News St Kilda Pride Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice sentiment, but horrible execution. Looks like a St Kilda jumper got mangled up with an old beach towel in a washing machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the rainbow colours being hard to incorporate into a jumper or jersey design, without being against the concept.

I like the use or rainbow socks, because it really sticks out and looks good against a two or three tone jumper

Amen. Keep the social issues out of sport. I don't watch sport to be lectured about how to live my life.
You must be inclusive. If not, you’re.....er...um...excluded!!
Cry more, snowflakes. They are putting a rainbow on a footy jumper for one match, not forcing you to kiss another bloke.

Cry more, snowflakes. They are putting a rainbow on a footy jumper for one match, not forcing you to kiss another bloke.
The sentiment isn't the issue, I have gay friends like most people. The problem is that clubs use these social causes to sell merchandise and to virtue signal. 'Look at how inclusive a club we are'. Just focus on football and perhaps winning a premiership sometime in the next 50 years.

The sentiment isn't the issue, I have gay friends like most people. The problem is that clubs use these social causes to sell merchandise and to virtue signal. 'Look at how inclusive a club we are'. Just focus on football and perhaps winning a premiership sometime in the next 50 years.
Just focus on football?

Did you know a club and its staff can do more than just one thing at a time? I'm pretty sure this guernsey's existence didn't affect the players, nor the coaches ability to win a premiership.

Why are you so upset?

Just focus on football?

Did you know a club and its staff can do more than just one thing at a time? I'm pretty sure this guernsey's existence didn't affect the players, nor the coaches ability to win a premiership.

Why are you so upset?
Why are you so upset someone has a different opinion than you?

Just focus on football?

Why are you so upset?
I'm not upset, I've told you why I don't like it.
I hate politics and social issues creeping into sport. I'd take the same stance if it was a Hawks guernsey.

I'm not upset, I've told you why I don't like it.
I hate politics and social issues creeping into sport. I'd take the same stance if it was a Hawks guernsey.
The issue i have with statements like this is that they are just woeful. The rounds we have throughout the year (SDN and to a lesser extent Pride) are in support of minorities that experience prejudice on a daily basis, it's not political at all, it's life. If you can't get behind it, that's fair, but they definitely add spotlight and value to the affected groups.

whats happened here is old mate gary lyon has got his hawthorn mate to back him up coz hes feeling outnumbered
Why does it surprise you that more than one person could share a similar opinion? You don't debate much do you.

The issue i have with statements like this is that they are just woeful. The rounds we have throughout the year (SDN and to a lesser extent Pride) are in support of minorities that experience prejudice on a daily basis, it's not political at all, it's life. If you can't get behind it, that's fair, but they definitely add spotlight and value to the affected groups.
Why do you think clubs feel the need to get involved with these minorities? They have every major corporation in the world using rainbow colours in their logos for an entire month of the year. There's no oppression. Lgbt people are being gifted important roles everywhere you look based on their identity. We're all very well aware of the alphabet group. Clubs aren't shining a light on their "oppression" because that light has been blinding us all for years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back