Game Day St Kilda v Fremantle, Round 21 - 13:10 AEST, Aug 11, 2019.

STK v FRE: Who will win?

• St Kilda by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda under 30pts

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Fremantle under 30pts

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Fremantle by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sour pusses and trolls.
of course saints fans were elated. had two shocking years, seen likely four premature retirements this year due to injury, their captain out long term, their coach just resigned/sacked, ratts obviously popular and going for the job so a win is important. was a close, even, and ugly game and absolutely screwed by the umps in the last quarter and a half. Probably the worst umpiring by one in particular who should not umpire again this year. Fans were frustrated as hell.
most importantly had their four time b&f battling mental issues all year and rarely played, their prize recruit comes in for just his third game all year, and those two win the game for them with five goals, and the winner coms with 30 seconds left on the clock.
hell yeah they are elated. footy aint just about grand finals, if they were suns supporters would throw in the towel.

I had no faith in the Saints to win that but that was so enjoyable. Great for my mob too, obviously.
Happy for Jack Steven too. Hopefully he gets himself fit and comes back better than ever.

I'm not sure we deserved to win it and losing Coffield is not great for us.

But Marshall being ok and both Steven and Hanners turning up was so nice to see.

Port look the goods you just have to make sure you also beat Freo good luck!

It's not just differential, it's when it matters, and in the final quarter almost every 50/50 went against the Saints.

And in the first qtr every 50/50 went against us.

Do goals in the last qtr count more than goals in the first qtr?

well that's debatable but i reckon most of us would be in a bit more of a flap if we'd seen the opposition get a terrible free kick right in front of goal when scores are level, with ten seconds left, than we would be if it happened ten seconds into the game.

I want Lyon gone as much as anyone but can't blame his gameplan for this one, wasted 4 or 5 chances late in the third, they played the gameplan and created the chances and no one had the skills to finish.
I was on the "Sack Ross" bandwagon a few weeks ago. But I really can't decide now. The last few weeks they've beaten the league's top team and been competitive playing away.

I get what you mean about the skills (the derby was a glaring example) but they're still a young side. They're improving and will continue to do so.

If you'd told me at the beginning of the season they'd beat 5 of the current top 8 and 3 of the top 4 whilst missing a host of their best players: I'd wouldve taken that (as a Freagles fan). They've proven can beat the best this season. For me, that means Ross needs to be there next year.

Thier skills will improve. If they can become more consistent against the weaker sides and get on top of the injuries: Freo have all the pieces of the premiership puzzle.

This, the first half had some ******* horrific umpiring calls against us, but apparently that doesn’t count

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im actually gutted with this game. Ended any faint chance of finals.

saying that, freo has had their fair share of games by under a goal though.
Fair 'nuff.
After beating Geelong too?!
Funny season for your mob.
Wins over Cats, Pies, Lions and GWS but losses to Gold Coast, Carlton and Melbourne??!!!
There's your problem right there - dropping games to the bottom 3 sides and going 50/50 with the others outside the eight.
No wonder you'll miss the finals.
Anyway won one and lost one, both by under a goal to the Saints.
Fair reflection of your season and where you are on the ladder.

Last edited:
Back