St Kilda Player Highlights 2016 - (30/10/16 - Maverick Weller)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the Gresham and Acres ones too. Holy s**t, I am pumped!! Gresham is special, one of the best debut seasons as a saint for a while!
Acres combination of size, acceleration and marking is going to be huge in our midfield for the next decade.

Who's up next mate? Keep up the good work, I want to make a YouTube account just to subscribe. Love it!!

Agree on Gresham, amazing first season. I see so much Gary Ablett in him in the sense that he's so clean and balanced and especially strong through the core, huge legs on him- pretty much crosses out any "disadvantage" he may have had height-wise. Will be awesome once he starts clocking in more genuine midfield minutes. Also has great lateral movement and baulking ability. Almost untackleable when you add up all of his evasive traits.

Probably Membrey up next, cheers mate.

Agree on Gresham, amazing first season. I see so much Gary Ablett in him in the sense that he's so clean and balanced and especially strong through the core, huge legs on him- pretty much crosses out any "disadvantage" he may have had height-wise. Will be awesome once he starts clocking in more genuine midfield minutes.

Probably Membrey up next, cheers mate.
Really hoping Gresham can improve his aerobic capacity in the offseason and could see him moving to full time midfield averaging 22-26 touches a game.

Really hoping Gresham can improve his aerobic capacity in the offseason and could see him moving to full time midfield averaging 22-26 touches a game.

Would be awesome to see. The Carlton game in round 20 was just a glimpse into that, spent about a full half in the midfield, end game stats were 25 disposals and 8 clearances.

Would be awesome to see. The Carlton game in round 20 was just a glimpse into that, spent about a full half in the midfield, end game stats were 25 disposals and 8 clearances.
Got this on IQ.

Will watch tonight :thumbsu:

Never thought I'd see Membrey being that smooth in general play (outside of set shots).

Significantly more talented than I first thought.

If his athleticism and confidence continues to improve he could be absolutely blue chip.

Never thought I'd see Membrey being that smooth in general play (outside of set shots).

If his athleticism and confidence continues to improve he could be absolutely blue chip.
Already a jet
Unbelievable to get him as a delisted free

I just hope Membrey manages to increase his good form vs the better teams next year. Was quieter vs Geelong, Adelaide and the dogs so I hope he can start kicking 2 or 3 against the big boys next year because thats what we need from him to win finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all,

Made some highlights videos for last season and will be doing more for 2016. Have done the hard part of accumulating enough clips for quite a few players now so it should be relatively smooth sailing from here.

You can go here to subscribe to my youtube channel if you like, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Blake Acres

Jade Gresham

Paddy McCartin

Jack Newnes

Tim Membrey

More to come.
Enjoy.

Watching Josh Kennedy last night and that is the level that I believe Blake Acres reaches. Big, strong (a little messy at times!) and a match winner in the trenches. Blake may even have a few more tricks than Kennedy.

missed the first 7 or 8 games i believe so not a bad return for a guy who was no where this time last year. hes already a star. his rise form coincides with the rest of the team development. we have guys just starting to believe they have what it takes. some guys on our list are going to explode next year the beauty of this mystery is who and how many.

Watching Josh Kennedy last night and that is the level that I believe Blake Acres reaches. Big, strong (a little messy at times!) and a match winner in the trenches. Blake may even have a few more tricks than Kennedy.
That would be incredible.

Don't think Blake gets that good, also they are very different players. JPK is a contested beast one of the best ever while Blake more of outside with ability to go in

Love the way he tucks the ball under his arm and sprints towards the goals haha, never gets old to me.

Looking forward to seeing a fit and firing Bruce, Membrey and Paddy string some games together in the same forwardline.

Love the way he tucks the ball under his arm and sprints towards the goals haha, never gets old to me.

Looking forward to seeing a fit and firing Bruce, Membrey and Paddy string some games together in the same forwardline.
Might be a bit of the Canberra rugby influence in that ball run!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back