Traded St Kilda trade #28 to Melbourne for #36 and #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne keen to get ahead of a bid for Toby Bedford so he becomes our 3rd pick. Bit risky, I would've waited until closer to the draft, but worth a go. We have 7 list spots but if we can get 3 quality kids then we can fill the last 4 with rookie upgrades/picks and delisted free agents.

Saints going for the more shots at the dart board.

Should work well for both sides.

Melbourne keen to get ahead of a bid for Toby Bedford so he becomes our 3rd pick. Bit risky, I would've waited until closer to the draft, but worth a go. We have 7 list spots but if we can get 3 quality kids then we can fill the last 4 with rookie upgrades/picks and delisted free agents.

Saints going for the more shots at the dart board.

Should work well for both sides.

What's Bedford like?

I think two of the draft picks in between 28 and 36 will likely be used on Acadmey/father sons so instead of a 8 pick downgrade it will be a 6 pick downgrade. We needed an extra decent pick to use in the draft with our list spots so I guess it isn't a bad deal. Hopefully works well for the Dee's too.

Edit: It's been pointed out to me that Lions could also have to use one or two of those picks on McFadyen so it may well be just a 4 pick downgrade instead of 8.

Pick 28: Melbourne (received off St Kilda, via on-trades)

Pick 29: Gold Coast (received off Essendon in 2017)

Pick 30: Brisbane (received off Fremantle, via on-trades)

Pick 31: Fremantle (received off North Melbourne)

Pick 32: Western Bulldogs (received off Brisbane, via on-trades)

Pick 33: Sydney

Pick 34: Essendon (received off GWS in 2017)

Pick 35: Brisbane (received off Port Adelaide, via on-trades)

Pick 36: St Kilda (received off Melbourne)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back