they regressed in that regard this year, i think in part due to the turn over in the media team
Yep agree with you I think it would be great...I'll let him know!

Pre game entertainment is terrible , maybe run a compition between 3 local pub bands / singers every home game . Voted on by three members of the crowd .
No news on Moorabbin , when, what , how do we help pay for this ?

I think the turnover of media at the start of the year was detrimental. It should be looked at to make sure there is smooth transition.

Why did the digital ambassadors dissappear?

Streaming of vfl games or even transcribing the matches. It cant be that expensive?

Why not employ uni students undertaking media studies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great suggestions lately guys/girls. I'm collating the information from this thread now, got in touch with Matt tonight and he's really looking forward to this.

Still a week left so if there's anything else you'd like to add please do so, will be sending it Sunday evening.

Cheers!!

Right so I've jotted it all down - all your suggestions have been added.

There's a few sections that haven't been discussed - Maybe everything is OK in this regard however if you have anything to add please do so to the following;

1. Community (Local bayside leagues, grassroots footy, school clinics, etc)

2. Moorabbin (Anything regarding the redevelopment and future plans once we've moved)

3. Sponsorships

4. Interstate Supporters (Any membership enquiries, game day enquiries, how to make it a better experience when we travel to your state, etc)

Please also take note that if you have any questions on Moorabbin I can probably answer them for you myself. I've been given a pretty good rundown on the redevelopment. However obviously if I'm unsure I'll add it in.

Thanks again!

OK.. now that there is a bye, here are some of my suggestions:-

Edit:-added photo/highlighted minor change
  • When the draft rolls around in November, please take some photos or just pay Getty Images for good mugshots. It was a total debacle with the photoshopped mugshots last year after the draft (on the senior list page - http://www.saints.com.au/team/players/seniors ). They've fixed it now, but at the start of the year, it was a cause for great mirth. See example
[image]http://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2015/12/202790_aeebcb44ec0ca2f38492fa8cec48fa60.jpg[/image]
  • Opt out option for some of the membership merchandise. Look, the merchandise quality can be a bit up and down. But, sometimes, I'd rather not have some of them. The club can keep it and reduce costs. Alternatively, give me options on 1 to choose from 2-3. I've been getting scarves every year, and now have too many to store. I would rather not have them for next year and let the club save some money. Alternatively, the club can donate them or give them away to someone in need.
  • The sleeves for the membership card can be of better quality? The actual jacket is good, but the hook / loop for the strap on the sleeve gave away.
  • Send all membership material in 1 package. I just don't get why the club likes to post me the membership merchandise in 5 instalments. Just an insane waste of money. 1ce for membership, 1ce for scarf, 1ce for some other little trinket. Just send it all in 1 go and save postage costs. 3 postage cycles saved means ($1 postage + $2 packaging) = $3 saved per member. $3 x 35,000 members means a saving of $105,000!! Feel free to send me 10% of the savings for sending through the idea!!
  • A bit more of a notice when they are doing some street promotions. They did some either last year / earlier this year on Acland St, and I didn't know about them. Only found out coz they were there, as I just happened to go there on the weekend.
  • With the VFL highlight videos, think about the background soundtrack selection

Last edited:
Ok, some more feedback.

I had received the email about the Moorabbin town hall session. Now they sent me a paper postcard as well. Another $35,000 down the drain. The club should offer the option to receive communication letter in online format only (ie opt out of paper comms). For god's sake, email has been around for more than 20 years, with the express purpose of making communication cheaper and faster! The banks have been cutting out paper statements for years, and I have no nostalgic attachments to them. I am sure the club can offer the option to turn off paper mail. They can also turn off sending me the paper copy of the financial statements. I can read online, thanks. Another 35,000+++ saved. Infact, just make all communication online, and send 1 letter out asking people to tick if they DO want it in paper form. Those who don't reply - get automatically put on online only comms list. Send them one final warning letter, and that's it! No more junk in the snail mail!

Also, consider the option of adding a donation opt in on the membership form. The bombers were a little grey when they put in an opt out option of $50 donation to bombers for all members. So, if bomber supporters didn't untick it, they got slugged $50 additional.

Saints can have an opt in option, where someone like me might not want to upgrade and pay $10 additional per month, but would be willing to put in $1/month as a pure donation to the club.

Consider offering upgrade deals on low drawing matches, eg the ones versus Fremantle/brisbane. I might consider upgrading to level 2 on a discounted rate, if I am going to that match.

Last edited:
COMMUNITY
- More notice for supporters before doing street promotions/activities. Some supporters have only found out the club was in Acland St, Luna Park etc simply by being there when it happened.

SOCIAL MEDIA
- There are a few requests for more player personality videos - Tom Hickey did a few, Jack Steven and David Armitage are others. Schneiderman from years gone by was a great little insight to what makes players tick...Ideally we'd like them to focus on their footy but if it could be done, bringing that back in some capacity would be really nice. Could just be a 5 minute video once a week.

- A lot of supporters want (if possible) the club to upload Sandringham games to the website. Player highlights have been great but currently there's nowhere to view the full game that are known of. Live streaming the VFL games were also discussed.

- Live stream of the pre-season intra club game.

- Reinstating the 'Digital Ambassadors' role - again more fan driven involvement.

MEMBERSHIP
- Hawthorn have a members only prize where all members go into a draw and the winner has the opportunity to go down into the change rooms before the game and be a part of the pre-game activities/entertainment, all they have to do to enter is simply become a member. I haven't come across us doing anything like this, would be nice to introduce it for next year if possible.

- From a supporter: "Opt out option for some of the membership merchandise. Look, the merchandise quality can be a bit up and down. But, sometimes, I'd rather not have some of them. The club can keep it and reduce costs. Alternatively, give me options on 1 to choose from 2-3. I've been getting scarves every year, and now have too many to store. I would rather not have them for next year and let the club save some money. Alternatively, the club can donate them or give them away to someone in need."

- Membership option to opt in or out of marketing material & the only reason I suggest this is that it would save on postage costs if members had opted out of receiving mail via post & instead receiving it via e-mail. I'd be pretty sure the club does something like this now however I received an e-mail & letter about the Moorabbin town hall session so thought it may be of interest.

- Adding a 'donation' section to the membership form where members can not only buy their membership but chip in a bit of money to the club as well...ie Moorabbin funding and general club funding too. Couldn't hurt?

- Sending all membership material in one package as opposed to several. Not too sure how this affects the club in terms of postage costs but if you have 40,000 members and are sending out items 2-3 different times then the club could save money in this area by just sending once. Some members may get frustrated having to wait so it could be an option within the membership sign up.

GAME DAY
- Removing the 'Knock Knock' at the beginning of the COYS chant. Not sure how this could be adjusted to notify fans of the chant however.

- Gay pride jumper for Round 21 vs the Swans? Any news on this being discussed?

- Continuing to make our home games feel like genuine home games.

- Showing old Saints games before the bounce at home games? This used to be the norm a few years ago but for whatever reason has stopped.

- Will heritage round ever return? Are you keen on bringing back some classic old guernseys for next year and moving forward?

MERCHANDISE
- Supporters would love to have the opportunity to design a St.Kilda guernsey that the players will wear for some games next year - Possibly NAB Cup games? We see people get involved for the Indigenous rounds along with Hawthorn and West Coast getting their supporters involved over the last few years. Port Adelaide also trialled it a few seasons ago and ended up changing their guernsey permanently. Could be another great way to involve the fans.

POSITIVES & NEGATIVES
- Proud of the club for the respect they showed for Drew Petrie's 300th game.

- Fans enjoying the 'GREAT GOAL, C'MON SAINTS' sign after a goal.

- Some would rather do without the artificial crowd noise after a goal.

- Fans really enjoying the COYS chant. It will take a little bit of time but general consensus is people know about it now. Keep at it!

- One person I've spoken with would like to thank the club and those involved in Game Day/Ticketing for the outstanding job they did in handling an issue at a game earlier in the year in regards to changing seating arrangements to provide a better game day experience moving forward. Wanted to make sure the club knew that those efforts don't go unnoticed.

- Big thumbs up for offering level 1 tickets for a cheaper price/free when there is expected to be a smaller crowd. From the people I have spoken to it provides them with added incentive to go to the game and also bring their friends along as well. For those who don't attend many games during the year, this is a great way to get them along.

- Social media is still one of the best in the league. Thumbs up for the people in charge!

- Seat upgrades into level 2 before the bounce has been appreciated.

- Overall the club has been on fire with the guernseys - Rooey's 300th guernsey was a hit, Indigenous guernsey was great, even the NAB Cup one was nice...and whatever you do don't get rid of the away strip!

^ Just sent that through, will let you know how it goes.

Also just an FYI, there will be one more review that we'll send off to the club at the conclusion of the H&A season. Will post it obviously closer to the date.

Thanks once more for your help, proud to know a bunch of people here who love the Saints just as much as I do.

Thanks for following up on the matters I raised.

I had another flick on saints website.

Here are some answers

WILL I RECEIVE MY MEMBERSHIP CARD AND MEMBERSHIP PACK AT THE SAME TIME?
Membership cards and packs will be mailed separately as we use different providers for each service.

The above response might be valid 5 years ago, when stamps costed 40 cents each. In a $1+ postage cost scenario, the separation doesn't make financial sense anymore. The website does say that if members stay in the same house, then they will get all their mail in the same envelope.

- Membership option to opt in or out of marketing material & the only reason I suggest this is that it would save on postage costs if members had opted out of receiving mail via post & instead receiving it via e-mail. I'd be pretty sure the club does something like this now however I received an e-mail & letter about the Moorabbin town hall session so thought it may be of interest.

I also logged on the "My saints" account on the saints website. No option there which allows one to turn off physical snail mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back