No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have lethers (or anyone) as ceo if every decision of consequence is made by the board?

(Review, degoey chase, coach pick)

Maybe the next call the board needs to make is to replace lethers with the trainee receptionist.
(Because we need to still have someone in the ceo chair to open the mail)
Standard practice in all major organisations.

Yet she has previously been effusive in her praise for Matt Finnis and the St Kilda board for the redevelopment of Moorabbin.

She’s all over the place. Says one thing and then contradicts herself.
Journos are the oldest profession as far as I am concerned. They need to sell papers so say what sells. Not much integrity left.

I will forever give her credit for maintaining the face against Jimmy Hird and the Injectors and their systematic drug cheating though. She’s a golden one for that, even if she has to whore out her pen from time to time to sell papers.

Interesting, Brett Ratten is a terrific bloke, he was blindsided, so if the Saints had blindsided him without a 6 month payout that would have been better for Ratten?

Was he a good coach though Caro?

yes,but even though there was the 3 month clause, he still at the time had more than 1 year to go on his contract. I bet , if the saints had extended ross's contract by say 2 years the amount of backlash to the club for extending his contract would have been high. there was backlash mid year for extending Rattehn's contract with 6 months to go. How much more so with Ross at the time.
Yep that just about sums up the bi-polar nature of this discussion. The club being s*** canned for extending Rattens contract with only 6 months to go when he was running at 8/3 at the bye and also being s*** canned for not entertaining extending Lyons contract with 18 months to go when he was sitting at 3/6 and a draw.

Journos are the oldest profession as far as I am concerned. They need to sell papers so say what sells. Not much integrity left.

I will forever give her credit for maintaining the face against Jimmy Hird and the Injectors and their systematic drug cheating though. She’s a golden one for that, even if she has to whore out her pen from time to time to sell papers.

Do we really need this derogatory gendered language?

How'd she get a gig in the first place all those years ago?

Oh yeah that's right
Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Does anybody really care what relics of a bygone era like Crickly Caro and Purple dyed hair, whats par for your face? Barrett has to say or write?

They are from an era where everyone would read their blatherings in the morning paper on the way to work in the train. Nobody reads or pays attention to the old MSM.
She can say what she likes, seems there are a few like her a bit uneasy we might become relevant again, they don't like it when the Washington Generals start winning and becoming something real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t read her article to be fair but is her saying the clubs been run like busted ass for years really that contraversial… pretty much what 50 pages in this thread have said (100 were elation at RTB is coming home and the remaining were split between “process” debates and homo erotic fan fic)

Interesting, Brett Ratten is a terrific bloke, he was blindsided, so if the Saints had blindsided him without a 6 month payout that would have been better for Ratten?

Was he a good coach though Caro?
Pretty strong argument that no extension = sack him at seasons end = assistant coach gig somewhere else.

I actually kinda hope we gave he a little on top of the 6 months. “You’re a lovely guy Ratts but I’ve moved on, here’s a little something extra for your troubles… and having a head not even a mother could love”

Whore is a pretty good word for a journo whether it be male or female. Making up and publishing absolute s**t and flogging it off to whoever will pay for it is one of the worlds oldest professions.
Same goes for their pens.

I didn’t read her article to be fair but is her saying the clubs been run like busted ass for years really that contraversial… pretty much what 50 pages in this thread have said (100 were elation at RTB is coming home and the remaining were split between “process” debates and homo erotic fan fic)
I think it's more she always sinks the stormteopper boots in but never really seems to back us in
Look at the whole Kim Douchbag saga
Absolutely sank us
Then we find out Douchbag is underage in clubs and full of lies stealing s**t from laptops
Not a peep then, and never an apology

/rant

Pretty strong argument that no extension = sack him at seasons end = assistant coach gig somewhere else.

I actually kinda hope we gave he a little on top of the 6 months. “You’re a lovely guy Ratts but I’ve moved on, here’s a little something extra for your troubles… and having a head not even a mother could love”
As popped corn wrote, he gets 25Ok for sitting on his arse for half a season. Jesus I would take the year off and look for an assistant job at the end of 23.
These people need to get into the real world.

Absolutely. She has shown a lot of courage in much of her journalism and has broken some big stories.

But in the past few years she has tended to blow with the breeze and be clever with the benefit of hindsight.

Mid year when we were flying she was going on about how, as a club, everything had come together with the performances on-field, reduction of debt and the development of Moorabbin.

Now we are terrible club. Wilson would make a cat laugh.

I’m certain that if we appoint Ross Lyon and have a Cinderella season like Collingwood did this year she will tell us how St Kilda have become so much more professional because of this and because they have done that.

Pffft. It’s a bit sad really.

As popped corn wrote, he gets 25Ok for sitting on his arse for half a season. Jesus I would take the year off and look for an assistant job at the end of 23.
These people need to get into the real world.
Sure, that’s fair. Just saying, if we’d not ****ed up with the extension he’d likely be employed now. I get the whole “brutal” thing, that’s all.

Sure, that’s fair. Just saying, if we’d not cactus up with the extension he’d likely be employed now. I get the whole “brutal” thing, that’s all.
If Ratts hadn't cactus it up, he would still have a job

She is on the money about Leathlean. He has made to many mistakes and is the one that wanted his mate Gallagher along with Rath as heads of Footy
i agree

but i also think Lethlean and the current situation we are in is just a result of a poor board and presidency. the reality is the president oversaw alot of these decisions and they were ticked off on. i was told by the preceeding president that he had to "tick off" on any appointment above "x dollars" this was in discussion on rory sloan years back, stating he hasn't had anything go past his desk, so sloane aint happening. so deals like Ratten and hanners etc would have be going past him right?

i think any decent leadership here would not have lethlean promoted into the seat of CEO after the debacle that is the football dept, which is on its 2nd or 3rd rebuild now.

you wouldnt get a scenario where Ratten is resigned then less than 100 days later is axed and you're paying him out. something they've conceeded they ****ed up.

it just stinks of absent oversight into what Lethlean and Co have been doing for the last 3-4 years.

you can argue "Well now they're getting their hands dirty and they're leaving no stoned unturned" but any decent leadership doesn't let it get to this point. where was that approach 3 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back