Review St Kilda v Carlton Rd 8 2017 post match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but i was just looking at the AFL site
and it says under the injuries Jake carlisle (groin) just wanted to check did he finish the game?

Ffs. I think you'll find that the post and a response are included in notification of a post being deleted by a mod. We have cleaned out many since the Murphy incident so not sure who deleted that one.

There is an easy way to:
1. Not be infracted - Post in line with the golden rules.
2. Not have posts deleted - Post meaningful content without personal attacks and stay within the rules.

The last 2 days have not been easy for us mods so please spare us the open forum ridicule and PM your concerns to us to be addressed.

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but i was just looking at the AFL site
and it says under the injuries Jake carlisle (groin) just wanted to check did he finish the game?

Please don't criticise other moderators here guys, it's a difficult job and often a thankless task. If any of you have issues with the moderation of another board, message one of us and we can discuss it and take it further if necessary. Alternatively shoot the moderator a respectful message and they may take the time to respond.

Just to get things back on track a bit, was probably Gilbo's best game in a long time.

Had 23 disposals (@ 91% efficiency!, 8 contested) and took 9 marks, with one being contested and 5 being intercept marks (equal team-high), laid 3 tackles and had 9 intercepts overall.

If he keeps up form anything like that we won't have any need to spend up big on a Lever type at all and he might be able to play for another couple of years after this one.
Yeah he's had two huge weeks. He was just about our most important player yesterday. It's not just his possession count it's tap ons, shepherds, running to create options etc. He's actually a very smart player and pretty disciplined and creative at the same time.

Finally got around to watching the game;

Interesting game in terms of tacits despite the poor skills on both sides.

Carlton played how I imagine the Germans would play if they played footy. Strong defense and building up the play slowly until the opportunity arises. They have a seriously good defense but were hurt by turnovers. Their forward line is a work in progress and I had great joy reminding the brother they could have had Kennedy, Betts and Garlett all running around for them. He didn't enjoy it as much.

I thought we defended pretty well. Our midfielders got big numbers which is encouraging but looked sloppy at times.

Didn't love our forward entry as I felt Carlton had the aerial dominance over us and we kept pumping it long but 85 points is a decent total considering the circumstances.

It's a good sign we didn't play well and could bank the 4 points. Will need to play a lot better if we want to beat Sydney.

I know he gets a lot of love on here so I will continue it; Acres is beauty. Wasn't his best statistical game but he brings value in his ability to break lines, which was important on the weekend.

Carn Saints!

Please don't criticise other moderators here guys, it's a difficult job and often a thankless task. If any of you have issues with the moderation of another board, message one of us and we can discuss it and take it further if necessary. Alternatively shoot the moderator a respectful message and they may take the time to respond.

You guys are busier than Wayne Carey's mattress today .
Doing a great job btw. :star:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to get things back on track a bit, was probably Gilbo's best game in a long time.

Had 23 disposals (@ 91% efficiency!, 8 contested) and took 9 marks, with one being contested and 5 being intercept marks (equal team-high), laid 3 tackles and had 9 intercepts overall.

If he keeps up form anything like that we won't have any need to spend up big on a Lever type at all and he might be able to play for another couple of years after this one.
I said at the start of the year that we won't have improved unless Gilbert has been forced out of the best 22 by the end of the year, but i've probably got that one wrong. He's been so important for us the past few weeks and would be polling well in the B&F you'd think.

I said at the start of the year that we won't have improved unless Gilbert has been forced out of the best 22 by the end of the year, but i've probably got that one wrong. He's been so important for us the past few weeks and would be polling well in the B&F you'd think.
If he had the foot skills to match his effort, he would be elite.

If he had the foot skills to match his effort, he would be elite.
Watched him closely yesterday. Went back to when Webster was injured and Bruce second rucked.

His reading of the play is exceptional and was instrumental in the fourth qtr.

When he is in form, he is automatic 22

Agree that Gilbo has been great. But still think we need a replacement for him due to his age.

Not sure if many people have picked up on it but one of the key reasons billings has hit some good form is that they have stopped persisting with him on a wing. Where they have tried to play him the last year and first rounds of this. He's a natural forward and has been put back on that half forward roaming around kicking goals again like we saw in his first and second season that saw him have games like the Bulldogs comeback 4 and 20 odd and the west coast game in his first year 3 goals and 25 at 100% eff. All at high roaming half forward. We are realising he's going to be our James Hird and we are playing him in his natural position and he will continue to flourish I have no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back