St Kilda parts ways with coach Alan Richardson: report

Remove this Banner Ad

I am surprised that the punters think it is a race in two - Scott and Ratten. Scott, if he wants to coach next year probably has the Carlton job if he wants it - and if you were picking between the two lists you would take Carlton's at the moment.

Ratten is a known quantity both as a coach and at St Kilda. He has to be a chance but I get the feeling Lethlean will will be talking to a few contracted coaches.

I think Saints feel they have a good story to sell despite the shape of the list at the moment. Another low round pick, Max King to likely be playing next year, Ben King a strong possibility to join the club, plenty of cash to chase FA and likely Carlisle, Steven, Geary to get full seasons next year. Hopefully Roberton makes it back. Hannebury plays more games.

Back at Moorabbin so coaches and players can live Bayside, the new facilities are state of the art, Sandringham to start playing games there (and Dragons I believe).

It's been an ordinary 5 - 6 years at the Saints but there is enough "good stuff" there to make a case it will turn quickly a la Bulldogs in 2016.
How is Ben King a strong possibility to join?

He barracks for Saints, his family live about 2kms from Moorabbin, he is yet to sign on past his initial 2 years with GC (both Lukosius and Rankine have signed extensions) and he has said he would love to play with his brother.

I don’t think Lukosious has signed an extension?

Injuries look pretty bad. But also they're 6-10. At worst they'll finish with 6 wins. More likely 8 wins.

Remember, GC and Carlton got denied last year and we had 2 wins. 2-20 for the season lol. wtf

I think that what they are concerned about is the number of players that could potentially never play again - Roberton, Steven, McCartin, Longer and Pierce. Pretty unusual that a club would potentially lose 5 players under the age of 30 in one season.

I think that what they are concerned about is the number of players that could potentially never play again - Roberton, Steven, McCartin, Longer and Pierce. Pretty unusual that a club would potentially lose 5 players under the age of 30 in one season.
Yeah fair enough. Nothing against the saints, more just the arbitrary B.S. system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries look pretty bad. But also they're 6-10. At worst they'll finish with 6 wins. More likely 8 wins.

Remember, GC and Carlton got denied last year and we had 2 wins. 2-20 for the season lol. wtf
I think it’s more to do with our circumstances losing players, not just wins/losses.
Highly doubt it’ll happen though.

It comes down to the fact we may have quite a few forced departures from the club

3 players unlikely to ever play again because of concussion, one maybe due to a heart issue.

Surely the AFL are considering a relocation to tasmania for the Saints or North Melbourne. Victoria has too many teams so it is only natural one of the weaker minnow sides gets moved on.

Saints surely taking the piss.

Yes they are taking the piss.

I would be downright angry on St.Kilda's behalf if they were disadvantaged by the Suns getting a PP, but have absolutely no respect for them if they resort to the begging bowl. Have some pride, Saints.

Surely the AFL are considering a relocation to tasmania for the Saints or North Melbourne. Victoria has too many teams so it is only natural one of the weaker minnow sides gets moved on.

I love the irony in this post.

Yes they are taking the piss.

I would be downright angry on St.Kilda's behalf if they were disadvantaged by the Suns getting a PP, but have absolutely no respect for them if they resort to the begging bowl. Have some pride, Saints.

Depends what it's for and what kind of priority pick. I wouldn't mind if they got an end of first round pick to help offset the premature retirements of McCartin, Roberton and Jack Steven - those three were key players for the future and it was due to circumstances completely out of the Saints' control.

Depends what it's for and what kind of priority pick. I wouldn't mind if they got an end of first round pick to help offset the premature retirements of McCartin, Roberton and Jack Steven - those three were key players for the future and it was due to circumstances completely out of the Saints' control.

Richmond lost Grigg and Griffiths to career-ending injuries and Higgins to a brain haemorrhage. Maybe we can get a second-rounder?

Pretty sure there is a bit to the Jack Steven situation that hasn't come out yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back