Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

When you exit to smoke or whatever you dont use the turnstiles, you get a pass out card and exit/re-enter through the side doors/gates. On the east and south gates they are glass doors on both sides of the turnstiles, and at the north gate they open up the gates and a roller door.

So if they are double counting or more(as most smokers go out at every break), then that is some blatantly desperate dodgy s**t they are pulling now.

The only way i can see that happening is if they let people out/i through the turnstiles which makes it an obvious fraud that could be exposed by time stamps on records/data from the machines, or they are manually adding to the count, or just lying out of their asses.
This was specific to the women's final on Sunday when they were massively understaffed and didn't have the side doors open for pass outs. Anyone who went out had to come back in through the turnstiles

When you exit to smoke or whatever you dont use the turnstiles, you get a pass out card and exit/re-enter through the side doors/gates. On the east and south gates they are glass doors on both sides of the turnstiles, and at the north gate they open up the gates and a roller door.

So if they are double counting or more(as most smokers go out at every break), then that is some blatantly desperate dodgy s**t they are pulling now.

The only way i can see that happening is if they let people out/i through the turnstiles which makes it an obvious fraud that could be exposed by time stamps on records/data from the machines, or they are manually adding to the count, or just lying out of their asses.
I know how it works for AFL. This was a free event that had no need for pass outs.

Ah what NoddyHolder said. He went to the game.

58,000 is the unofficial capacity where they lock the gates
cricket, footy or both?

At the cricket they can get up to 8,000 in the village green, but lose about 3,000 seats with site screens.

Last edited:
Is that limit related to the liquor licence or other safety type concerns, or is it just roughly how many will fit?

No idea. I just know they can go up to a max of 58k

I know how it works for AFL. This was a free event that had no need for pass outs.

Ah what NoddyHolder said. He went to the game.
This was specific to the women's final on Sunday when they were massively understaffed and didn't have the side doors open for pass outs. Anyone who went out had to come back in through the turnstiles

Ah ok wasn't aware of that.
It's still dodgy.

Adelaide City Council is no longer pursuing legal action against the Liberal Government’s controversial $42 million Adelaide Oval Hotel, despite paying an initial $25,000 on external legal advice, councillor Anne Moran says.
At this morning’s parliamentary committee hearing into the hotel proposal, Moran said the council had decided against seeking senior legal counsel advice.

In November, the council announced it was spending $25,000 on preliminary advice, with CEO Mark Goldstone at the time saying the lease terms of the Oval meant “that the (relevant) Minister must consult with the council” before undergoing development works in the core oval area.

However, he also stated that “in essence, council has no power to authorise or disallow it”.

In January it was announced the council had since decided to pursue senior legal counsel advice.
But when questioned by SA Best MLC Frank Pangallo today on whether the council was preceding with that advice, Moran replied “no”.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/04/09/city-council-stands-down-from-oval-hotel-legal-fight/

Adelaide City Council is no longer pursuing legal action against the Liberal Government’s controversial $42 million Adelaide Oval Hotel, despite paying an initial $25,000 on external legal advice, councillor Anne Moran says.
At this morning’s parliamentary committee hearing into the hotel proposal, Moran said the council had decided against seeking senior legal counsel advice.

In November, the council announced it was spending $25,000 on preliminary advice, with CEO Mark Goldstone at the time saying the lease terms of the Oval meant “that the (relevant) Minister must consult with the council” before undergoing development works in the core oval area.

However, he also stated that “in essence, council has no power to authorise or disallow it”.

In January it was announced the council had since decided to pursue senior legal counsel advice.
But when questioned by SA Best MLC Frank Pangallo today on whether the council was preceding with that advice, Moran replied “no”.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/04/09/city-council-stands-down-from-oval-hotel-legal-fight/

Anne wants North Adelaide Aquatics Centre off the councils books as its losing $800k cash a year and will soon need some large capital repairs for it to stay open. No doubt state government will match the feds to help crows get access to the site. Anne now backs off AO hotel legal fight. Why? legal advise says you have no case? State government says if you want us to take the Aquatics Centre off your hands, shut down this protest? Who knows how these games are really played.

Last edited:
Anne wants North Adelaide Aquatics Centre off the councils books as its losing $800k cash a year and will soon need some large capital repairs or it to stay open. No doubt state government will match the feds to help crows get access to the site. Anne now backs off AO hotel legal fight. Why? legal advise says you have no case? State government says if you want us to take the Aquatics Centre off your hands, shut down this protest? Who knows how these games are really played.

I think you have a reasonable grip on it.

Anne wants North Adelaide Aquatics Centre off the councils books as its losing $800k cash a year and will soon need some large capital repairs for it to stay open. No doubt state government will match the feds to help crows get access to the site. Anne now backs off AO hotel legal fight. Why? legal advise says you have no case? State government says if you want us to take the Aquatics Centre off your hands, shut down this protest? Who knows how these games are really played.

Yep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flipped from SEN (went bloody dead again) to ABC radio just before 10am and caught the tail end of David Bevan interview with Koch, think Koch was flogging his new book.

He was talking about AO and SMA and said the CEO (Daniels) is coming to Port's next board meeting to explain the Hotel deal. Bevan said to Koch so you are back speaking to each other and everyone is happy. Koch paused and then said slightly sarcastically, I wouldn't say we are dating.

If Olsen has his way, the new stadium won't be commercially viable as a stand-alone project. It needs to be able to generate its own revenues without relying on Adelaide Oval facilities.

From the above article

A preferred stadium plan is expected to be nominated, ahead of a potential Commonwealth Games feasibility study due in August, in a State Sporting Infrastructure Plan expected next month or early June.

The Comm Games 2026 hosting bid, is voted on soon after that, and win that hosting right and it will drive which stadium gets up;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2026_Commonwealth_Games
During the CGF General Assembly on 31 March 2017 in Gold Coast, the executive board announced that they had planned to award both 2026 and 2030 Commonwealth Games simultaneously at the CGF General Assembly in September 2019.

Canada will probably get 2030 Comm Games as the first one was held in Hamilton in 1930, very similar distance (and double the population) as Geelong is west of Melbourne, Hamilton is to Toronto.

Just a bit of a bump here. Noticed on Saturday that there seemed a lot less People walking past carrying Beer/Drinks than usual , have the Supporters finally had enough of the AO rip off's ?, and if both us and the Tingles both miss finals again , which seems quite possible , will there raise prices AGAIN to recover their margin ? , cheers.

Just a bit of a bump here. Noticed on Saturday that there seemed a lot less People walking past carrying Beer/Drinks than usual , have the Supporters finally had enough of the AO rip off's ?, and if both us and the Tingles both miss finals again , which seems quite possible , will there raise prices AGAIN to recover their margin ? , cheers.
If we miss finals again, I might drop down to a three game membership, so they will get less from me, not that I drink much there anyway. Only had a cup of water on Saturday.

At Saturday's game I made a special effort to look around at how many Blue Coats were on duty / standing around

I noted dozens of them all doing very little

I know you've got to provide a service when people need it but there must multiple opportunities to rationalize staffing levels

Remove this Banner Ad

Back