St Kilda v Port Adelaide 2019 China match

Remove this Banner Ad

Very cynical of Port to buy a home game from the Gold Coast to play in China. I understand Port are contracted to play all their home games in SA, but even so the common view is that GC didn't have much choice but to agree.

St Kilda will have more say in the matter.

AFX is probably a better choice for PA, to make the business gonnections in China. The game is just an excuse to set up a marque, pour some champaign, and discuss buying and selling access to Chinese and Australian consumers.

I guess i am a bit cynical too.

We really should be grateful that the AFL has to pump so much cash into financially-struggling clubs here because that's the only thing keeping us from "the Shanghai Dragons will enter the competition next year".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very cynical of Port to buy a home game from the Gold Coast to play in China. I understand Port are contracted to play all their home games in SA, but even so the common view is that GC didn't have much choice but to agree.

AFX is probably a better choice for PA, to make the business gonnections in China. The game is just an excuse to set up a marque, pour some champaign, and discuss buying and selling access to Chinese and Australian consumers.

Any of the clubs that are funded by the AFL (GWS, GC, Lions, Saints, North, Melbourne, Dogs, maybe even Swans) have very little say in this stuff.

we only went there again as we had no home ground

2 times in the last 15 years or something like that.

It is a joke.

3 at Docklands. However, there were 4 York Park games.

But yes, the last 4 games have been at AO, and this year's fixture will make it 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back