Discussion St Kilda's LGBT Pride guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a cynic but it's about merchandise/sales, lets be honest.
You're a cynic. I'm fairly sure that promoting LGBT pride is not the biggest money spinner the saints could think of.

They're selling rainbow beanies and scarves, and heat-pressing the numbers onto guernseys, though I've not heard anything about monetising the numbers, but I'd be surprised if they're not.

Realistically, they wouldn't sell many of them, I can't imagine there's a large market for them, though are a very nice touch.

I'd like to see the jumper left alone. But a side strip on the shorts of the rainbow would be a nice touch.

I'd like to see the jumper left alone. But a side strip on the shorts of the rainbow would be a nice touch.
If you don't touch the jumper, you don't get attention and if you don't get attention, you may as well have done nothing at all.

What did they change on the jumper? It's literally the exact same for both sides minus the numbers. If you wouldn't complain about a yellow cuff or a little patch why would you worry about what bloody colour the number is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with the Saints having rainbow numbers the Swans probably couldn't do much due to a potential clash. Still, you'd think the socks are far enough away from the back of the jumper they could have made more of an effort, though it is a St Kilda initiative.

I think with the Saints having rainbow numbers the Swans probably couldn't do much due to a potential clash. Still, you'd think the socks are far enough away from the back of the jumper they could have made more of an effort, though it is a St Kilda initiative.
Port Adelaide have white numbers, and away teams wear white against them. There is not a clash in the world caused by jumper numbers.

Sorry for late notice and for being slightly off-topic, but I have 2 tickets to the game that I want to give away. They're level 1 in one of the corners. My uncle passed away this weekend so I'd already canceled my trip down but haven't got anyone who can use them. I'd prefer to give them to someone from this board and I don't want any cash as long as they get used. First in gets them via email as long as you can print them out yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back