No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Jobs for the boys' hope its not like that.
It’s really only jobs for the boys if they are coming in to get paid and coast along. The coach has to have people he trusts and will deliver the messaging he wants in the way he wants. I think Enright has done a good job too and is worth keeping. But if the club were to say we’ve just put on such and such coaches on and we think they are ok so you need to keep them, if things don’t work the coach has the out of saying well you made me keep all those coaches l didn’t want. It’s a results based business and l think the coach has the right to choose which people he’s going to sink or swim with.

Dixon getting more cheap shots in, while he can. What did he do to help get the professionaism up while he was being employed by us? He failed at the one job we gave him, in fact everyone got worse so biiiig Bronx cheers for big Ben Dixon, now trying to save face by tipping another bucket on the club who rightfully sacked him.

The reasoning behind his comments about the list are so nonsensical, any decent media outlet wouldn't touch them, but AFL doesn't have decent media outlets, so we have to put up with this shyte.

All of these vultures just proving exact what Ross said about disrespectful.

We are short one line coach , and if we could secure Harvey that would be an absolutely excellent result. Goddard as a line coach no.
Enright, Hayes and Harvey would be pretty damn good.

Misson left Melbourne at the end of 2019 to go with his family to Canada. He has nothing in his resume there , so i can only imagine that Covid ruined his plans. He's been head of performance at the Roosters for the last year. So i assume available.
Walsh was at GWS for 7 years but not as a High Performance Manager. The StKilda position was a promotion for him.
I think Misson would be an upgrade there. I also don't believe that Misson is a "yes man".

SOS. As an assistant coach in 2010, I think he was a good mate of Lyons. Not sure what he is now.

Arvi would have set up a gofundme to ensure successful scanning of the document.
No need :cool:, I'm gorgeous, charismatic, wealthy, and a moderator on a football forum.

Please...let the cobblers do the cobbling :cool::cool:

Ross Lyon surrounded by a group of "yes men" hand selected by Lyon. Worst case scenario for the club given Lyon's previous issues with alternate views.

Makes you wonder why they've spent so much time talking to him if its gonna be carte blanche on football department appointments. If that's what they are doing then they should have just handed him the keys and walked away.

Why will they be very good at their jobs? No particular reason they'd be good just because they played for us once.
Because, as I said, you are keeping the quality people in that you know will be good at their job, not just any one that has worn a Saints jumper...

If you read my posts again you'll understand I didn't just say keep anyone that has worn a Saints jumper and expect them to be good at their job.

Geelong have done it well. But I doubt they offer anyone that wears a Cats jumper a job, so it's not jobs for the boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can just see the way this plays out in the media.

Coffield gets his body super fit, does his ACL, works hard during rehab, comes back in 2023 best season form.
Bytel has an injury interrupted year, only coming good at the end. Works hard over summer and gets a midfield spot.

ROSS LYON TURNS YOUNG PLAYERS CAREERS AROUND.

Me either but he did recruit McKay, Charlie Curnow, Walsh etc. His biggest stuff ups were bringing over the GWS top ups. He's kind of the opposite to Trout and Libba, they could find loose change down the back of the couch, SOS got the top end players spot on. It takes about 5 years before you see the good or damage a recruiter has done and his legacy is probably what made Carlton jump back up. Trout's guys are mostly gone.

SOS live traded on draft night in 2018 for Liam Stocker.

Blues were bottom of the ladder and traded their future first for Adelaide’s pick 19 and their future first.

Next year Adelaide had pick 3 (before GC concessions) and Carlton pick 9. Stocker was delisted this year.

It was a ballsy trade (being kind in saying that).

Coffield gets his body super fit, does his ACL, works hard during rehab, comes back in 2023 best season form.
Bytel has an injury interrupted year, only coming good at the end. Works hard over summer and gets a midfield spot.

And you have a problem with which part?

Bollocks, talk about extremist hyperbole. There is a reason Ratten was sacked but to describe like it is a club run like it was in the 80's and with a list with the professionalism of our wooden spoon team of the earlt 2000's is really insulting.

never as good or as bad as it seems, or reported by people with relevance deprivation syndrome.

The jury is still out on Enright

The Cats were a much better side after he left. To the eye we looked much more organised in defence but someone did post in here that we were one of the worst sides for scores against per inside 50.

Not sure if that true or not.

I'd like to hang on to him, but if there's a gun back line coach with runs on the board I can see why we'd look at that too

Yeah, he was better than what we had and probably the best in the club....that doesn't mean he's better than what Ross wants to bring in or the right fit for us.

Yeah I'm not sure a fit Coffield and Bytel would be the difference to us being a decent side or not unfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back