Resource St.Kilda FC Review: Rounds 1-4 - Please READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree they don't last long!

I'll forward it on for you guys.

Really, really bad car sticker. Mine faded and started to peel after about 6 weeks. Last year's quality and design was far superior.

It was either last year or the year before, the stickers were so bad that they sent out a second one to everyone made of much stronger/all weather material. I'm guessing its a cost thing but wouldn't it be nice if we got stickers like that every year straight off?

The old head shots on the players page bugs me as well.

Something that seems fairly trivial, but next year in our membership package could we get an actual bumper sticker? This year we just got a sheet of stickers which aren't any good for use on cars. If the club are trying to save money, just give the junior members sticker sheets and the rest a bumper sticker. I think the bumper stickers are actually kind of useful in membership promotion as well.

I agree. i 'd like a bumper sticker as well. however it is a very trivial thing.

i do note that last year there was much more media before the season started. now, the media is not bad. they still keep missing audios and not adding them to the saints site.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but after Saturday's game it reinforced my opinion that we need to make our home games all about the Red, White & Black.
There was absolutely nothing on the weekend that made me feel like it was our home game.

Also a couple of things on the chant;
Be done with the 'knock knock' build up, it's beyond cringeworthy and it's bloody embarrassing.
Why hasn't social media been used to promote this chant so people can actually know what's going on?
It has a lot of potential but unfortunately it seemed like 80% of the crowd didn't know what it was. It also needs to be timed way better, having the siren go just as the tempo increases effectively kills the mood.

The one thing I would do it advertise the chant a lot more. Yes people are going to get the jest of it but until then people need to know what to do before it starts.
Put a video up of it if they have to.
We want like what Port does. The moment the 1 minute siren blows every Power fan knows to stand up with thier scarf and sing "Never tear us apart"

Hi GDJ23 -

Great that you're back on board again to elicit the feedback of the saints members on this website. A couple of things to add whilst they're fresh in my mind.

- The Premier League Chant
I would like to take some of the credit for this idea, ha!. but seriously it will work wonders with a little tweaking. The timing and length of the chant is vitally important. It cannot have a siren interrupt it, and the knock knock part of the chant is pretty cheesy and seems dated. Also, it would be great to send out an e-mail to members to advertise the chant so they know its coming and can stand up with their scarves in the air, or simply be ready to sing along.. This will build, and will become ours to truly own once these slight kinks are ironed out.

- The Social Club Member/Premium/Ultimate Member Rooms
This may not be entirely possible, but pre-game, it would be really great if there were some members of the St Kilda fraternity (ex players, staff, development coaches or whomever) who may not be involved in the gameday activities come around to casually talk to people who are hanging out pre-game in these rooms. The social committee do a pretty good job of having some fun gameday activities to raise funds and have a bit of a laugh pre game, but given I'm paying roughly $50-$55 for each match I attend, I think it would be nice to hear from St Kilda fraternity around where the club is heading, and have an opportunity to speak to them and ask questions in a relaxed setting.

- Cheer Squad
Without repeating too much of what has been discussed around the cheer squad, it is vitally important that the club take control of the cheer squad, and get some genuine chants up and running within. Even simple things like running a competition with St Kilda members to come up with catchy, creative chants for players or the team which could be 'debuted' by the cheer squad with free seats or other prizes awarded to winners. This would allow people to effectively 'own' their created chants and perhaps the cheer squad requires their own official St Kilda social media page to assist with the communication and development of these various chants.

Hope these ideas help, will post more if I can think of anymore.. Great job again!

-Andrew

Great work GJD23.

You know I still hate the 'make some noise" message on the scoreboard. I've been to the ice hockey and the basketball in the US and I know it works there but that is a different situation. In stadiums and arenas with 90% home support you can actually intimidate the opposition by 'making some noise' but that's not the situation at Saints games. At least the Saints crowd is learning to ignore it. I don't really want to join the CS bashing but if they need a message on the screen to 'make some noise' they they are in the wrong game!

The EPL style chant has potential once the word gets out. Keep going with it. Agree the 'Knock, Knock' intro is a bit cheesy and makes it too long but I see they needed some kind of intro so I understand why they did it.

Thanks for all the terrific suggestions guys, really appreciate the work you've all done here.

Just a quick reminder that I will be collating the information this weekend (probably Sunday) and then sending it off to Matt on Sunday 17th April at the conclusion of Round 4. So a few days still left if anyone has anything else left to add.

Cheers again guys/girls.

i just want to talk about the saints website some of it is really out of date

1. new zealand
http://www.saints.com.au/news/new-zealand
the only things it has in it is 2013. if we are not going back. remove the tab. if we are, make it relevant.

2. upcoming events
http://www.saints.com.au/news/events

there is nothing on there. i even doubt there was the hall of fame dinner on the tab.

go look at collingwood
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/events/events

3. VFL boxhill hawks has its own tab rather then jumbled and cannot search for info. us fanatics want more info on the players
check out boxhills
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/football/box-hill-hawks

4. Injuries were not updated since september 2015. and instead of updating the tab, the saints just removed it.

5. go look at other teams across the globe and see what they do. yes we have improved, but its still a long way to go.
even check out
http://www.lcfc.com/ etc etc
6. what happened to the information about the move back to moorabbin? or helping out financially? wasn't there a group involved? nothing has been heard of?
nothing on the saints site either at least not visible via tabs i had to google it to get this
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-05-08/moorabbins-community-focus

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-29/st-kilda-needs-to-raise-5-million-for-moorabbin-redevelopment

st kilda needs to raise $5 million dollars. this was announced a year ago, and yet, where is the fundraising? Richmond did one and raised millions where is ours?
Finnis wrote we need to raise it within a couple of years. how much if any is raised? why has it not been pushed at every opportunity?

7. the saints site is not fast enough to pick up all audio that happens on radio some within a day. All audio by players from every radio station should be on site. Currently it is a hit and miss. sometimes i have to go to forums to find out who will be on when. Since the club controls the media of the players there should be an area that says who is going to be on and when both on tv, foxtel and radio and then once its done, link it asap. This will create more awareness , more affinity to the club and its players, more clicks onto the website, more closeness and familiarity.

thats it for the moment.
Regards Sue

I know we have to look after our sponsors and Dare are fantastic for us but is it possible to have inspirational messages on both sides of the cheer squad banner?

It was obvious the difference between us and Collingwood. We had a message on one side and an ad on he other. Collingwood had a message on both sides. Of course they have sponsor panels down each side of their banner which is actually better for the sponsors because they are visible from both sides where as our Dare ad is only visible from the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks guys I am collating the information today.

I'm going to send it at 10PM Vic time. (14 hours).

Any last issues/thoughts/suggestions/positives/negatives you have please send them through!

i'd also like more videos or reports on things like:

A day in the life of......

marketing
CEO
President (when he is at the saints)
insider videos on the board meetings
media
communications
assistant coaches
recuriting (that might be too much interlectual property to give away)
VFL coach
etc etc
medicos

The members are part of the club, and yet most of us have no idea what really goes on

many supporters would be ireally interested.

by the way, what happened to the digital ambassadors?
Discontinued for this year unfortunately. I helped them a lot in that space last year.

Discontinued for this year unfortunately. I helped them a lot in that space last year.

why?

see thats what i mean. the saints and (probably start things ups ) and it lasts for 1 year, or one year and 2 months, and then it slinks away and hope that no supporter comments on it. wouldn't it be better if the club came out and said. digital ambassador worked well for the st year, however we are undertaking a review and this year it has been discontinued. or something like that.

why does it take you ( a supporter) to tell us what the club is or is not doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back