Resource St.Kilda FC Review: Rounds 1-4 - Please READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but I never said there wasn't stuff out there, I said compared to last year smartarse. I'm actually going ignore the fact half the links you posted aren't official St.Kilda FC run sites. We had massive exposure with our membership drive, signing all the young players ect which created a massive buzz.
This year there has been a lot less. The fact they haven't even updated the injury list from September is pretty pathetic.
Chill winstaan... they've had a change of personnel but they are punching out a tonne of material to keep the masses at bay. I think the whole Rooey thing was pretty hyped dont you reckon? Look if that's not enough maybe you could asked them to sign a bunch of players just for the hell of it.. and maybe ask them to win some games while they are at it.. That will create a massive buzz. One thing this they def dont have is Schneider man... Some people might have liked that... I guess you could get another player to interview another player so some fans could get there kicks.

Go Saints.

PS 5/8 are legit saints run sites... the other 3 were just extras to keep up your daily dose buddy and fill in the void of not constantly signing players.
PPS yes, update the injury list GJD23 - i hope Spencer white's leg is OK

As a saint fan living interstate 4000km away, id have no idea. Just think its worth reassessing our club culture and improving it year on year. I'm sure they are already trying to do this.

Theres also a great training complex (Michael long centre) up in Darwin that might be worth visiting in the off-season for heat training.
Well our culture WAS poor. That thing on Open Mike was talking about culture at the club through the Grand Final years. I reckon we got our acts together once Grant Thomas came on board and we climbed the ladder in 03/04. The people in charge these days have a clear transparent direction of where they want the club to go and I've got no concerns over the current management. In the 90's we were horrible and the 80's even worse, but this is a different club now. But yeah you are right they are improving it year on year, it's evident the club as a whole has improved dramatically in the last decade, we've been much more consistent on field and had great success over the last 12-13 years without winning the ultimate.

Chill winstaan... they've had a change of personnel but they are punching out a tonne of material to keep the masses at bay. I think the whole Rooey thing was pretty hyped dont you reckon? Look if that's not enough maybe you could asked them to sign a bunch of players just for the hell of it.. and maybe ask them to win some games while they are at it.. That will create a massive buzz. One thing this they def dont have is Schneider man... Some people might have liked that... I guess you could get another player to interview another player so some fans could get there kicks.

Go Saints.

PS 5/8 are legit saints run sites... the other 3 were just extras to keep up your daily dose buddy and fill in the void of not constantly signing players.
Where's this injury list you speak of? Got a link?

I'm not on easy pay, I requested a booklet so that I could choose my package, I got nothing the first year (confirmation email that I was not on the easy pay as my request) and this year I got a confirmation slip of my GA membership.

What they've done is basically auto renew all the things, easy pay or not, as mien is set up for a lump sum payment.
Would you like me to get the membership guys to give you a call?

Go Saints.

LOL. Ignore.

Would you like me to get the membership guys to give you a call?

I'd like the ability to cancel my current invoice so I can then renew under my Saints account, it's a simple thing, or a flyer that allows me to change which membership I can grab, also easy since they have my postal and email addy on file.

I work in a call centre, 8 to 4, Monday to Friday, I'm indisposed 7am to 5:30ish and this is being typed with 1 hand as the other is holding a pie, and I can't use my personal whilst at work. hence the request to ask why I can't spend this 40min lunch break cancelling my invoice and then spending an extra 2-300k on a better membership. It's dumbfounding to me that the club has to contact me to do anything with my own money.

I'd like the ability to cancel my current invoice so I can then renew under my Saints account, it's a simple thing, or a flyer that allows me to change which membership I can grab, also easy since they have my postal and email addy on file.

I work in a call centre, 8 to 4, Monday to Friday, I'm indisposed 7am to 5:30ish and this is being typed with 1 hand as the other is holding a pie, and I can't use my personal whilst at work. hence the request to ask why I can't spend this 40min lunch break cancelling my invoice and then spending an extra 2-300k on a better membership. It's dumbfounding to me that the club has to contact me to do anything with my own money.
Well if there's anything I can do apart from forwarding onto the club on April 17 then let me know. I'm sure the club can facilitate you.

Well if there's anything I can do apart from forwarding onto the club on April 17 then let me know. I'm sure the club can facilitate you.

It'd be more pressing if I intended to use it, at the moment my first chance is late July so I have time on my side. All good, just figured if you're asking questions I'd throw my lot in. :thumbsu:

Tell the club to get rid of that piece of s**t 'selection insider' unless they want to actually tell us something instead of reading the names out.
I'll add it to the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell the club to get rid of that piece of s**t 'selection insider' unless they want to actually tell us something instead of reading the names out.
Agreed. Just go through the changes and an idea of why they were changed or if theres major changes in the position theyre going to play.

Also we need a new player based show now Schneids is gone. Suggesting Tom Lee's Motley Crew ;)

Something that seems fairly trivial, but next year in our membership package could we get an actual bumper sticker? This year we just got a sheet of stickers which aren't any good for use on cars. If the club are trying to save money, just give the junior members sticker sheets and the rest a bumper sticker. I think the bumper stickers are actually kind of useful in membership promotion as well.

Something that seems fairly trivial, but next year in our membership package could we get an actual bumper sticker? This year we just got a sheet of stickers which aren't any good for use on cars. If the club are trying to save money, just give the junior members sticker sheets and the rest a bumper sticker. I think the bumper stickers are actually kind of useful in membership promotion as well.
We did get a bumper sticker?

Hmmm maybe I didn't then... I think I just got a sheet of stickers, none of which were any good for cars. But by all means if others got bumper stickers then discount this.
I had a really long St.Kilda sticker in that sticker pack and used that lol. Forgot if it had '2016 member' on it or not, will have to check.

The Club have to take ownership of the Cheersquad. Its an official arm of the Club. Some squads might be able to be "left to their own devices" and pretty much self govern, but ours sure aint one of them

There's loads of evidence that right now its a cliquey disorganised mess, with zero Social Media promotion and senior members very reticent to change.

Its a very visible part of the Club and needs sorting out

I had a really long St.Kilda sticker in that sticker pack and used that lol. Forgot if it had '2016 member' on it or not, will have to check.
The car stickers are a real annoyance of mine also GJ. I'm on my second one already as the first one I put on my back window disintegrated after a month. And I park in a garage so it's not constantly out in the elements. So I cleaned that off and put on another one from the sticker sheet and that's starting to do the same thing already too.
They look crap also. Too small and the cross on it (and the membership card) looks like I'm a member of a first aid company. We need either our crest or our home jumper design (three stripes) displayed proudly. On a quality sticker that lasts.
Thanks mate.

Edit: couldn't agree more with saint66au's above post. So yes that too.

The car stickers are a real annoyance of mine also GJ. I'm on my second one already as the first one I put on my back window disintegrated after a month. And I park in a garage so it's not constantly out in the elements. So I cleaned that off and put on another one from the sticker sheet and that's starting to do the same thing already too.
They look crap also. Too small and the cross on it (and the membership card) looks like I'm a member of a first aid company. We need either our crest or our home jumper design (three stripes) displayed proudly. On a quality sticker that lasts.
Thanks mate.

Edit: couldn't agree more with saint66au's above post. So yes that too.
Yeah I agree they don't last long!

I'll forward it on for you guys.

Hi GLD,

Thank you for arranging this whole process and please thank Matt Finnis for even looking at and considering our suggestions.

I don't know if the following suggestions are feasible or if there are any legal implications, however in any case have forwarded them for consideration.

MOORABBIN
In order to help the club raise funds for the development members could be given the opportunity to contribute from 2017 as an add on to membership fees by one off payments each year or via Saints Easy Pay. If 10% of our members (say of 40,000 members) contributed $200 per year over 4 years the club would take in $3.2million. Rewards to participating members could be similar to the those recently announced about if we are able to sign up one or more new members, e.g. tour of newly completed Moorabbin facilitates, kick to kick and photo with favourite player. If ISC could be persuaded to come on board a special edition 'Return to Moorabbin' jumper signed by the Captain , Coach and the CEO etc could be issued to members who have contributed for 2 years (or more) at little or no cost to the club, whilst representing over $200 back to the member.

I recall someone on here before raising a question about the Moorabbin Bowling Club. It is presently situated on a prime South Road frontage site. Is the club in negotiations to to have the bowling club repositioned within the new complex to allow the development to to viewed freely from South Road. Surely achieving this would assist in marketing and advertising.

I believe the vision for Moorabbin is to be a family friendly hub. Could this also be a hub for members when we play interstate games? Big screen, bar, food, social club facilitates.

MEMBERSHIPS
Feedback - I think it's an excellent idea that the club are sending out membership cards to lapsed 2015 members, requiring that they only need a payment to become effective immediately. Once someone sees and touches something they are more likely to want it.

I may be wrong, however I believe our membership van closes near the end of the first quarter. We have our own merchandise shop inside Etihad Stadium. Would there be any benefits having a small membership sign there and even one sales person cross trained to complete a membership form or at least obtain contact info and pass onto the Membership Team. They may not complete many memshipships, but it couldn't do any harm.

INTERSTATE SUPPORTERS
I know nothing about this topic, however was just wondering if there are hubs for them to meet on game day when match not played in their state.

MISCELLANEOUS
I believe Matt Finnis has been our most important signing in recent history. How do we get him onto a long term contract?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi GLD,
MEMBERSHIPS
I think it's an excellent idea for the club to send out membership cards to lapsed 2015 members, requiring that they only need a payment to become effective immediately. Once someone sees and touches something they are more likely to want it.

They've done this, I have my 2016 and it came with a slip to confirm payment, can't use it otherwise.

They've done this, I have my 2016 and it came with a slip to confirm payment, can't use it otherwise.[/QUOTE

Yes, thank you, I worded that wrong, it was meant to be good feedback. I'll amend the original.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back