Autopsy STACK at it again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Former Richmond footy player Sydney Stack will face court next month over a raft of serious driving charges, including drink driving without a licence.
The Herald Sun can reveal the recently delisted Stack will face the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on February 1 for a mention hearing relating to six charges including drink driving, unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle.

The former Tiger has also been charged with two counts of entering an intersection against a red traffic light.

Some Idiots just don't change why we gave him so many chances I'll never know. Glad to see the back of him.

In my (long ago) youth I have done all of these: unlicensed driving, unregistered vehicle and being over the limit.

BUT, in those instances I didn't speed or run red lights or anything else that causes you to get pulled over.
That's the bit that always frustrates me about things like this. If you're going to gamble by being on the road illegitimately - at least do what you can to get the odds in your favour.

In my (long ago) youth I have done all of these: unlicensed driving, unregistered vehicle and being over the limit.

BUT, in those instances I didn't speed or run red lights or anything else that causes you to get pulled over.
That's the bit that always frustrates me about things like this. If you're going to gamble by being on the road illegitimately - at least do what you can to get the odds in your favour.
Stupid is stupid.

exactly right...many years ago in central QLD...driving from work to singleman's quarters...a distance of 15 klms...I ended up in a car pool with 5 other young guys... We drove an EH holden Station wagon that had been left behind by a Lecky who went back to Scotland...keys still innit! It was unregistered, had three bald tyres and it leaked oil which needed a top up every time we fuelled up with petrol! It had one number plate on the front, rust in the floor but clean as a whistle on the outside. We drove that EH for 8 months taking it in turns to drive during the working week. I was the Monday driver, I figured if I got through Monday I was right for the rest of the week! (anybody that took a sickie, it was agreed should drive their first day back, some took 3 sick days, had to drive for three days straight!) Nobody drove their car better than we did...admittedly we were a tad rough coming back from work on Friday evenings because of the beer drunk in the back...from the friday morning bought slab of VB! But we were sweet for 8 months!

If he has to attend court in Melbourne maybe he can get a go at the last SSP spot....... LOL

There's been a reason no one else wants him. All the talent in the world and just wont ever have the discipline to get fit and focus on his footy.

Would be surprised if he has the professionalism to even cut it in the WAFL.

If he has to attend court in Melbourne maybe he can get a go at the last SSP spot....... LOL

There's been a reason no one else wants him. All the talent in the world and just wont every have the discipline to get fit and focus on his footy.

Would be surprised if he has the professionalism to even cut it in the WAFL.
Such a pity. Absolute A grader in talent, just not in attitude and brains.

exactly right...many years ago in central QLD...driving from work to singleman's quarters...a distance of 15 klms...I ended up in a car pool with 5 other young guys... We drove an EH holden Station wagon that had been left behind by a Lecky who went back to Scotland...keys still innit! It was unregistered, had three bald tyres and it leaked oil which needed a top up every time we fuelled up with petrol! It had one number plate on the front, rust in the floor but clean as a whistle on the outside. We drove that EH for 8 months taking it in turns to drive during the working week. I was the Monday driver, I figured if I got through Monday I was right for the rest of the week! (anybody that took a sickie, it was agreed should drive their first day back, some took 3 sick days, had to drive for three days straight!) Nobody drove their car better than we did...admittedly we were a tad rough coming back from work on Friday evenings because of the beer drunk in the back...from the friday morning bought slab of VB! But we were sweet for 8 months!
Not condoning it now, but back in the day in rural NSW.
Local cops were quite OK with finding a capable unlicensed 15 year old behind the wheel with adults who couldn't even stand as passengers.
Or a slightly over driver - but nowhere near as pissed as the rest of the passengers - got a quiet nod of approval and told to drive safely.
When nearest pub is 40km away there was a little bit of understanding around the need for farmers to have some sort of social interaction.

You drunk again ??

Such a sad story. Just feel so sorry for him.
Where are the cry babies now who threw hissy fits that we delisted him?

Still here, still sad.

No longer saying he deserves a list spot, but I hope he keeps working on making better choices and surrounds himself with good people. Sydney's story is full of trauma, so I can't imagine how hard he is working everyday. I'll never understand what some of these kids have gone through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing you, many have technically driven unregistered if we paid the renewal late, and/or, if you love a beer you have probably been a tincy bit over the limit driving, and, who hasn't wished they tried to pull up at that traffic lights after all - think I just made it.......!!!! Given he's driven unlicenced in conjuction with all those other things I'd suggest it's not all that unfortunate. He's dumb and until he wises up we will see more of this from him sadly.

Last edited:
"Belief" the book written detailing Marlion Pickett's life leading up to his AFL career sheds light on the difficulties players like Stack grow up in and are shaped by. Very good read.
Yep, at Stacks age, Pickett had been out of jail for less then 12 months after serving 30 months? There is still plenty of time for Stack to make better decisions. . But it doesn't help with all the negative stigma from everyone that have never walked in their shoes.

Troubled former @Richmond_FC player Sydney stack has fallen foul of the law again. The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 dollar fine after swinging punches at a man in Perth’s nightclub district. He claims it was self-defence.

Watch news report here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack pleads guilty to disorderly behaviour in public after punch up

He claimed he has ‘just got people trying to bring me down’ while leaving Perth Magistrates’ Court.

Harrison Reid
7AFL
13 January 2023

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack has pleaded guilty to fighting on the streets of Perth’s nightclub district, Northbridge.

The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 fine, suspended for three months, after he was caught shaping up to another male before he started swinging punches.

He pleaded guilty to one charge of disorderly behaviour in public from an incident on a night out celebrating his cousin’s 21st birthday.

He appeared before Perth Magistrates’ Court on Friday, telling 7NEWS exclusively after the hearing that it was in “self-defense”.

“I’ve just got people trying to bring me down, mate, that’s it,” Stack told 7NEWS while walking out of court.

In September 2020, Stack was involved in a fight outside a Gold Coast strip club that saw him sent home from Richmond’s COVID hub.

Later that year, he spent Christmas behind bars after breaching Western Australia’s COVID quarantine restrictions - caught in an altercation, also in Northbridge.

Stack was delisted by Richmond at the end of last season.

He has been linked to a possible WAFL return. It isn’t clear how this latest incident will affect his football career.

Former Richmond star pleads guilty to fighting on night out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back