Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll apologise in advance but the notion of not being able to finish a Toohey's Extra Dry (or Hahn Super Dry) is absolutely ridiculous.

It's designed solely to be the most inoffensive beer possible. There isn't a strong enough flavour to dislike. It's designed from the ground up to be a beer that anyone can drink.

I totally get that you could say that you wouldn't be interested in buying another one, but anyone who says they "couldn't finish" one of those beers is lying.
Lol, ok. I'm down for drinking tasteless beers. I don't mind drinking coopers clear or super dry but TED is awful, has a shocking after taste and they alway seem flat.

Resch's is okay. It's a real old school front bar type of beer. I miss those old school front bars.

I am talking about 1960's and 1970's. Resch's is now owned by CUB and like most of the multi national brews it has changed over the years. Years ago Fosters, Fourex etc. all had unique taste to cater to individual state markets but now they are produced for a national market by one or two international brewers.

I should add Corona to my list of 'non preferred'. Any beer that you have to drink with a slice of lemon in it has to be sus. The women love it though. I quite like Carlton Cold but I tried one with lime in it once and could not figure out why anyone would want to ruin good beer with lime. Then I realised they were probably aiming at a share of the Corona market. One thing about Corona it is a bottled beer so it is consistent from pub to pub.

On that issue we have to be a bit careful when judging beer brands because some pubs are managed by people with no idea. The lines are not cleaned or replaced regularly, the kegs are are not set up correctly and the glasses are old stock and are not washed correctly. I have two choices down this way, I can drink a pint at $5.50 in a flat glass or drink a pint at $6.50 in a decent glass. The later is in an old style pub run by a lessee publican the other is in a group pub run by a manager with no ******* idea. It makes a difference to the beer.

Looks like someone has to start a beer thread because we are drifting off topic.

Last edited:

Skyrocketing? Maybe the gourmet hot dogs; the rest just slightly more exorbitant:

2015 v 2016 food and drink prices

GOURMET HOT DOGS

Start from $7, to $7.50

PIES

$5.20 to $5.30

HAHN SUPER DRY

$8.80 to $8.90

SOFT DRINK

$5.30 to $5.40

HOT CHIPS

$5 (no increase)

WATER

$5 (no increase)

COFFEE

$4.50 (no increase)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...211ff43d201eeb593308a88fb#load-story-comments
I don't spend a cent inside Adelaide Oval so the actual prices don't bother me at all but how can the SMA justify the food and drink being so much more expensive than that at the MCG?

Capture.JPG

I don't spend a cent inside Adelaide Oval so the actual prices don't bother me at all but how can the SMA justify the food and drink being so much more expensive than that at the MCG?

View attachment 225326
Hot Chips aren't $5.
At all forms of cricket I've attended at AO in summer chips have been at least $5.1-$5.2 .

Carlton Draught, TEDS, any American lager.. all piss water supremely drinkable in bulk quantities. Not sure how they could be classed as difficult to down. That being said I struggle with Crown Lager, although persist with it for the Australian Old Man Status points it yields me.

View attachment 225326
dont you know ?? its all the GDV's fault they have to up the prices that's what they will say you can bet on it

'cause we all want $4.90 change rattling around your pocket
No you don't that's why they sell the shitty item next to it for $3.90 and you can walk away with a shiny dollar in change.

Interesting that the shield game wasnt program for AO. The footy season control starts on 15th March and SMA imposed that in the SACA and the last shield game is at Glenelg. Will be interesting if somehow SA was able to pinch a home final ie Qld lose and get knocked out of 3rd and Vic -1st and NSW - 3rd draw if they will at the last minute schedule it for AO.

Interesting that the shield game wasnt program for AO. The footy season control starts on 15th March and SMA imposed that in the SACA and the last shield game is at Glenelg. Will be interesting if somehow SA was able to pinch a home final ie Qld lose and get knocked out of 3rd and Vic -1st and NSW - 3rd draw if they will at the last minute schedule it for AO.

When is the final scheduled REH?
They have the WC qualifier being played there next Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the final scheduled REH?
They have the WC qualifier being played there next Thursday
Ah well there you go. The SMA will make more money out of that so thats why they wont be flexible for cricket. I assume the pitches have been pulled out or if not will be by the time of the game next week. Ok my mistake the shield final is over easter not starting early next week so no chance at AO if redbacks get a home final. NSW 's current dominance of their shield game in Alice v Vic will probably mean they host it but the SCG will be out of action as the swans game v collingwood has been transfered there.

I wish Rucci or someone would confirm the the Socceroos game the SANFL dont get the 20-25% sales commission on catering sales and that stays with the SMA so they can make the contribution to the Sinking Fund as per the AO legislation and the first contribution of $2.7m is due on 1st September this year. If the SANFL dont get the commission then thats a fair chunk paid off by getting this game.

I hope our stadium deal isnt to contribute to the Sinking Fund. That way the SMA has to get off its arse and go and get events so it can pay that contribution.

John Olsen made an absolute fool of himself in his interview on 5AA. Credit to Bickley who was prepared to ask questions that needed to be asked unlike Rowe.

Is there a link to the interview anywhere?

John Olsen made an absolute fool of himself in his interview on 5AA. Credit to Bickley who was prepared to ask questions that needed to be asked unlike Rowe.

So apparently the MCG, SCG and Etihad can offer cheaper food, beer etc due to buying power. s**t, I would have thought an average of 45,000 patrons a week would have given you rather significant buying power John.

So apparently the MCG, SCG and Etihad can offer cheaper food, beer etc due to buying power. s**t, I would have thought an average of 45,000 patrons a week would have given you rather significant buying power John.

Olsen spent a lot of time discussing the value in a Barossa Fine Foods hotdog for $7.50
I purchased a Barossa Fine Foods hotdog last Friday night at Hindmarsh stadium for $5. But...... That cannot be right because Hindmarsh stadium wouldn't have the purchasing power?
Maybe I must be imagining it after some of those $7 beers. Hang on.... Beers are cheaper there as well. But how??? Mr Olsen?

I accidentally heard the interview - he must think everyone is a dickhead - either that or he's ******* senile or delusional - in any case he needs to be removed he's clearly incapable of holding the position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back