Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Security has the power to make a decision like that?
They are the ones who kick people out. I don't think they check with management before they throw someone out.

It sounds like it was some sort of crowd control type issue. Some petty official overstepped his authority I suspect.

They are the ones who kick people out. I don't think they check with management before they throw someone out.

It sounds like it was some sort of crowd control type issue. Some petty official overstepped his authority I suspect.
But surly this outrage, the fallout from it will find its way to the top. We can only hope.!

Last edited:

Yeah, that makes zero sense. They were buying tickets to the Adelaide/Geelong match so they could see the curtain raiser before the AFL game - the APY Lands vs Maralinga representative match - that's who the indigenous peoples were wanting to see. What crowd control issues would arise from people watching a curtain raiser?

I think it's far more likely that due to them being there early, they had taken residence on the hill to watch the game, and there had been complaints registered by Adelaide fans who rocked up later to take up 'their' spot on the hill...only to find that they'd have to be sharing the hill with those who had watched the representative game. So security was like 'this is a potential issue' and the supervisor made a decision on the fly. That's why they were only stood down for two weeks.

Yeah, that makes zero sense. They were buying tickets to the Adelaide/Geelong match so they could see the curtain raiser before the AFL game - the APY Lands vs Maralinga representative match - that's who the indigenous peoples were wanting to see. What crowd control issues would arise from people watching a curtain raiser?

I think it's far more likely that due to them being there early, they had taken residence on the hill to watch the game, and there had been complaints registered by Adelaide fans who rocked up later to take up 'their' spot on the hill...only to find that they'd have to be sharing the hill with those who had watched the representative game. So security was like 'this is a potential issue' and the supervisor made a decision on the fly. That's why they were only stood down for two weeks.
By crowd control I meant perceived issues or otherwise.

I don’t know but we should definitely brand all Crows fans as racists on the back of this.
I'm thinking more "KT: If Port had seats on the SMA board, given our extensive work with the indigenous community, we'd ensure such an incident wouldn't happen again". Would be nice if someone from the club turned a bad situation into something positive.

Probably from outsourced security guards.
I reckon you could almost pin point which security guards would have made these decisions. They love to exercise their power. A few years ago we were told to stop cheering loud at the Neil Kerley bar, then an Adelaide Oval employee came up and told us we’re afforded the privilege (Port Adelaide) of playing at Adelaide Oval and if we wanted to cheer loudly we should stand on the hill. They couldn’t actually kick us out because we weren’t swearing or being threatening

It's interesting that the media has not offered any explanation as to why the decision was made.
The scenario you painted above tells you why that might be.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope any of you without membership get to the game early tomorrow, mates and me are planning to have a few and get loud enough to be thrown out the ground an hour before opening bounce.

Suspect this will lead to order to go out asking no further tickets being sold to white folks :drunk:
"No more tickets for Port barrackers."

AOSMA press release.

https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/news/aosma-response-to-ticketing-incident/

Convenient, blame the drunk group of indigenous fans :rolleyes:
They are actually blaming the box office staff. It is written:
"... This directive was misinterpreted by the contracted box office staff..."

In Brazilian Law, this looks as a case of "culpa in eligendo" (Latin for "guilty in choosing"). If those in charge of the "contracted staff" are racists, this is a problem for who hired them; i.e. the SMA.

Moreover, the box office staff wouldn't be responsible for seeking clarification of anything. The responsibility over the directive being enforced properly would be the SMA's.

I don't know SA's common law, though.

Looks like AO is losing its lusture. Just saw this ad on Big Footy to buy an AO Footy Membership. I assume they are still capped at 8,000.

Or has the SMA become that desperate for money they have lifted the cap??

1554006440726.png

Looks like AO is losing its lusture. Just saw this ad on Big Footy to buy an AO Footy Membership. I assume they are still capped at 8,000.

Or has the SMA become that desperate for money they have lifted the cap??

View attachment 645348

It's better to have an AFL GF guaranteed ticket and have your membership count for reals.

Are they allowed to oversell?

It's better to have an AFL GF guaranteed ticket and have your membership count for reals.

Are they allowed to oversell?
Whose gonna stop them? The AFL who sell 56k memberships for 23k seat AFL members enclosure at the MCG? The SANFL did it at Footy park. Over selling general venue memberships ( not the $5k per year ones), when less than 50% of the seats are reserved seats in that area, is stock standard stuff around oz.

Where did the directive come from though? That’s the main question.

One of two places..TGS Security (owned by Spotless) or the owner of one of their subcontractors Osprey who tries to throw his weight around, or someone in the SMA who deals with ticketing and member issues on game days.

If it was at the southern entrance of the stadium, then I'd almost put money on it having been the gate supervisor (tall fat guy who looks like someone you wouldn't leave alone around your kids) who goes his hardest to brown nose managers.

Security has the power to make a decision like that?

They can make up all sorts of s**t as you know.
They could say, for example, that they were observed coming across the bridge fighting and arguing, or that they are intoxicated. All gates then get alerted not to allow this group in, and the people watching the cameras will keep an eye on them if they get denied entry at say the southern gate and start walking towards the eastern gate, and alert the northern gate staff of their presence.

And the police generally wont give a s**t what you have to say, especially if you are ranting and raving and are anything but calm. And usually most people after dealing with some of the *******s that work at the oval are anything but calm immediately afterwards.
Pull your phones out and record them, stay calm, don't swear. If possible demand (calmly) to speak to an SMA manager. Not a security manager or supervisor, SMA managers directly. Record it all.

There's a lot of yahoos with no clue how to deal with people working in there at the moment, so protect your selves.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back