News St Kilda Pride Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think clubs feel the need to get involved with these minorities? They have every major corporation in the world using rainbow colours in their logos for an entire month of the year. There's no oppression. Lgbt people are being gifted important roles everywhere you look based on their identity. We're all very well aware of the alphabet group. Clubs aren't shining a light on their "oppression" because that light has been blinding us all for years now.

Yeah okay, good on you mate. Apparently if something isn't happening to you it must not be happening. Not gonna continue this argument, but you have a very limited world view.

Yeah okay, good on you mate. Apparently if something isn't happening to you it must not be happening. Not gonna continue this argument, but you have a very limited world view.
I was never talking to you in the first place. You just started replying to my comments.
Plenty of minority groups are oppressed in the world. The gay community is not one of them. Gays do quite fine in all walks of life.
How about calling out out the middle eastern countries than hang gay people instead of the low hanging fruit of homophobes on twitter

Why do you think clubs feel the need to get involved with these minorities? They have every major corporation in the world using rainbow colours in their logos for an entire month of the year. There's no oppression. Lgbt people are being gifted important roles everywhere you look based on their identity. We're all very well aware of the alphabet group. Clubs aren't shining a light on their "oppression" because that light has been blinding us all for years now.

Mate. You’re a bigot.

Are you unaware that it is currently illegal to be gay 70 countries? Punishable by death in 12?

Are you unaware that it is currently illegal to be gay 70 countries? Punishable by death in 12?
And? How does wearing a pride jumper change that? Gays have never been more accepted than at any time in history. What other countries do has no effect on us. Just as St. Kilda wearing a pride jumper won't force change in countries like Saudi Arabia. It's all fluff, and these clubs are just paying lip service to a cause in the hope of gaining for sponsors, more members and sell merchandise.

So hating on jumpers because they look sh*t = normal
Hating on jumpers because of what they represent = BIGOT!!! HOMOPHOBE!!!
Yes. This is the footy jumpers board, we critique guernsey design, that's normal. Glad you finally figured it out.

I was never talking to you in the first place. You just started replying to my comments.
Plenty of minority groups are oppressed in the world. The gay community is not one of them. Gays do quite fine in all walks of life.
How about calling out out the middle eastern countries than hang gay people instead of the low hanging fruit of homophobes on twitter
Who were you talking to in particular? Or were you just spreading your views for the sake of it? No low-hanging fruit here mate, you have your views, I disagree with them. Maybe just stick to critiquing the design instead of what it represents.

Who were you talking to in particular? Or were you just spreading your views for the sake of it? No low-hanging fruit here mate, you have your views, I disagree with them. Maybe just stick to critiquing the design instead of what it represents.

If a guernsey has a political statement then it deserves discussing. If I said I liked the political statement it makes would you tell me to stick to talking about the design? No. You've got your knickers in a knot because I don't like the message.

If a guernsey has a political statement then it deserves discussing. If I said I liked the political statement it makes would you tell me to stick to talking about the design? No. You've got your knickers in a knot because I don't like the message.
Thanks anonymous internet user, I take that as a compliment. Because when you have no argument, attack the man with insults. Typical of the left.
You know what, you've been in this forum for all of 5 minutes and you're already showing your character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, you've been in this forum for all of 5 minutes and you're already showing your character.
I don't care what some random internet flog thinks of my opinions. And I don't need to have been on BF for ten years to express them. I'm sorry to have bruised your frail ego.

I don't care what some random internet flog thinks of my opinions. And I don't need to have been on BF for ten years to express them. I'm sorry to have bruised your frail ego.
I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for you if being aggressively attacking and insulting other members is your attitude.

Last edited:
Jeez it’s all happening tonight. As I said in the other thread, stay civil or I start carding.

Came at you? I said I disagreed with your views and pointed out my own. You've been nothing but combative this whole thread.
Combative? You mean sticking to my argument? You need to come to grips with the fact people have different opinions to your own.

Yes. This is the footy jumpers board, we critique guernsey design, that's normal. Glad you finally figured it out.
Normal to be labelled a bigot because youdon't like a rainbow themed jumper. Yeah ok. Didn't realise this forum was an echo chamber for the left.

Combative? You mean sticking to my argument? You need to come to grips with the fact people have different opinions to your own.
Normal to be labelled a bigot because youdon't like a rainbow themed jumper. Yeah ok. Didn't realise this forum was an echo chamber for the left.
Who hurt you?

Who hurt you?
Wasting your time, mate. Fact of the matter is every temper tantrum thrown in response to a pride jumper only serves to validate the entire concept.

Initiatives like these are never going to convert the narrow-minded. But what it might eventually do is allow people--particularly big tough AFL players--to not feel pressured into pretending to be something they're not.

Wasting your time, mate. Fact of the matter is every temper tantrum thrown in response to a pride jumper only serves to validate the entire concept.

Initiatives like these are never going to convert the narrow-minded. But what it might eventually do is allow people--particularly big tough AFL players--to not feel pressured into pretending to be something they're not.

You think this is a pride issue? I clearly stated that I don't think social or political issues have a place in football which is an opinion shared by many people. What's wrong with being able to watch a game of footy without having politics shoved in out faces. Maybe you love it, if so good on ya. Doesn't make people like me, who share my opinion closed minded.
I assume you'd feel the same way if a team started wearing BLM on the guernsey once a year? Maybe have BLM round, you'd probably get off on something like that

You think this is a pride issue? I clearly stated that I don't think social or political issues have a place in football which is an opinion shared by many people. What's wrong with being able to watch a game of footy without having politics shoved in out faces. Maybe you love it, if so good on ya. Doesn't make people like me, who share my opinion closed minded.
I assume you'd feel the same way if a team started wearing BLM on the guernsey once a year? Maybe have BLM round, you'd probably get off on something like that

Can we leave this discussion for some other thread. This is about the design, not the political issues people may or may not have about it.

Alright, warned everyone once, consider this it. Any posts not specifically relating to the guernsey past this point will lead to a carding, I don’t care what side you’re arguing for, this isn’t the forum for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back