News St Kilda to play Port Adelaide in China next year

Remove this Banner Ad

I am the opposite in this, not happy.

Is there any chance in hell that we ever get to play Port in Victoria. It is becoming a joke.
Yes the "play Port away" thing is pretty crap isn't it.
Just think for now while we are rebuilding the team and the supporter base any large influx of cash is great for the club.
Whether it's Tassie, NZ, Cairns or even China a couple of games over the next few yrs will help us financially in a big way.
Maybe Dare will jump onboard and make a Prawn Dumpling flavoured Ice Coffee to mark the occasion:huh:

2m7yp9d.jpg

How do you get this to work? Every time I chuck in the URL address for the blocked page it never works.
Make sure you are using a true link and not a redirected link, try using a different browser or leave it for a while as sometimes it's not instantaneous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate how we are giving up a home game for Port. I wouldnt care if we were the away team being sent to China, but there is something about it being our Home game while disadvantaging us which pisses me off.

I hate how we are giving up a home game for Port. I wouldnt care if we were the away team being sent to China, but there is something about it being our Home game while disadvantaging us which pisses me off.
Why is it a disadvantage.

If you've got the money and can get the time off go. You won't regret it. The game itself lacked atmosphere but I reckon you guys will bring a good crowd which will improve that. Shanghai was like old world China meets new world China. Amazing food, markets and great night life along The Bund. Some of the most insane buildings I've ever seen too. I went to Vietnam for 10 days after Shaingha and some of my mates did Japan. Its a great starting point (or ending) for an Asian holiday.

Because we are giving up a home game against an Interstate team (so we would have an genuine advantage) to play at a ground we have never played, with low air quality which requires a lot more travel than driving to Etihad.

It certainly isnt advantaging our players like a home game should.
But Port are in the same boat.

Except Port get to keep all their home games.
I can understand your frustration on this point. I wouldn't be happy if Port gave up a home game, but just on this point, I'm not sure if Melbourne based fans actually know that Port actually legally can't take a home game to China. We are locked into a deal at Adelaide Oval, that means that we must play our full 11 games there a year. It's a long story as to why, but it's basically because the SANFL leeches ridiculous amounts of money out of AFL money to prop up its own interests and comp, and the stadium deal is built entirely around that return for the SANFL and Port and the Crows get the leftovers.

TLDR: So Port legally cant sell our home games and have to find another that will, and we are glad we've found a good Melbourne based club to come on this journey for the next 3 year's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back