Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

So it will be called New Trafford?
E5EUGPyUUAI1DOy.jpg

Don't disagree about Wembley. Twickenham isn't the easiest to get to
Yeah but Guinness on tap at Twickers is very good and I'd rather deal with the *around of getting there than having to get a Virgin operated train ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised. I would imagine that they would redevelop each stand individually over time. The Glazers won't want to lose too much match day revenue. One of the proposals was to build an academy / women's stadium as well but frankly I don't know where they could put it. There is no room around OT for it.

TBH the stadium just needs some TLC and a bit of modernisation. Clubs that have knocked down and started again have largely done it to increase capacity. Is there really much difference going from 75k to 95k? and surely the payback would take decades. The cynic in me thinks that they would only do a complete rebuild if it somehow cleared the path for a stadium sponsor.

So man city is out of the question. I believe the two clubs hav collaborated way back when

Trouble is these clubs have more than normal amount of wear and tear with europe etc

Maybe a mix of Bolton, Etihad and Wembley for European games

So man city is out of the question. I believe the two clubs hav collaborated way back when
Moomba probably knows more but I think we only played at Maine Road in the past for 2 reasons. Firstly when Old Trafford was bombed during the war and had to be repaired and secondly when we had to install floodlights at OT for European games.

Yeah but Guinness on tap at Twickers is very good and I'd rather deal with the fu**around of getting there than having to get a Virgin operated train ever again.
I remember when there were discussions about the Bridge being redeveloped, Twickenham was considered as an alternate home but not an option because the residents in the area don't like football fans or something?

I remember when there were discussions about the Bridge being redeveloped, Twickenham was considered as an alternate home but not an option because the residents in the area don't like football fans or something?
It is a very middle class area. I'm sure the residents would have been fine with Chelsea playing at the ground as long as no away fans attended haha

Probably just Chelsea fans which is understandable

Trouble is these clubs have more than normal amount of wear and tear with europe etc

I think we'd take a pragmatic approach to it. There'd be decent money in it, and as long as they clean and sanitise after each use, you'd rather have a stadium in use every second weekend than sitting empty.

CFG have been fine send NYCFC to play at Red Bulls stadium at times, so I dont think petty rivalries would come into it either.

But knocking down and rebuilding a stadium seems a very un-Glazer like thing to do, so I wouldn't start clearing dates for United games at our place just yet.

Don't think man u would move out. Would think a staged rebuild is more likely.

Bury FC ground needs a tennant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back