St Kilda: We exist to celebrate mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 1, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Swinburne
St Kilda took to Twitter recently to ask fans what to do with Nick Riewoldt's number 12. Nick Riewoldt has had a glittering career, being a part of "the streak" and a widely celebrated pre-season premiership. St Fiddler supporters responded en masse that Riewoldt's cherished 12 should be retired:
Screenshot_20171104-160828.jpg

There were more, but just take my word for it because nobody wants to read more of these morons dribbling. Not many AFL clubs permanently retire numbers, the most obvious example is Collingwood retiring the 42, and with good reason. However, Riewoldt has achieved nothing other than defending a tip rat racist and crying repeatedly on national TV. Has any fanbase ever before felated so deeply and repeatedly who has achieved so little, and will St Kilda ever experience any kind of success when they continue to celebrate such pathetic careers?

More celebration of mediocrity.

It says a lot about our playing list when I was their best option but we don't get mercenary flogs like Dangerfraud and Gablett coming to our club.

In all seriousness we don't have anyone worthy enough to take the no.12, Nick Riewoldt was an out and out champion that destroyed Harry Taylor in dry conditions during the first half of the 2010 QF, the only time Harry Taylor got on top of Riewoldt was when it was wet which destroyed his marking ability.

• Banned
It says a lot about our playing list when I was their best option but we don't get mercenary flogs like Dangerfraud and Gablett coming to our club.

In all seriousness we don't have anyone worthy enough to take the no.12, Nick Riewoldt was an out and out champion that destroyed Harry Taylor in dry conditions during the first half of the 2010 QF, the only time Harry Taylor got on top of Riewoldt was when it was wet which destroyed his marking ability.
Are you Brad Scott? You've got to learn to play in the wet if you want to win outside of Docklands. Give 12 to a young kid immediately, look at what we did with 5, waited until we though somebody deserved it and gave it to Trav Varcoe. Learn from our mistakes Saints.

You can understand us being gun shy at handing over the numbers of our great players to young players.

Nathan Burke handed over his no.3 to Xavier Clarke and Stewie Loewe handed over his no.23 to Justin Koschitzke.

nathan-burke-of-the-saints-hands-over-his-jumper-to-teammate-xavier-picture-id2390192

135328-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Whoever we give Nick Riewoldt's no.12 to will probably end up being an injury riddled bust.

This is the same club that didn’t just celebrate his last game, but his last TWO games. Anyone would think they’re trying to compensate for a sad history.

Cmon vanilla slice, I despise Nick the Dick as much as any hetero bloke but Brent Harvey had more celebrations than John Farnham had last tours. Didn't Norf announce Boomers retirement early so he could eke out another celebration? Boomer just wouldn't piss off - he even wrote one of Norf's banners last year

Cmon vanilla slice, I despise Nick the Dick as much as any hetero bloke but Brent Harvey had more celebrations than John Farnham had last tours. Didn't Norf announce Boomers retirement early so he could eke out another celebration? Boomer just wouldn't piss off - he even wrote one of Norf's banners last year
He kept having milestone games though, bit of a different story. Only got the one send off though.

Brent Harvey was a premiership player, and holds a worthwhile record. And how many raffles did Riewoldt ever win?

Didn't Geelong retire the number 5 for awhile after Ablett retired? What did he win apart from a couple of Colemans?
If you're going to talk s**t at least read through the thread and see that I've already acknowledged that we did it and it was huge mistake.

If you're going to talk s**t at least read through the thread and see that I've already acknowledged that we did it and it was huge mistake.
Apologies i only read the Op and then Pluggers responses to see how melty they were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kept having milestone games though, bit of a different story. Only got the one send off though.

Norf had to drag Brent Harvey into retirement kicking and screaming though, good guy Nick had the grace and class to retire before he got pushed.

Bob Murphy played on one year too long too, he selfishly thought he could play on one more year thinking the Dogs were a genuine premiership team.

He didn't realise that the AFL had thrown the Bullflogs premiership fairytale script in the bin and replaced it with the Tuggers premiership fairytale script.

Often people are born into following a club... you didn't choose it, but you have to stick to it.
You think we all went out and chose the Saints, decades years ago, on the basis that it was the club most likely to burn a dwarf?
No, but you can refuse to celebrate their fake achievements.

You can understand us being gun shy at handing over the numbers of our great players to young players.

Nathan Burke handed over his no.3 to Xavier Clarke and Stewie Loewe handed over his no.23 to Justin Koschitzke.

135328-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Whoever we give Nick Riewoldt's no.12 to will probably end up being an injury riddled bust.
Haha Kozi looks so special in that photo

Often people are born into following a club... you didn't choose it, but you have to stick to it.
You think we all went out and chose the Saints, decades years ago, on the basis that it was the club most likely to burn a dwarf?

People hang s**t on Saints supporters for having one flag and heaps of wooden spoons.

We knew that when we signed up to be Saints supporters, if we cared about premierships and spoons from the olden days we'd be Big 4 supporters.

I barrack for St Kilda because I like barracking for the underdog and there's no bigger AFL underdog than St Kilda now the Dogs have won another flag.

As in special ed. That dude was dizzier than a ****in top.

Still a far better player than Tom Boyd.

People hang s**t on Saints supporters for having one flag and heaps of wooden spoons.

We knew that when we signed up to be Saints supporters, if we cared about premierships and spoons from the olden days we'd be Big 4 supporters.

I barrack for St Kilda because I like barracking for the underdog and there's no bigger AFL underdog than St Kilda now the Dogs have won another flag.

Still a far better player than Tom Boyd.

#oneistheloneliestnumber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back