Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

OT is going to get work done in the summer this year to expand the area for disabled spectators. Apparently this will decrease the capacity to 72,500. With the others building new stadiums and new stands, boosting the main stand should be in the back of the Glazers' minds. According to Andy Mitten, this would increase capacity to 80k and then with further development, to 88k. If it wasn't for the damn railway tracks and housing behind the main stand, I'd suspect these developments would've already been done and dusted.

I went to OT for the 2006 FA Cup semi final. It was midway through the last upgrade but still found it impressive. Going to be very difficult to expand it over the railway lines

What did you think of the AAMI park setup btw?
Like a 7/10 that looks good next to the ugly step-sister. The ugly step-sister being the Holden Centre
sign0137.gif

arent you taking the word of those accusing mansour of human rights violations?

why is one definitely correct and one definitely incorrect?

When UAE is on the Human Rights Watch website that is a pretty good indication of human rights abuse:

https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/united-arab-emirates

That's a non biased website with no motives for labelling the UAE as guilty of human rights abuses.

Whereas Moomba's claims are backed by a long shot lawsuit which has gone nowhere. Now we all know you can sue for anything in the good old US of A so that suggests there isn't much in it at all.

why couldnt you link me anything on the previous, non biased website? now it's someones sports blog.

cant be bothered with this anymore. not worth the time to just be told nothing of any substance relating to sheikh mansour violating human rights.

Hahahaha nicemelt. In kizzas world slavery & human rights abuse doesnt exist in Abu Dhabi under Sheikh Mansour. You couldn't possibly get more deluded.

HRW made specific reference to Manchester City, arguing that ownership of the Premier League club is enabling Abu Dhabi to "construct a public relations image of a progressive, dynamic Gulf state, which deflects attention from what is really going on in the country".

There you go Kizza. Human Rights Watch group are even naming Man City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like it from overhead(but unless you're a drone or a helicopter it won't matter), but from the ground it looks amazing.

Sounds like it'll be approved tonight and we should be in by 2021.
Good luck, there's so much planning approvals that need to be done just to be able to start building. Have they submitted plans to the tfl (transport authority) yet? I read somewhere there's still CPO orders to be granted for some nearby residents? which in that area of London may be lawyer types willing to put up a good argument. The pitch owners are probably the easiest to persuade.

As we discovered, nothing is concrete until the very last hurdle is jumped through. Only then will you have a move in date.

I don't like it from overhead(but unless you're a drone or a helicopter it won't matter), but from the ground it looks amazing.

Sounds like it'll be approved tonight and we should be in by 2021.
Playing 2 or 3 years away from Stamford Bridge?

Good luck, there's so much planning approvals that need to be done just to be able to start building. Have they submitted plans to the tfl (transport authority) yet? I read somewhere there's still CPO orders to be granted for some nearby residents? which in that area of London may be lawyer types willing to put up a good argument. The pitch owners are probably the easiest to persuade.

As we discovered, nothing is concrete until the very last hurdle is jumped through. Only then will you have a move in date.

By the sounds of things works begin the end of this season(decking over the train line) and we'll have one more season at the currect Bridge. Just needs the final tick tonight and its happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back