News 2021 St.Kilda AFLW Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomorrow (Sunday, 27 May) at 11.30am the Saints take on Essendon at Trevor Barker Beach Oval in Sandringham.

The match will have both a radio call and video stream.

Radio call from 11am - 'RSN Carnival' digital radio in Melbourne, the RSN Racing & Sport App and rsn.net.au/digital-radio ---- and an 'at the ground only' delay free simulcast on 89.1 FM

Video Stream from 11.30am - VFL website

TEAMS - Note* Current or former AFLW players in bold.

Southern Saints

B: 11. T. Annear, 14. I. Quintal, 26. A. Ryan

HB: 34. S. Casey, 38. S. Karlson, 17. L. Olsen

C: 40. M. Maitland, 2. A. Brown, 31. G. Walker

HF: 12. J. Hull, 15. T. Bohanna, 21. D. Lawrence

F: 27. K. Macqueen, 13. C. Munn, 33. J. Owen

R: 28. R. Watt, 8. A. Drennan, 32. S. Johnson

Int: 35. G. De Angelis, 24. K. Ripari, 22. D. Smith, 7. M. Supple

23P: 39. E. Brown

Emg: 49. A. Allsopp, 43. S. Heath, 9. S. Long, 16. K. Thompson

Essendon

B: 14. J. Barker, 16. L. Morecroft, 15. L. Caruso

HB: 27. A. Morcom, 7. K. Hicks, 25. R. Neaves

C: 44. M. Collier, 8. H. Bullas, 46. C. Ugle

HF: 18. K. Heil, 47. A. Ward, 6. A. Quigley

F: 4. N. Hardy, 12. B. Kearney, 35. V. Moreau

R: 30. S. Nalder, 9. L. Williams, 20. J. Anwyl

Int: 22. N. MacDonald, 26. A. Madden, 37. I. Malliaras, 1. J. Trend

23P: 19. B. Winbanks

Emg: 49. E. Bult, 40. G. Golds, 21. K. McFadyen, 28. C. Portlock

Anyone else think that if the Southern Saints are really part of the club now that they really should have the crest on the jumper?

My daughter is part of the Southern Saints squad, they are absolutely part of the club. Train twice a week at Moorabbin using the facilities, wear the same colours sing the same song. ( not that we hear the men sing it)Basically the same crest on the jumper, the reality is that the club pushed the Bayside, Peninsula theme to obtain the AFLW license hence the Southern Saints.

No doubt will morph into St Kilda in 2020 once in the AFLW.

My daughter is part of the Southern Saints squad, they are absolutely part of the club. Train twice a week at Moorabbin using the facilities, wear the same colours sing the same song. ( not that we hear the men sing it)Basically the same crest on the jumper, the reality is that the club pushed the Bayside, Peninsula theme to obtain the AFLW license hence the Southern Saints.

I think part of the reason they are the 'Southern' Saints was due to some sensitivities with (last year) there already being a St Kilda team in the VFL Women's, the St Kilda Sharks.

Now with the Sharks no longer in the competition (that's a whole big story in itself), and them most likely to align with Sandringham's VFLW team next year, we'll see the 'St Kilda Saints' name in the comp in 2019.

Thank god we have the girls, the only part of the club that is going well ATM. You should be proud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2018-6-24_12-14-31.png

SOUTHERN SAINTS
Goal Kickers: T. Bohanna 3, A. Drennan, L. Arnell, A. Allsopp
Best Players: K. Ripari, S. Heath, M. Macdonald, S. Johnson, L. Arnell, T. Bohanna
NT THUNDER
Goal Kickers: J. Sedunary, L. Roberts
Best Players: K. Streader, J. Anderson, R. Wallace, L. Motlop, A. Foley, J. Allan

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124988984&c=1-118-0-478229-0&pool=1

A Dam good effort considering The NT side has a few of the Adelaide crows AFLW sides best players and before this game NT had belted some of the other VFLW sides including last years premiers (Darebin).

View attachment 516924

SOUTHERN SAINTS
Goal Kickers: T. Bohanna 3, A. Drennan, L. Arnell, A. Allsopp
Best Players: K. Ripari, S. Heath, M. Macdonald, S. Johnson, L. Arnell, T. Bohanna
NT THUNDER
Goal Kickers: J. Sedunary, L. Roberts
Best Players: K. Streader, J. Anderson, R. Wallace, L. Motlop, A. Foley, J. Allan

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124988984&c=1-118-0-478229-0&pool=1

A Dam good effort considering The NT side has a few of the Adelaide crows AFLW sides best players and before this game NT had belted some of the other VFLW sides including last years premiers (Darebin).

George surely this deserves its own thread! Not sure why you would merge it the masses will never find out if its hidden away!

ALSO now it doesnt mention that NT thunder was undefeated until this game

Last edited:
Wow. :thumbsu:

We certainly don't have the Hyundai cars or the cash to woo those big name players our way. The only way we'll compete in the womens competitions with the lax rules around player deals is by creating a footballing system that others want to be a part of. The team has no (or untried) AFLW talent, a similar amount as Essendon's VFL side who are dead bottom, yet keeps racking up wins against stacked opposition. Build it and they will come.

Social media for the team is lazy af, it takes about 12 seconds to send a tweet about the result

Last edited:
George surely this deserves its own thread! Not sure why you would merge it the masses will never find out if its hidden away!

ALSO now it doesnt mention that NT thunder was undefeated until this game
Sorry mate...will leave it in future :thumbsu:

Hey guys,

What do you all think of creating a sub-forum on the board specifically for all things women's footy? VFLW, AFLW, possibly player advocate threads, etc. There's a few other club boards doing it at the moment. With our side in the VFLW this year in preparation for AFLW in 2020, I wanted to run it past you guys, see what you think.

It would be located where The Animal Enclosure and Players Board sub-forums are currently.

Hey guys,

What do you all think of creating a sub-forum on the board specifically for all things women's footy? VFLW, AFLW, possibly player advocate threads, etc. There's a few other club boards doing it at the moment. With our side in the VFLW this year in preparation for AFLW in 2020, I wanted to run it past you guys, see what you think.

It would be located where The Animal Enclosure and Players Board sub-forums are currently.

The only thing I would caution against this is that we seem to struggle getting much engagement with the threads on the sub-boards. I would hope it doesn't become a posting graveyard if put there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back