Preview St Kilda vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we are not a Sh1t club that tanks and we are still a BIG chance to play finals
I would hope our coaches and players think we can and will win every game they go into
If we still need Monty and Roo to win interstate then we have bigger issues than just match day selection

When are we moving past the 33+ year olds?

We should be looking to next year and playing the kids that will be there next year

I see your point but on a small ground like the SCG I think it'll be won on the inside. Provided we don't get blown away early it could come down to the team with more rotations in the middle that can sustain their game to the end.

Bringing in an extra inside mid like Dunstan is a horses for courses selection, the SCG is a smaller ground and the Swans are a strong contested inside team.

Dunstan's lack of speed won't be as much of an issue and he should be ideally suited to a game like this one where there will be a lot of close contested stuff.

Last edited:

If we still need Monty and Roo to win interstate then we have bigger issues than just match day selection

We should be looking to next year and playing the kids that will be there next year

We're still a chance of finals, until we aren't we should be picking our best possible team to win and this week we've done that.

We are outside the 8 on % we should be looking at winning every game we can and playing finals

Bet the dogs are glad they didn't start looking to the next year this time last year

Also we should be playing our best side Nick and Joey both have earn't that at the very least

Seems Warney was in selection committee this week... View attachment 394344
The only marshall I know is (courtesy of my kids):-

latest

We're still a chance of finals, until we aren't we should be picking our best possible team to win and this week we've done that.

Hell yes we have!!! it's a massive credit to Roo & Joey to still get up every week & provide excellent leadership on the ground during games.Great to see some of the old firm still out there and blooding some kids at the same time.

i think we are one inside mid too heavy on. its a common theme of richo coached sides, he leans towards being too heavy on the inside mids and talls. i think he likes the sides that can grind out a win as opposed to quick moving ones

worried about the run and spread
I actually think it just has more to do with the fact that the guys on our list that are more outside just aren't good enough. I think Richo would love to add a couple of quality outside players to that side, but we simply don't have them.

We tried with Long and McKenzie and they are clearly a long way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think it just has more to do with the fact that the guys on our list that are more outside just aren't good enough. I think Richo would love to add a couple of quality outside players to that side, but we simply don't have them.

Absolutely, hence the Kelly love. Last year saints were 14th on clearances. This year, Saints are 3rd. Just fixed the clearances bit. Now, fix the outside run in the 2017 off season.

Finally changes that makes all Saints fans happy. Gilbo out is a massive loss but can't win them all.

Also I appreciate any inside info, but can't our people who are ITK just be gracious when their information comes to fruition?

Very valid point. We desperately need some gut running outside types with good disposal

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was just watching the selection insider video and Marshall is named in the back pocket. Is Marshall replacing Gilbert's role as 3rd tall defender and relief ruckman? I could have sworn he was coming in to play 3rd forward/relief ruck.
Does that mean Acres is going to spend extra time forward. Will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back