Stacks on - Who is your favourite of our emerging 5?

Who is your favourite of the emerging 5?

• Balta

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Ross

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Baker

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Stack

Votes: 110 52.4%
  • Higgins

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Cholly

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Bolton

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people have forgotten about Miller as so little gets mentioned about him both on forums and the club, Its looking like this kid is a slow burn and needs alot of development but if he makes it it would be a super super Bonus.

Hope it all happens for him and he makes it to be our 'Astbury' replacement

That would be a good outcome. I know he's been likened to Astbury but the first player I think of is Steven May. That is not to say he is destined to be, but that's what some his traits remind me of. Ben Miller is a unit, 2mm or so taller than May and getting that robust sized backside and movement about him.

I think most people have forgotten about Miller as so little gets mentioned about him both on forums and the club, Its looking like this kid is a slow burn and needs alot of development but if he makes it it would be a super super Bonus.

Hope it all happens for him and he makes it to be our 'Astbury' replacement
Would have said the same until his 3rd or 4th Q in the VFL from memory at CHF. Led up hard, picked the ball of the deck like a small and was very clean, looked every bit a forward. Can also ruck. To me Balta is Astbury's replacement. Rance and Balta as key backs would be exciting.

Love a good back story,which is good for Stack and Higgins. Love a draft steal (still smile at getting Grimes the way we did) too. Love the hardness of Stack, the enthusiasm of Higgins, Baker's mullet and the sheer raw athletic ability of Balta. My head tells me that Ross has shown the most. But it also (because it loves quirky things) has a soft spot for the two hyphens simply in the hope that they will atone for Oakleigh-Nichols.

Long One - Sorry.

I'm not really voting for anyone player here.

Here is a quote for reflection purposes:

Hardwick admitted his opinion of Rance’s football talent had changed quite markedly over the years.
“I often joke to him, my first year (as coach) I was prepared to trade him for a six-pack of Coronas at one stage,” Hardwick said.

(here is the article: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-06-01/rance-goes-from-beer-to-champagne)

That year was 2009.

Rance was born October 89.

That means that at the age of 20 - his coach said (somewhat jokingly) the above mentioned.

Balta is 19 (march 99) - Who thinks Dimma wants to trade him for some Coronas? Just saying.

Now I know that there are a lot of chances for paths to fork... But think about whether the coaching ability at Punt road is better now, or in 2009. The support for him to go further is in place. Think about the fact that he could turn out to be freaking anything. 3 games - 3 goals. Not bad for a chop out ruckman come KPP or what ever he is...

Then secondly, I am terming a phrase:

"The Stack pack" makes me drool a little - I don't think enough can be said for the astute planning of creating the Korin Gamadji Institute (KGI). We struggled so much to attract and retain talent universally, let alone the indigenous talent. I think about the revelation that JON couldn't read and no one knew until he got to WCE - now admittedly he was not up to it, but we should have known that coming in, not after he left...

Anyway, fast forward 2 or 3 (even 4 years) you have Rioli, Stack, Bolton (because I believe he'll make it now) all supporting a 19 year old Maurice Jnr, In a positive environment running rampant, led by their line coach a recently retired Shedda. It's X factor central...

Imagine trying to coach against that? It is going to be beautiful!

Bring it.

Then finally... Cast your minds back to draft day 2009... The OG Man Child... Ross is the same. Except he seems more comfortable. Now where is the happiness line.? I'm saying "If Jack Ross is 60% 70% as good as D Martin" are you happy...

What strikes me as the most amazing thing is how calm he is with the ball in his hand. Like he was meant to be there all along. First game, a minute to go (I don't remember how long exactly - but you'll remember) intercept marks, and then instinctively tells the team to "be cool" i've got this. That is not learned - at least not in game 1, it's instinct and comfort.

Good thing he plays for us then, as he doesn't have to worry about Jack kicking 10 on him.

Yes is it, and oh how good would be if Jack could do that every game he played on May going forward at the little devils.

What excite me the most about having kids like Balta , Stack , Bolton , Ross , RCD , Turner these days is that i now feel confident that we can develop them to become the best possible player they can become.

Our development coaches are amongst the best in the league and the kids are getting the best coaching they can in their early years at the club
Our role models and leaders are also amongst the best in the league with players like Jack,Cotchin,Rance,Grimes,Vlastuin,Houli,Grigg,Astbury,Edwards,Caddy,Lynch,Prestia all being good leaders with experience

The young players also have the best players in the league to learn from on what it needs to take to make it at this level to this standards

Rance,Grimes,Vlastuin,Astbury,Houli in the backline helping the young defenders learn about what to do and how to do it
Riewoldt,Caddy,Lynch in the foward line doing the same with the young fowards

The young kids at the club now have the best chance to be the Best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Balta will become the most important of that lot. In a few years his size, tank and skillset will dominate the competition.

For now though I can't go past Stack. He is ultimately composed and is Tough as Nails. The same can be said for Ross as well. How these blokes went as far down as they did is absolutely beyond me. What are our recruiters seeing that others don't?

Incredible start to the careers of Stack and Ross. I have to go Stack though, amazing to be that hard at the contest and also have so much composure. He is like a Campbell Brown combined with a Bob Murphy. Hope he can keep it going.

We have turned over a third of the list since the flag.

Out: Ivan Maric, Chris Yarran, Steve Morris, Todd Elton, Taylor Hunt, Jake Batchelor, Ben Lennon, Ben Griffiths, Shaun Hampson, Reece Conca, Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis, Sam Lloyd, Tyson Stengle, Nathan Drummond

In: Jack Higgins, Callum Coleman-Jones, Noah Balta, Patrick Naish, Ben Miller, Liam Baker, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Tom Lynch, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Ross, Fraser Turner, Luke English, Jake Aarts, Maverick Weller, Sydney Stack

Definitely a much stronger list now.

Love them all but Stack is my favourite just ahead of Higgins and Ross.

Stacks the full package got it all, toughness, footy iq, speed, class. Is not a just a promising player, hes already a gun.

Higgins, underrated not only across the competition but also with our own supporters, people dont realise how good this kid already is and will be. Not super quick, not super skilled, but one of the best footy brains, understands the game and where to be. Boomer Harvey mkII

Ross moves like and reminds me of Dayne Beams, very cool in traffic, no fuss, just gets it done.

Like everyone else excited about what Balta could develop into

Incredible start to the careers of Stack and Ross. I have to go Stack though, amazing to be that hard at the contest and also have so much composure. He is like a Campbell Brown combined with a Bob Murphy. Hope he can keep it going.
96327a5b32f6b0f04aae0998045dc19f (1).gif

Out: Ivan Maric, Chris Yarran, Steve Morris, Todd Elton, Taylor Hunt, Jake Batchelor, Ben Lennon, Ben Griffiths, Shaun Hampson, Reece Conca, Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis, Sam Lloyd, Tyson Stengle, Nathan Drummond

In: Jack Higgins, Callum Coleman-Jones, Noah Balta, Patrick Naish, Ben Miller, Liam Baker, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Tom Lynch, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Ross, Fraser Turner, Luke English, Jake Aarts, Maverick Weller, Sydney Stack

Crazy how we’re rebuilding whilst remaining in contention. The club is in good hands.

BUT RICHMOND DONT HAVE DEPTH!

One not in the top 5 but not talked about here is Miller. Missed the JLT and first 2 games with appendix op, but there was a couple of passages of play in the VFL match v Port when he was CHF that reeked of class. Big, strong and quick and good of the ground, second ruck/or CHF in waiting, and it let's Balta settle back at CHB where he belongs. Miller held Full Back for most of last year and from what I saw wasn't often beaten, whilst only 18 years old.
Like the way you think
Reckon Miller is a real Smokey
Just has something about him
Could be a real talent

Stack , Ross and Bata all look like guns of the future, however I am excited by Fraser Turner. This kid just oozes talent. I believe he'll be a gun and will debut before seasons end.
He only made it into this draft year by four days, so he's virtually a bottom-ager. A lot of potential once his body and his footy smarts develop. Will be a great winger in years to come.

Back