Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

D1NLTSnWoAA4D9E

Doesn't look drastically different from before in terms of space to the hoardings.
Certainly more grass real or fake before reaching concrete.

D1NLTSnWoAA4D9E

Doesn't look drastically different from before in terms of space to the hoardings.
Certainly more grass real or fake before reaching concrete.

I think it’s being suggested that it’s not the distance from the pitch to the hoardings, but the way the ground slopes away from the pitch to the hoardings, that’s going to cause problems.

View attachment 633303

Can’t wait for the first bar of Duel of the Fates to be played, just as Eriksen plummets down the embankment to his doom.
You would think in the long run that would add to Spurs home field advantage as the players would train for that run up. Very difficult for visiting teams confronting it for the first time.

Wouldn’t think it would be a health and safety issue. It’s not really steep, just a gentle slope

I think it’s being suggested that it’s not the distance from the pitch to the hoardings, but the way the ground slopes away from the pitch to the hoardings, that’s going to cause problems.
and if you look closely at the first picture you’ll see there was slope there too. Was noticeable on match days.

No one credible is running with this yet.
Searched itk journos, skyscraper city (who are obsessed nerds) and media outlets.

No one as of yet even mentioning it as an issue.

and if you look closely at the first picture you’ll see there was slope there too. Was noticeable on match days.

No one credible is running with this yet.
Searched itk journos, skyscraper city (who are obsessed nerds) and media outlets.

No one as of yet even mentioning it as an issue.

20B97EE6-DD7E-4000-AD7A-C0E02575B77C.jpeg

Count the steps. It’s going to be an issue.

View attachment 633510

The club announced Brighton/Palace as the first home game, and essentially announced the next CL round will be there after a meeting with UEFA and the FA. If there was an issue it would have been raised then.

Yet here we are today, and they’re organising a legends match v Inter for the end of the month. Much ado about nothing.

Just will take some adjusting to is all

Last edited:
Our players will get used to it. Much harder to cope with it if you are facing it once a year.
It's not like we are great at corners anyway. Eriksen is generally a terrible corner taker
Thought the exact same thing. Should probably be beneficial against the lower league clubs who rely on those set piece opportunities rather than scoring from open play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could probably fix that slope if need be. It would take much effort to level out the carpet for another 1 metre and turn the current slope into more of a trench for drainage purposes.

Liverpool - Anfield
Palace - WHL
City (UCL) - WHL
Huddersfield - WHL
City (UCL) - Etihad
City - Etihad
Brighton - WHL
West Ham - WHL
Bournemouth - Dean Court
Everton - WHL

Nice little flurry of games coming up. Winnable home games. Two big league away games and two big European games.

Remember being told this won’t be a game changer. An extra 24k in attendance and all 60k are much more likely to spend £10-20 in the stadium than previously. Gameday food/drink revenues likely to rise by £500-800k per game with the street food hall, goal line bar & microbrewery.

I do think pre game pints are still likely to remain in the local pubs with the final one at the stadium. Post game if it’s a win could see people stick around for a few that’s for sure

View attachment 633510

Sorry to bring up an old talking point, but apparently that image was taken before they raised the artificial turf. I don't actually know why it was like that in the first place, but it wasn't finished then. There's a photo comparison I saw somewhere showing the change. There's still a slope, but it's much more gentle, and didn't seem to be a problem at all in the U18 game, or at least no one's talking about it.

Sorry to bring up an old talking point, but apparently that image was taken before they raised the artificial turf. I don't actually know why it was like that in the first place, but it wasn't finished then. There's a photo comparison I saw somewhere showing the change. There's still a slope, but it's much more gentle, and didn't seem to be a problem at all in the U18 game, or at least no one's talking about it.
Yep, that area looks as flat as a tack now based on that first corner

After 103 away games in a row 9 who start tonight played in the final game at white hart lane. Probably a good 14-15 of the 18 in the squad tonight would have been in the squad that day too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back