Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

PowerBaz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t mind money being given to Geelong as long as they ******* make the ground wider so it looks like an oval instead of the **** they have right now...

I remember living in Werribee when my dad got a transfer in the early 90's.

Our new neighbour said Hi, lets go the footy, Geelong v Melbourne at Kardinia.

As you view it on TV now we stood on the concrete hill bottom left of the TV - all I remember was the driving bloody rain, miserable wether and my dad having to drive my neighbours shitty 4WD home because he decided to get on the VB's and get hammered.

I did learn the Little River band was named after the sign post to 'Little River' a town on the old Melb/Geelong highway, the back rd we took.

Fun fact for the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you are in a footy club in a marginal seat, both state and federal, you get the gifts.
It's too late for this bribes election, but anyone enrolled in Hindmarsh that's a Port supporter should be voting Liberal. They aren't going to win anyway, but move the dial closer to marginal seat so the club can get some largesse thrown at them next time around.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Thread starter #7,705
Last week, Monday or Tuesday I believe, after OUR home showdown, the crows merch van was still parked on the eastern plaza.
No sign of it having been a Port Adelaide home game as usual.
Take photos with a time date stamp, maybe a video with that days paper as proof, build up about 3 or 4 examples if each and then send to Mulligan so he can bag SMA in parliament again

raptalia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Shock, horror, once again the Monopoly Times exposes the bleeding obvious - in case none of us knew the Adelaide Oval crowds have dropped away after the inaugural year of 2014.

A few points-
  • We knew this was always going to happen. The AO novelty value was always going to wear off.
  • Most footy supporters regard the pricing at AO as exploitative and a disincentive to attend.
  • Port Adelaide's mediocre success rate since 2014 has affected our gate. Our numbers are down by 6,000 per game and average 38,227 in 2018. That figure that is not too bad when you compare it with some interstate clubs. Even with last week's low 26,129 crowd we are holding our own this year with an average attendance at 38,463.
Those of us who post regularly on this thread should not be surprised at the drop in numbers since 2014 and most of us would have expected it.

The SMA are now in damage control as Rob Lucas has announced that in the next Budget the State Government intends to pass on the cost of emergency and essential services such as Police to the venue operators. Knowing the SMA this will mean a flow on and a likely rise in the prices of goods and services inside the Oval and a further disincentive for people to attend.

Probably not the thread for this but here goes anyway, I find it rather ironic that the Liberal Party just won a Federal Election on the back of a, 'Labor means increased taxes' campaign and a week later a Liberal State Government foreshadows increased taxes. Morrison got his surplus by cutting the States' share of GST revenue and now the States have to recoop the money somehow. That's politics I guess.

Top Bottom