Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, theres a couple of articles about it. You asked for 36 and they gave you 27.
Tbh wouldnt be right to have home cup ties at Wembley anyway.

27 should be more than enough. 19 league games + 3 European group stage games + a max of 2 knockout games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly dont get what the locals problem is with us playing there. Transport around Wembley is pretty decent and if anything it brings some business into the local area

Well we at least now know how the retractable pitch will work and where it'll be stored.

For 27 games. Good stuff for Spurs and us i guess when we end up playing there.
We'd just close the top tier for early cup rounds against lower opposition. 27 will be the league, Europe and big cup ties.

Unlikely we play more than 8 European home games anyway so won't be an issue
Not guaranteed yet btw, just had our Wembley option deadline extended (was 31/3/17). Now end of April, apparently awaiting confirmation of works to be completed by government authorities like transport upgrades etc before locking in Wembley and decommissioning WHL. Won't move out of WHL this season if these works can't be agreed to be completed.

Also have secured 350m in investment bank loans, the rest to be paid by our increased/new revenue streams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/04/liverpool-plan-expand-anfield-beyond-60000/

Success of the Main Stand redevelopment has driven Liverpool to commission a feasibility study for stage 2 - the Anfield Road End redevelopment, which would take overall capacity beyond 60,000.

FSG don't sound too enthusiastic about it because there will be no corporate tickets in the new Anfield Rd end stand. Main Stand is paying for itself in 6 years - FSG claim this won't repay itself for 15-20 years or so and thus aren't as keen to get it going. It is times like this that I wish we had an owner who would happily spend the 60 million required to build the new stand without blinking an eyelid!!

FSG don't sound too enthusiastic about it because there will be no corporate tickets in the new Anfield Rd end stand. Main Stand is paying for itself in 6 years - FSG claim this won't repay itself for 15-20 years or so and thus aren't as keen to get it going. It is times like this that I wish we had an owner who would happily spend the 60 million required to build the new stand without blinking an eyelid!!
They are not keen on it but I think they know they have to do it. If we continue to be successful we will pay it off quicker. Steady CL money would help but it's the commercial side where we have excelled since Henry came in.

Be exciting if they do the Anfield Road end. 60k+ would be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back