Opinion St Kilda Saints 2020 TOP 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I already made my ladder predictions before the trade period as top 4 contenders and I was laughed at but now that the trade rumours have come into fruition and with a new coach, I truely believe the saints are a top 4 side and potential 2020 Grand final winners.

What does everyone think?
Im still laughing buddy , we never bought in 5 AA players in

I already made my ladder predictions before the trade period as top 4 contenders and I was laughed at but now that the trade rumours have come into fruition and with a new coach, I truely believe the saints are a top 4 side and potential 2020 Grand final winners.

I really admire the enthusiasm mate! At first I was wondering why all the supporters from other clubs were piling on, then realised you'd posted in the wrong spot - poor *****. Don't let the cynics get to you, you've got a friend in Premium who always insists on looking at the positives.

Settle mate.

It's nice to be optimistic but one step at a time. Hill, Howard, Ryder or Jones didnt equate to their side playing finals.

We need the standards of our own group to grow organically, I'll be happy just to be more competitive and see where that takes us.

Settle mate.

It's nice to be optimistic but one step at a time. Hill, Howard, Ryder or Jones didnt equate to their side playing finals.

We need the standards of our own group to grow organically, I'll be happy just to be more competitive and see where that takes us.

I agree with this completely.
I believe that factors of the team failing to progress after 2015 -2016 through to now is .

Movement of Montagna to the back line, then retirement. Retirement of Schneider ,Fisher , Riewoldt and Dempster.
Dramatic and early loss of ability by Armitage, after a career best season.
The Jack Steven situation 2019.
The Roberton situation. The McCartin situation.
Newnes' and Weller's seeming loss of ability.
Tradee, Stevens concussion.
These factors outweighed the slow development of Sinclair , Billings, Ross and Steele. Dunstan made a big initial impact, but then stagnated for a number of years.

Exacerbating the problem was the number of quality of players coming through from the draft.
2012 -None. 2013:Acres,Dunstan,Billings. 2014: Rookie Sinclair. 2015: Gresham 2016: Long, Battle. They were not enough, or not high enough quality to offset the above factors.

Gresham has been forced into the midfield with none of our myriad of smalls coming close to his goal kicking ability.

Goals by tall forwards: ( Riewoldt .Membrey McCartin, Bruce etc ).
2015: 91 ( Bruce 50).
2016: 137
2017: 118
2018: 63 ( Bruce only 4 -Injured ).
2019: 80 (Membrey 44, Bruce 36 )

Goals by small forwards. ( inc Parker ).
2015: 61 ( Mostly Sinclair, Lonie, Weller).
2016: 62 ( 25 by Weller ).
2017: 82 ( 30 by Gresham ).
2018: 66 ( 35 by Gresham , highest scorer in the Saints ).
2019: 68 ( 16 by Parker, 14 by Long , 13 by Lonie )

Looking forward, our midfield still seems flimsy but we can hope for improvement. ( Imagine how bad it would have been if Marshall had not been there ).
Steele and Dunstan probably won't do much more than what they do now, reliable workhorses.
Ross may benefit if the dynamics of the midfield change with others coming in.
Jones. Possibly can do some of the grunt work, and add a bit of pace. Perhaps letting Gresham play forward more.
Clark showed enough last season , that i certainly think he can spend some time in the middle and provide plenty of X factor.
Hill provides outside run, certainly several levels above what we saw from Hind last year.
Billings still has an upside i think. Maybe Sinclair will do more too.
Bytel : has a lot riding on him for an unproven player.

I think Richmond, GWS, WCE will be good.

One of Geelong or Collingwood probable has a good year left in them too.

I'm getting the feeling you aren't the real Proust, he'd believe in the abstract constructs of the OP. No great artist lets reality get in the way.

No elite mids 2 good defenders mebrey will get double teamed even with king in the side... we only had casboult as a key defender with out 3 best missing and still beat you towards the end of the year... IF they make finals... IF they will be essendon of 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree
We will have a great fixture.
When we had fit team eary rounds we were dominating.
Bruce/Acres/Newnes OUT
Slow one dinensional players

in comes SPEED and CLASS
z jones, brad hill class speed
howard a defender for the ages. replaces older slower brown.

Butler is an upgrade, and Ryder will be great for 2 years as he and marshal share ruck/forward.

Saints in 2020
Many leaders back from injury, young guns now played 50-100 games.
Bytel and MParker to surprise you all.

Geary Howard Webster
Roberton Carlisle ZJones
Hill Ross Billings
Butler Battle MParker
Gresham MKing Membrey
Marshal Steele Hanneberry

Ryder Coffield H.Clark Dunstan

No elite mids 2 good defenders mebrey will get double teamed even with king in the side... we only had casboult as a key defender with out 3 best missing and still beat you towards the end of the year... IF they make finals... IF they will be essendon of 2019
Battle? Parker?
Battle is a gun.

Battle? Parker?
Battle is a gun.
Mate battle is coming all right and sp is parker but they dont play amazing every week.... i dont not like stkilda thid is just getting a bit ahead of themselves when they might not even make finals look at all the other clubs thay bought inn heaps of players at once when they thought they were ready how many flags?

The loss of Bruce and Steven is massive IMO. Whenever I thought of St Kilda they're the first two players I thought of.

Hill is a good get, however getting Ryder was pretty much pointless.
Nope. Steven is cooked. and bruce is a one dimensional forward. We have many who can fo that and more like Battle. In 8 months youll be "wow battle is a gun"

Image result for jonah hill gif

Is this on the main board or Saints board? I'm confused.

That we should all laugh again :laughing:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back