Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Garibaldi Red

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or in the GDV thread. The SMA are operating a craft brew bar on the Festival Centre side of the footbridge.

The article goes on to talk about attracting footy crowds. I wonder if that will impact on the GDV.

I have only included the first couple of paragraphs but couldn’t find the article online (didn’t search too hard either).

2D36846E-B35E-4A68-8B8F-FAD19CC5A0E5.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raptalia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Looks expensive but that is to be expected if the SMA have anything to do with it.

So it is going to offer 'something for everyone', yeah right. I had a look at the Maltshovel Taphouse web site and there is no on line menu with prices on food and drinks and there has to be a reason for that.

DaTBird187

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or in the GDV thread. The SMA are operating a craft brew bar on the Festival Centre side of the footbridge.

The article goes on to talk about attracting footy crowds. I wonder if that will impact on the GDV.

I have only included the first couple of paragraphs but couldn’t find the article online (didn’t search too hard either).

View attachment 591698
Hahahahaha. Malt Shovel Tap House aka James Squires aka Lion Nathan aka Kirin Holdings one of the worlds largest drinks conglomerates.

Try again SMA you ******* frauds.

NoddyHolder

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SMA could try selling a wide range of tasty beverages at affordable prices inside the stadium - then patrons wouldn't feel the need to get a gutful before entering the ground - and then sma wouldn't have to set up a venue across the rive to cater for said patrons

or is that too simple?

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SMA are campaigners volume 786.

So drinking beers out the back at the cricket. In a round with 3 other blokes. Come 5pm suddenly you are only allowed to buy 2 at a time. So basically you had buy 2, give them to 2 of your mates, go back and buy another 2. WTF is wrong with these campaigners? My hatred for them grows by the second.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Thread starter #7,033
Was at the cricket today. Seriously looked like there would have been about 10K there judging by our football crowds. The attendance figure flashed up on the screen was 30K. LOL.
Did you go out the back of the western stand to the Village Green? If you have never been there, you would be surprised that there are thousands of people who spend the day there, watching between 0 and 10 overs in a days play.

Pt Augusta Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 591698
Haha- makes sense now.

I went there for lunch on Friday. My beer glass was chipped and had lipstick on it. I ordered a $15 ‘rotisserie roll’ that was a stale bun with three pieces of extraordinarily fatty lamb and a few pieces of fennel.

Took 30 minutes to get my stale lamb fat roll.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Did you go out the back of the western stand to the Village Green? If you have never been there, you would be surprised that there are thousands of people who spend the day there, watching between 0 and 10 overs in a days play.
Yep, the Village Green is comfortably the most densely populated area in the ground and it's not even close. I'd say conservatively there were 3000-4000 people out the back of the members at any given time.

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

So drinking beers out the back at the cricket. In a round with 3 other blokes. Come 5pm suddenly you are only allowed to buy 2 at a time. So basically you had buy 2, give them to 2 of your mates, go back and buy another 2. WTF is wrong with these campaigners? My hatred for them grows by the second.
You sure that is them and not a policy recommended to them by liquor licensing?

Sent from mTalk

theDuckFarmer

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots, Mitchelton-Scott
Yeah I know, but not 20K though.

Wind Power

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 591698
Lol

Lion Nathan craft beer :drunk:

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Thread starter #7,041
Yeah I know, but not 20K though.
Cricket people come and go all day. They stay for part of the game not a full game like footy. How packed was the upper deck of Riverbank stand? That's also where the SACA 27,000 members get access to.and people come and go from that area.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Hotel at Adelaide Oval approved according to Adelaide Now.

My fondest memory of that side of Adelaide Oval was when a mate and I got yelled at by a redcoat for climbing up on those sculpture thingies on the Victor Richardson Gates to catch a glimpse of a beige clad Lance Cairns going boonta with an oddly shaped bat...

DSL64

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
My fondest memory of that side of Adelaide Oval was when a mate and I got yelled at by a redcoat for climbing up on those sculpture thingies on the Victor Richardson Gates to catch a glimpse of a beige clad Lance Cairns going boonta with an oddly shaped bat...
The bat was called the Excalibur - made by Newbery.
I owned one in my youth. The shoulders were shaved off. It was a like club.

You really couldn't miss-hit, the whole blade was basically the sweet spot...

DaTBird187

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
The bat was called the Excalibur - made by Newbery.
I owned one in my youth. The shoulders were shaved off. It was a like club.

You really couldn't miss-hit, the whole blade was basically the sweet spot...
I loved the Newbury bats when I was a kid.

I had a DF Ian Botham Attack though.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 591698
I’ll take th3 chicken, lamb or beef please.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide

That shit happens here for special licenses and is imposed by the liquor commission.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Never seen it before and I've been drinking piss out the back of AO Test match for 25 years. Also why would the AO have a special license? Also, if it was a day/night test would this 5pm rule exist?
Even with big brother breathing down our neck the last special license that I was involved with here changed from max 4 per person to 2 at 10pm for the last hour of trade only. The license conditions may have changed when the SMA took control. Would be worth having a look at. Quite possibly just a lazy way of implementing RSA.

Top Bottom