Society/Culture St. Patrick's Day is akin to Nazism

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've obviously never met an Irish person in your life going by your gross stereotypes.

Irish in large swarms, drinking beer is far from a stereotype

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Not all Irish speak English.

I never said they did. We were talking about white supremisists. You cant even folow your own inane points.

Right, so scrutiny over a white Christian European nation affiliated holiday in the age of Trump is on the same level as blowing up the planet now? :rolleyes: Sounds like you're having a tantrum.

Not at all, im showing how ludicist your scorched earth policy is on this by applying the same logic on a grander scale.

I never said they did. We were talking about white supremisists. You cant even folow your own inane points.

LOL, they don't all speak English either.

Not at all, im showing how ludicist your scorched earth policy is on this by applying the same logic on a grander scale.

It isn't anything like the same logic, I didn't suggest genocide or killing. You're being silly in thinking that the only alternative to resisting division by race, religion, sex and nationality is to blow up the entire planet.

This is an entirely dopey thread from an identity politics troll.

But at least it provided an opportunity to post this.

Do you really think the PM there didn't know what Trump was trying to use the day for? It's obviously why he mentioned immigration and America's recent failures on it, to subvert Trump's attempted narrative.

LOL, they don't all speak English either.

I never said they did either.

But the real point of interest is what point you think you are making with this line of argument, even if you wern't mistaken by what I have said.

It isn't anything like the same logic, I didn't suggest genocide or killing. You're being silly in thinking that the only alternative to resisting division by race, religion, sex and nationality is to blow up the entire planet.

If were gonna ban things because white supremisists MIGHT use it as an opportunity to express white supremacy, then why not?

I never said they did either.

But the real point of interest is what point you think you are making with this line of argument, even if you wern't mistaken by what I have said.

I just don't think we should generalise, that's probably the core message here.

If were gonna ban things because white supremisists MIGHT use it as an opportunity to express white supremacy, then why not?

At the very least because it would be best to limit destruction to the types of things that are likely to be exploited and have already been exploited by such movements, and which are racist themselves anyway, rather than petulantly proposing to blow up the entire universe because you don't agree with rooting out white nationalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The girl in the photo sounds pretty stupid if she actually believes that St. Patrick's day is some sort of white supremacy. Sometimes a day is just a day and there doesn't need to be political discourse about it.
A clearly made-up meme designed to fuel outrage about how white people are constantly being victimised. It is a laughable attempt by the OP and should be rightly ridiculed. Can't believe I even entered a thread that was Godwinned from the outset.

It has everything to do with race, Irish people are predominantly white and denying that majority doesn't help anyone, this is a great opportunity for people to use St Patrick's Day as a cover for their white nationalism and to genuinely hurt people, so I'm glad people are somewhat awake to this possibility. It really is a numbers game, if we can help at least one person then it will be worth it.

The image is irrelevant, it's just a shortcut for the many op-eds you can find online which argue the same points.

There is no white race or white culture. Never has been never will be.

Youre behaving like a white nationalist with a victim complex imo.

A clearly made-up meme designed to fuel outrage about how white people are constantly being victimised.

LOL what? There is more to this than simply a meme, and at no stage was this thread about white victimisation, it's about generalisations and using a particular holiday as a cover for white nationalism.

There is no white race or white culture. Never has been never will be.

Youre behaving like a white nationalist with a victim complex imo.

Hardly, a white nationalist wouldn't be warning about white nationalism.

I wasn't making the point that there is white culture or white race, it's not an important part of this thread, so I'm not going to bother debating that.

No white Culture? Ever heard of Western Civilisation?

I think he's probably going to attribute that to various culture within Europe which were white, rather than whiteness being a culture of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back