Strategy St Kilda's new President

It's common knowledge now that Bassat is taking over isn't it?

Was on the radio news this afternoon. Worst kept secret if they wanted it to be...which I’m sure they didn’t.

Why hold on until December to announce it officially?
I think they will "officially" announce it at the next AGM which is in December.

Doing it proper, yada yada yada. Bassat would have taken over and already made change by that point anyway.

Why hold on until December to announce it officially?

Transition period and tenures don't end until they're due to renewal generally. No need to fiddle with things like severance clauses when you can simply wait a little bit and clean transition.

I think they will "officially" announce it at the next AGM which is in December.

Doing it proper, yada yada yada. Bassat would have taken over and already made change by that point anyway.
Actually I was thinking it will get announced at the Best and Fairest.

saints man

Senior List
Mar 26, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did any one ever think that we would have have a president who would be able to get a company like deliveroo on board as a sponsor? I didn’t. They are a international major corporation. With a 2 billion net worth and hoping at their next evaluation it has risen too 4 billion. Amazon invested 575 million dollars into the company. I am pretty blown away learning about this.

Did any one ever think that we would have have a president who would be able to get a company like deliveroo on board as a sponsor? I didn’t. They are a international major corporation. With a 2 billion net worth and hoping at their next evaluation it has risen too 4 billion. Amazon invested 575 million dollars into the company. I am pretty blown away learning about this.
All that counts is how much $$$ they're pumping into the club

I was pretty hopeful saintsman that Prez and the board would have been working on things during the season........all very quiet and low key.

But wow...….that was some announcement yesterday.

The thing that got me excited with Prez is that with his company.....he has international reach.

Access to companies here and overseas.

As you say....it's a tremendous coup...…...I must admit I didn't know how big Deliveroo was until yesterday's announcement.

All that counts is how much $$$ they're pumping into the club

Yeah, I remember a few years ago there was a sponsors money list and we were last.

saints man

Senior List
Mar 26, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was pretty hopeful saintsman that Prez and the board would have been working on things during the season........all very quiet and low key.

But wow...….that was some announcement yesterday.

The thing that got me excited with Prez is that with his company.....he has international reach.

Access to companies here and overseas.

As you say....it's a tremendous coup...…...I must admit I didn't know how big Deliveroo was until yesterday's announcement.
Smart move by deliverroo also as no one really uses the app. Also smart move by saints to find a company that has a need to get into a market. Lets see how much this sponsor ship deal helps the club

Well guys, I did my bit by ordering a couple of pizzas for the family via Deliveroo. Hope Nick Riewoldt doesn't mind cycling to France, he had better get a wriggle on though.

I personally don't like "disruptive" industries, they are a way of making people work for insanely low wages. They screw over the restaurants that use them too. I'm glad they are giving us some of their advertising budget but won't use them still.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I personally don't like "disruptive" industries, they are a way of making people work for insanely low wages. They screw over the restaurants that use them too. I'm glad they are giving us some of their advertising budget but won't use them still.
Ah, that's my vice Gringo. Don't drink, smoke, gamble, cheat, rob or even litter, but I guess there will be a special chair in hell reserved for me due to all my illegal MP3 downloads, Amazon purchases and now Deliveroo orders.

Ah, that's my vice Gringo. Don't drink, smoke, gamble, cheat, rob or even litter, but I guess there will be a special chair in hell reserved for me due to all my illegal MP3 downloads, Amazon purchases and now Deliveroo orders.

Hey I drove a car into Nante, that was about 4 hours to get 20 kms, I'd be making some immigrant ride my orders around for $2 as well. ;)

Back