Toast St. Kilda Warrior, heart & soul

Remove this Banner Ad

seasonedsainter

All Australian
Mar 20, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mason ******* Wood.

He's about to kick it to Windhager, to put us 3 goals up in our 150th Anniversary game which was unfortunately vs the most despicable and sordid team of all-time, half a second earlier he broke his AC joint in his shoulder for the cause, such is the steel grit of the man.

Mason ******* Wood!

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 22.37.46.png

Last edited:

Guy has skipped about 3 levels. Journeyman type when he joined the club - that game on Saturday night was A grade pushing elite. As good a game as you would see from a winger. If that is the new normal then he is going to be a weapon for us.

I think the form of Wood and Hill this year has been the key difference to last year. They have really connected our defence to our forwards. And both being elite runners means we almost always out number the opposition going either way....there is always an out.

Guy has skipped about 3 levels. Journeyman type when he joined the club - that game on Saturday night was A grade pushing elite. As good a game as you would see from a winger. If that is the new normal then he is going to be a weapon for us.

I think the form of Wood and Hill this year has been the key difference to last year. They have really connected our defence to our forwards. And both being elite runners means we almost always out number the opposition going either way....there is always an out.

Byrnes ability to run two ways and Hunter Clark moving into more of an on ball role too. Much more of a transition game and team defence. There are so many things better than last year already but on top of that Mason has been close to our best player.

i knew he had a problem right away but he still went on with the play which shows real guts and determination . i always thought he was one of those players who pops up now and again but thats all . He has turned his game around just like Jack Sinclair did . Wood could be AA if his injury isnt too bad .

Always knew this guy could play. I remember him slotting it through for Norf against us after the siren to win it for them. I went ... gee this guy has talent.

Was so happy when we picked him up.

Congrats to Mason and hope you are back on the field ASAP.

There's been a lot of talk about our development of kids over the years. But one thing we seem to be able to do reasonably well is make players have break out years in their mid to late 20s.

Steele, Sinclair and now Mason have all gone from good/GOP to AA calibre. Could almost chuck in Wilkie but he's been solid since game 1 and came to us late anyway.

Wood's game was incredible, match winning performance few are capable of IMO. I hope this shoulder doesn't set him too far back because wow. It's players like that taking a step up (or several) which really make a difference to how far a team can go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back